WSJ Poll: Bloomberg Article - Page 2

WSJ Poll: Bloomberg Article

This is a discussion on WSJ Poll: Bloomberg Article within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: WSJ Poll: Bloomberg Article

Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Someone needs to kick Bloomberg in the nuts, maybe that would loosen his ass up enough so he could pull his head out of it and see the real problem. Bloomberg is the major problem there, we all know that. His city has one of the highest murder / crime rates of any city in the nation because he bans law abiding citizens from owning guns and he denies people there right to protect them selfs. The only real criminal here is Bloomberg him self.

Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor View Post
    There is nothing similar in these two stories. In the first one you have an old guy shooting two robbers, and protecting him self and others in the process. In the second story you have a nut case that goes in and shoots up a theater killing a bunch of innocent people for no reason at all.

So explain to me and others here how these two stories are similar ???.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Also, if I remember correctly, the robber with the gun didn't have it loaded. So really, you have the comparison of a man with a baseball bat vs. a man with a rifle, shotgun, and pistol to go along with his body armor and helmet.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Current poll results aren't what the administration was hoping for. They'll have to generate something else to get the population fired up. We cherish our 2nd amendment much more than we care about the government's BS. It's still early - they'll come up with something by mid-October.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Exploiting this tragedy to further a political agenda even before all the blood is mopped up. Has Bloomberg no shame?
    NO shame whatsoever.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Voted 68.8 no

Just voted. Over 68% NO! I'm certain that is not what the liberal press expected or wanted!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Bloomberg could not wait to make political points with his audience of anti gun blissninnies.
    The man has no class.

Former PA governor Ed Rendell threw a real rant:

After Colorado Shooting Ed Rendell Slams NRA Fearing Congressional Cowards

Number one, no citizen should be allowed to have an assault rifle. That’s clear. No hunter needs it. No citizen needs it to protect their home. Citizens are allowed to have firearms, shotguns, no assault weapons. Number two, we ought the limit the number of bullets that are allowed to be sold in a clip that goes into an automatic or semiautomatic weapon. Had we done that in Loughner’s case and he had to reload two times, people’s lives would have been saved, and people would have been saved from serious bodily injury. And we need leadership, and we need someone to say enough is enough.

And I agree with Dan Gross, we don’t know where the guns came from, but it doesn’t matter where the assault rifle came from. Citizens should not have assault weapons.

29.6% Yes
    70.4% No
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Just voted. Over 68% NO! I'm certain that is not what the liberal press expected or wanted!
    Let's hope the voting in November goes the same way.
    msgt/ret and JDE101 like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    29.6% Yes
    70.4% No
    Same.

3,450-YES.
    1,450-NO.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I'll bet if they just made murder, attempted murder, and assault with a deadly weapon against the law; that would be all they would need to fix the problem.

Oh, that didn't work? Let's disarm law abiding citizens. That'll work for sure.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Let's hope the voting in November goes the same way.
    Agree!! November 2012 - the end of an error.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Same.

3,450-NO
    1,450-YES
    FIFY
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links