GOOD: Couple of Creeps in Jail. BAD: Victim was apparently stalked from Wally's

This is a discussion on GOOD: Couple of Creeps in Jail. BAD: Victim was apparently stalked from Wally's within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sleezoid punk and sleezoid gf pick out mom and 11 y.o. daughter cashing check at WalMart, follow them home, and eventually sleazoid punk and sleazoid ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mprp

Thread: GOOD: Couple of Creeps in Jail. BAD: Victim was apparently stalked from Wally's

GOOD: Couple of Creeps in Jail. BAD: Victim was apparently stalked from Wally's

Sleezoid punk and sleezoid gf pick out mom and 11 y.o. daughter cashing check at WalMart, follow them home, and eventually sleazoid punk and sleazoid gf's little sleezoid brother follow mom to work and attempt to rob her while pistol whipping her as she sat texting from her car in the parking lot.

Affidavit: Pair stalked holdup victim | GJSentinel.com

A felon suspected of absconding from parole in Weld County will be prosecuted as a habitual criminal after his arrest on allegations he beat a woman with a gun during a failed robbery outside a business on Riverside Parkway.
    The victim told investigators she drove with her 11-year-old daughter to Walmart, 2881 North Ave., where she cashed a paycheck and returned home, the affidavit said...“These two subjects are observed standing in line behind (victim) and appeared to take particular note when the teller counted out the money to (victim),” the affidavit said
    It's just not smart to walk around with blinders on these days, even in places that are familiar to you.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

2. Remove Ads

It's just not smart to walk around with blinders on these days, even in places that are familiar to you.
    For sure. The article goes on to say:
    A woman who works at the business told deputies she had just parked, and was sending a text message, when another vehicle pulled up next to her and a black male walked up and opened her passenger-side door, according to the affidavit.
    This lady with her doors unlocked and her full attention on texting was an easy mark for predators like the punk who targeted her.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    For sure. The article goes on to say:

This lady with her doors unlocked and her full attention on texting was an easy mark for predators like the punk who targeted her.
    Exactly my thoughts when I read that sentence.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Cashing a check at WalMart. Lack of direct-deposit. Heads-down texting in an unlocked car in a WalMart parking lot (or anywhere else, in public).

Animals that fail to take precautions fall prey particularly frequently. Don't want that? Then don't do that.

Perhaps someone will help them understand that their procedures when out and about directly contributed to the elevated risk. One can only hope.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Complete mental-condition-'sheep'. Condition white dosn't even cover it........

What are the odds she learns something and changes her behavior? Bad lesson-learned if she learns anything at all.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Thing is, people should be able to do whatever they want out in public and not have to worry but it's not a reality. I wonder how many more times this guy will be charged as being a habitual criminal in his career.
    goldshellback, msgt/ret and Lish like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    We can go on about the condition white state of many folks, but it has been my observation that for many people, they tend to think that maintaining good SA might make them more likely to be victimized (like looking the BG in the eye and causing him to react). Maybe they are not correct on this but I believe it is the way a lot of unarmed folks think. Seems to me that many could exercise good SA, that if something amiss is happening they could appear not afraid and ready to respond, and this might actually work. I know for me this exact thing actually happened (but I was armed) but I did NOT have to draw, as the BG could see that I knew he was up to no good and that I was not afraid (and might be packing). How well this would work out for the unarmed, I just don't know.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

To use a term I got from TN_Mike, she was in "Condition Atomic White!" Oblivious to the world around her like she was walking around with a protective force field around her. Cashing a check at Wal Mart? The cashier counting out the money...should have just gone over the PA and announced, "Attention, the lady at the cash register (enter description here) has X amount of cash on her. For easy pickins, please follow her around."

In a perfect world, you could walk around and do whatever and not worry about it...but we're not in a perfect world. There's just no excuse for making yourself such an easy target.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links