Bad - Knife wielding man with "mental issues"

This is a discussion on Bad - Knife wielding man with "mental issues" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Threatens three teenage girls. The REALLY crazy part? The girl I am dating lives in this building... She was home when it happened. It's also ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mlr1m
  • 1 Post By Spade115
  • 1 Post By mr.stuart
  • 1 Post By mprp

Thread: Bad - Knife wielding man with "mental issues"

Bad - Knife wielding man with "mental issues"

Threatens three teenage girls. The REALLY crazy part? The girl I am dating lives in this building... She was home when it happened. It's also one of the nicest apartment buildings in the area. Just goes to show...

Alleged threatening of teens with knife puts man behind bars - southbendtribune.com
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Threatens three teenage girls. The REALLY crazy part? The girl I am dating lives in this building... She was home when it happened. It's also one of the nicest apartment buildings in the area. Just goes to show...

Alleged threatening of teens with knife puts man behind bars - southbendtribune.com
    Let's sat you were there how do you think you would have reacted once you heard the screams of the three girls?

I have never heard screaming in my building, but if I do I know that my M&P is coming with me to investigate. I'll look out the window first to see if I can determine what's going on. If no joke is being played and the screams are serious ill get 911 on the phone before I make my way out my front door to help those who are screaming.

A man with a knife is a scenario I've ran through my mind plenty of times with settings ranging from my building to grocery store to parks etc.

Anywhere, anytime. A crazy goon off his meds is as bad a sceaniro as any.......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

While there is no excuse for what the man with the knife did I do wonder what happened. The first thing that came to my mind was a group of kids 'having fun with the crazy guy'. That in no way would excuse what he did but I do wonder about it.

Michael
    Spade115 likes this.

this has me real suspicious.

The females -- two 18-year-olds and one 15 -- were playing hide-and-seek Monday night in the hallway of an apartment building in the 300 block of West Colfax Avenue when the suspect emerged from his apartment "several times," police said.
    when was the last time you all heard of 18 yr old girls to be playing hide and seek -.-
    mr.stuart likes this.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

My 19 and 17 y.o. daughters have played hide and seek with the neighbor kids, younger kin-folk, etc., etc. Not too often but they have and it usually revolves around a family gathering, babysitting duties, and such. No, it's not a 'normal' game played by teens, but it happens. I won't question the girls activities in this story too awfuly much... they could've been playing much worse 'games'.... and they did the right thing when this goof-ball confronted 'em.

Some strange idiot going crazy is a sceaniro I'll 'play-through' my mind as a parent and grandparent. Scary regardless.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKaos View Post
    Let's sat you were there how do you think you would have reacted once you heard the screams of the three girls?
    Rollo would have run down there, pulled his gun, and a part would have fallen off of it. Then he would hit the guy over the head with it like it was a hammer.

Another reason to carry the SP101, Rollo...it's heavy and bad guys have been known to accidentally bump their head on them.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I wonder if this is the entire story. Did the man really have a knife? Maybe they enjoyed picking on a person with mental problems? There are some evil kids out there. Yes, evil. The truth will never be known.
    Spade115 likes this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Um, what ever happened to asking someone if they could please keep the noise down? He's lucky their dad's weren't around.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Links