Inmate tried to shoot firefighter in escape

This is a discussion on Inmate tried to shoot firefighter in escape within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Weld sheriff: Inmate tried to shoot firefighter in escape | GreeleyTribune.com Those involved in the incident reported that Raul Alaniz Jr., 32, pulled the trigger ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yoda

Thread: Inmate tried to shoot firefighter in escape

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Weld sheriff: Inmate tried to shoot firefighter in escape | GreeleyTribune.com

Those involved in the incident reported that Raul Alaniz Jr., 32, pulled the trigger of a gun he took from a deputy as he pointed it at a Johnstown firefighter who tried to intervene in the emergency room struggle, according to the release. The gun did not fire, and Alaniz, who had an extensive criminal history, later killed himself with the gun.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Moderator
    It looks like the number of the Johnstown Firefighter wasnt up...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Divine intervention.
    HotGuns likes this.

VIP Member
    Well, the way I see it, Raul Alaniz Jr., 32 appeared to be the perfect poster child for prophylactics.

Thank the good Lord and Sweet Baby Jesus he had the common decency to at least take himself out, and not "as many with him" as he could.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I only read a few sentences. But from what I read, looks like the officers need some more handgun retention training.

"he managed to slip out of the handcuff that secured him to his bed." Looks like they need some more training with how to cuff people too.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Sounds like a cluster,so after Deputy Paige took cover why didn't she engage the prisoner?I don't think that his feet being shackled would allow him to outrun a pursuing LEO.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would like to thank the bad guy for killing him self, he saved us tax payers alot of money.

Links