Flash Mob @ FL Walmart - Page 4

Flash Mob @ FL Walmart

This is a discussion on Flash Mob @ FL Walmart within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I for one hope they do not make flash mobs illegal. I love seeing the "improv everywhere" type stuff. I would hate to see a ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Flash Mob @ FL Walmart

I for one hope they do not make flash mobs illegal. I love seeing the "improv everywhere" type stuff. I would hate to see a group of people singing a hearty song in a park get dispersed by flash bang grenades because it's a "flash mob."

Don't lump every flash mob into the category of destructive, malicious, terrorist activity, whatever else. Some people really do use them to cheer up other people's daily humdrum lives.

But more on topic, what happened in the OP is terrible and I wish that no one get caught up in something like that. I would call something like that a riot.
    Keep Calm and Carry One.
    Theis Holster - Joab Mag Pouch
    M&P9 Shield
    FNX-9

A group of thug wannabes will do something like this at some point with violence directed towards individuals and a bunch of them will end up getting shot by citizens defending themselves. That will put this sort of thing into perspective for police, establishment managers, general public, and hopefully the perpetrators of such stuff. Until consequences are encountered, I don't expect it to do anything but get worse. All this does is give ideas to the really violent element on a new and apparently successful approach.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    How bout the 5 shot snubby now. LOL.
    And any other weapon beside a M-60 machine gun would be just as useless as the snubby in this situation.
    BugDude, paaiyan and msgt/ret like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by VNvet View Post
    When I was a child, I helped sort eggs. We threw the bad eggs away. A simple action. When we made apple sauce, I helped sort the apples. We threw the bad apples away. A simple action.

We have enough people on this planet. It is time we sort out the bad apples and eggs and throw them away.........

Or, do we need to spend time, effort and money on education. Spray for bugs on our apple trees and gather our eggs more than once a day. The education of our Countrys people is dearly needed. We can not compete with the rest of the world without it. The lack of it will destroy us. An abundance of it will make us great again. This I promise you.

Again, just MO.
    That Sir, was very well put. May I suggest the following in addition?

Thoes who can not afford a belt and hygine products but have upgraded thier iPhone each time a new one arises, be fined steeply for disturbing the peace.

While we are at we should address people on welfare and foodstamps who keep having kids but somehow can afford the latests trends. You cant learn respect from parents who dont care. FYI Im not talking about parents that legitimatley can not support thier family.

I have been pretty disrespectful to some in my time and there is no fine line between right and wrong in that matter. I grew up quickly though because I had great teachers. If we choose not to discipline and educate however, how will our youth know when and how to grow up?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    That was just a Mob. No Flash to it.
    Definatly not a surprise though. Anybody read some of the comments that were posted on the local channels website? Interesting reading.

If I was a law abiding black citizen I would be calling for heads.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; July 18th, 2012 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    And any other weapon beside a M-60 machine gun would be just as useless as the snubby in this situation.
    I agree, and I carry a 14-shot .40. I'd grab my wife and run, gun loaded and racked just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsbacker View Post
    If I was a law abiding black citizen I would be calling for heads. Where are Jessie and the great Rev. Al now ?
    They were last seen ducking out the back of the store with a cartful of pork rinds and orange soda.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Against 300 people, 5 shot snubbie or 19 shot Glock...wouldn't make much difference. If they're not armed, either one would do the trick. If they are armed, neither one would do the trick. The outcome would be the same. The best thing to do is leave.

That was the point of posing the question. Against a crowd of this size, your choice of handgun isn't going to change the outcome.
    With the glock and a couple of spare mags you could put hits on better than 10 percent of the mob. With the snub Your at around 2-3 percent. I agree with you, that the best course of action is to leave, but sometimes it doesnt work that way. You might have to fight thru the crowd. Ill take the 10% any day of the week.

Read above. I like my odds better....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

There is one word that would put a stop to 90% of this behavior. Parenting. But that seems to be an almost lost art.
    8th ID and Rock and Glock like this.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Distinguished Member
    Guess I need to figure out a way to carry my AK with at least 4 drums.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    This is the only kind of "Flash Mob" that should be allowed.

Som Sabadell flashmob - YouTube
    Incredible!!!!

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Would I use a gun, maybe not. But I would use this on a flash mob of that size;

Fox Labs OC Lock-On Grenade

10 secs of pure hell for those folks. Should buy anyone enough time to run out the back door for escape.
    accessbob likes this.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Brought to you by the "Jessie and Al" show. They must be so proud.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links