Very Bad: Fla. deputies shoot, kill 'wrong' suspect

This is a discussion on Very Bad: Fla. deputies shoot, kill 'wrong' suspect within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police lieutenant: 'The bottom line is, you point a gun at a deputy...you're going to get shot' Fla. deputies shoot, kill 'wrong' suspect Cops looking ...

Police lieutenant: 'The bottom line is, you point a gun at a deputy...you're going to get shot'
    Fla. deputies shoot, kill 'wrong' suspect

Cops looking for a BG, knock on the door of a local resident of the neighborhood, not announcing they're officers. Homeowner answers his door with gun in hand..... and is killed.

"Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Yet, we have been told LEO will always announce.... They didn't this time "for safety reasons..."

Not all that safe if you ask me... but then, why just open the door? There's blame on both side here...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Fla. deputies shoot, kill 'wrong' suspect

Cops looking for a BG, knock on the door of a local resident of the neighborhood, not announcing they're officers. Homeowner answers his door with gun in hand..... and is killed.

Well......on the bright side.....at least he wasn't wrongfully accused and sent to jail for 35 years and spent 27 years before someone figured out he was the wrong guy. The Good Lord works in mysterious ways.

Agreed oakchas. Someone knocks on my door late at night ima have my gun with me. However I would not open it pointing it at before seeing who it is. Also I'm gonna check the peep hole or a window before I open the door.

However I feel the cops are def in the wrong, they should have made it very clear they were LEO's. If they thought the suspect was inside they should have surrounded the house to make sure there was no way for him to escape after they announced their presence. We trust entrust our policy officers with an extreme amount of responsibility, in this case they def dropped the ball and because of it a young man is dead.

Also the guys response "you point a gun at a cop, ur gonna get shot" kinda ticked me off pretty bad, its like he has no sympathy for what happened. I mean if his men where that worried about being shot, shouldn't they have been in a situation where they were not an easy shot. Than they could have seen the man with the gun and told him to drop it. I don't this whole situation is pretty messed up and sad really.

"Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Moderator
    We closed this thread once already due to the cop bashing that resulted.

This one is closed too. Call it a preemptive strike before it gets stupid.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links