Off duty FBI shoots car thief - Page 2

Off duty FBI shoots car thief

This is a discussion on Off duty FBI shoots car thief within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; get off the fbi agent back. he did what had to be done. all should be on the "dirt bags" backs that were breaking into ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Off duty FBI shoots car thief

get off the fbi agent back. he did what had to be done. all should be on the "dirt bags" backs that were breaking into the car. all three have a good/long criminal history and still should be in jail, not on the streets breaking into a car. if you look at the problems we have on the streets,,, 99% of it would not be around if they were in jail and not out of bond,, etc....
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

If the law where that happened allows for use of deadly force to protect property I have no problem with it. If it does not allow for it they should change, but not overlook it.

Michael
    mcgyver210 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post

You really have no idea what you're talking about and probably should stop and think before you start typing.
    Wow didn't mean to upset Mr. Sensitive, the only thing I was saying is leaving "goodies" like that in a vehicle is a dumb idea.
    mcgyver210 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    Wow didn't mean to upset Mr. Sensitive, the only thing I was saying is leaving "goodies" like that in a vehicle is a dumb idea.
    I give up.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I give up.
    Quit being so sensitive just instead
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

Knock off the bickering back and forth or I'll close the thread!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Knock off the bickering back and forth or I'll close the thread!
    Never has been any bickering on my part I don't really get bent out of shape over a board. "WOW" I know I was just being Goofy & even used visuals so no misunderstanding.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

No need to respond to my posts and/or point fingers... Just tone it down, and Drive On!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I wouldn't be able to do this in KY. I could have a $50,000 Lexus in my driveway and some thugs can come along and burn it to the ground and I wouldn't be able to do anything but let them step in my back yard and try to burn my old building that's not worth $50 and I can shoot them where they stand.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I wouldn't be able to do this in KY. I could have a $50,000 Lexus in my driveway and some thugs can come along and burn it to the ground and I wouldn't be able to do anything but let them step in my back yard and try to burn my old building that's not worth $50 and I can shoot them where they stand.
    That is exactly my original point I made.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Why is something in the backyard different than something in the front yard?

Does Kentucky law differentiate between front yard and back yard of your property?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Why is something in the backyard different than something in the front yard?

Does Kentucky law differentiate between front yard and back yard of your property?
    I think because it's a structure, but I'm not sure.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    Leaving deadly weapons in a vehicle and a automatic weapon at that is just down right dumb.... That weapon should be brought inside and secured every night/day and never left in a vehicle so some punk can get a hold of that weapon.
    My brother in law is a Sheriff in a rural area of the state and he has his issued M-16 ( 3 shot burst) in his squad car that he takes home every night.
    It is locked in the car but it is kept there and they have a lock system. He can get it very fast. I doubt he would bring it in every night. This is rural area so very different than the city.

VIP Member
    Off duty FBI or LEO, well I fugure its who you know. They know Judges, lawyers, other cops. They have "other" training, so of course they will get more latitude. But on the flip side when they screw up and do something stupid many times are held to a higher standard.

Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    Yeah, NY...
    Sorry man. Move? You can come to Florida, we'll trade an anti-gun ninny from Orlando to send up there to NY :)

Like Texas, in Florida, we're pretty pro "shoot 'em up". We can shoot someone breaking into the neighbors car if we feel it necessary to stop a "forcible felony" (not that I would, or think I should).
    And as far as I know, there is no law against storing a weapon in your vehicle here. Besides, cops do it all the time.
    You say tomato, I say tomahto. I disagree FL is a "shoot 'em up state". That mentality does none of us any good, and most of the shooting being done is not any sort of legal legit action. I've really only got one reason to shoot someone ever. Of course, if they're pilfering my ride, I may allow them to offer me that reason. Unfortunately, inserting yourself into someone else's forcible felony issue very rarely works out well for the Samaritan. Unless I feel someone is about to unjustly die, it's just not my rodeo, and my cell phone is always charged.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links