Flash Mob @ FL Walmart - Page 2

Flash Mob @ FL Walmart

This is a discussion on Flash Mob @ FL Walmart within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Totally unacceptable. Would be good if police could swarm in and arrest as many as possible....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Flash Mob @ FL Walmart

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Totally unacceptable.
    Would be good if police could swarm in and arrest as many as possible.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by Bedrockk View Post
    I'll let the article & video speak for themselves:
    I'll let this picture speak for itself:

clacker.jpg

Obviously I'm kidding but this crap is getting old fast.

They vandalized and stole and yet the article says if caught they "COULD" face criminal charges. Really? Could? Why not "Will"?

Now, what would you do? 300 teenagers, not that much ammo. Are they armed? Are they posing harm to you? Are they just breaking and stealing stuff? Here is a situation where G19 or snub revolver. Either you are not justified in pulling or if you are you don't have 300 rounds. No win.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    They vandalized and stole and yet the article says if caught they "COULD" face criminal charges. Really? Could? Why not "Will"?

Now, what would you do? 300 teenagers, not that much ammo. Are they armed? Are they posing harm to you? Are they just breaking and stealing stuff? Here is a situation where G19 or snub revolver. Either you are not justified in pulling or if you are you don't have 300 rounds. No win.
    I would leave.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I would leave.
    Yup. Try to sneak out as quietly as possible.

The wise man knows when to fight, and when NOT to fight.

Displaying your firearm in this situation would be a colossally bad idea, as you can/will be be attacked from the sides, behind, etc. Too many areas of responsibility to cover.

This is one of those situations where if you actually did have to shoot to protect your life or loved one's lives, then you should do so and then exit as fast as possible and hope it is caught on store cameras, since the crime scene will be destroyed and pillaged long before the police can arrive. Even if the BG had a knife or gun threatening you, it will be gone when someone grabs it and runs, and of course, then you will be accused of shooting an innocent, unarmed child.

All in all, again, just get the heck outta there.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

30 people and all they could take was 1500.00 of merchandise?
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

How bout the 5 shot snubby now. LOL.

Ill bet the parents of these kids are proud......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

If I found myself in a situation like that where I feared for my safety I would simply exit through an emergency exit on the side of the store. Situational awareness is key, there's always alternatives for the prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    30 people and all they could take was 1500.00 of merchandise?
    At Wal-mart that's like 5 carts worth of stuff, though. And I just want to go on record as saying how much better the report was what with the reporter throwing food at the camera. It was almost like I was there, all caught up in the carnage.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

If I ever find myself in a store and a flash mob starts I think I would get out for at least several reasons:
    1. I don't want to get into any kind of confrontation with a large group.
    2. I don't want to be accidentally associated with them when I appear in the security video.
    3. Once outside I may be able to call 911 and may be able to capture some video, but it would all depend on the situation.

What I have seen for the most part these are not violent but just destructive and looting related mob/riot behavior. Of course there is always the potential for it to escalate, hence get outta dodge.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

VIP Member
    What they are doing is an act of terrorism. They should be charged under federal terrorist laws.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; July 18th, 2012 at 12:56 AM.
    Napolean likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Just guessing here but could it be that its up to the store to press charges? Just asking. If so that would account for why charges might be in question.

Michael

VIP Member
    Cities need to pass an ordinance stating all Flash Mobs will be dealt with Flash Bangs

I agree with the cage them all in and let the police sort them out.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

When I was a child, I helped sort eggs. We threw the bad eggs away. A simple action. When we made apple sauce, I helped sort the apples. We threw the bad apples away. A simple action.

We have enough people on this planet. It is time we sort out the bad apples and eggs and throw them away.........

Or, do we need to spend time, effort and money on education. Spray for bugs on our apple trees and gather our eggs more than once a day. The education of our Countrys people is dearly needed. We can not compete with the rest of the world without it. The lack of it will destroy us. An abundance of it will make us great again. This I promise you.

Again, just MO.
    oneshot likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links