WSJ Poll: Bloomberg Article

WSJ Poll: Bloomberg Article

This is a discussion on WSJ Poll: Bloomberg Article within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; New York Mayor Bloomberg Calls for Tougher Gun Policy - Metropolis - WSJ Please vote if you can....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: WSJ Poll: Bloomberg Article

Exclamation WSJ Poll: Bloomberg Article

VIP Member
    Currently the poll is 62% no change and 37% for more gun control, I am surprised bloomberg waited this long to restart his usual anti-gun braying.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

OD*
    Done. Thanks for the heads-up.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member
    Thanks for posting this - current results are 64.6% - no; 35.4 % yes. It's amazing to me how the knee-jerk reactions come out after horrible events like this. Instead of calling for putting more guns into law-abiding citizen's hands, they want to immediately control guns. I'm all for keeping illegal guns out of the hands of criminals, but the government needs to leave law-abiding citizens alone and not try to curb our right to defend ourselves.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

64.8% No
    35.2% Yes
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

64.9 No
    35.1 yes
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

The question on the poll is: Should national gun control policy be changed in the wake of the shooting at a Batman movie in Colorado?

I would LIKE to answer "Yes, it should be loosened to allow more law abiding citizens the ability to defend themselves in more places." But it won't give me that option.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

“Instead of the two people – President Obama and Governor Romney – talking in broad things about (how) they want to make the world a better place, okay, tell us how,” he said. “And this is a real problem. No matter where you stand on the Second Amendment, no matter where you stand on guns, we have a right to hear from both of them concretely, not just in generalities – specifically what are they going to do about guns?”
    The question on my mind is what are they going to do about criminals. I'm no hard-boiled right-winger as anybody who's read my posts knows, but I just don't get why so many people think taking guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens will stop these maniacs from going postal in crowded venues.

I've been exchanging "ideas" (to use a polite euphemism) with posters on a local news website in the Comments section of the article on the Colo. shootings. I agree with the lefties on a lot of issues but you wouldn't believe the crap they're posting about gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    The question on my mind is what are they going to do about criminals. I'm no hard-boiled right-winger as anybody who's read my posts knows, but I just don't get why so many people think taking guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens will stop these maniacs from going postal in crowded venues.

I've been exchanging "ideas" (to use a polite euphemism) with posters on a local news website in the Comments section of the article on the Colo. shootings. I agree with the lefties on a lot of issues but you wouldn't believe the crap they're posting about gun control.
    I would describe myself as a mix of left and right, with a leaning toward the left on many issues. Like you, I have, and will continue to engage liberals on the gun control topic. I find that only civility and logic can sway them. I also find that the words 'liberal agenda' and the like only serve to erect barriers when what we really need is to take them down.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post
    I would describe myself as a mix of left and right, with a leaning toward the left on many issues. Like you, I have, and will continue to engage liberals on the gun control topic. I find that only civility and logic can sway them. I also find that the words 'liberal agenda' and the like only serve to erect barriers when what we really need is to take them down.
    Oh, absolutely. I try to look objectively at every issue but I'm increasingly frustrated by the fact that the wingnuts (both sides) do not. It's all about them and their agenda. The left hates the right and the right hates the left ... as a moderate I sometimes feel I'm hated by everybody! But that's cool, I own a G23, a 12-ga Mossberg, and a WASR-10 so bring it, b-- No, seriously I mainly just avoid people.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Should the gun control policy be changed?

Yes, in favor of being able to legally carry a gun.

How can you possibly vote on this poll with a right answer?

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post
    I find that only civility and logic can sway them.
    That's actually worked for you? I usually just get ad hominem attacks in return

I doubt it will matter, but I voted.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Exploiting this tragedy to further a political agenda even before all the blood is mopped up. Has Bloomberg no shame?
    Sig 210 likes this.

Voted
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Sneaky, slippery wording for a "poll" question, eh? Q: "Should gun control policy be changed in the wake of the shooting at a Batman movie in Colorado?" That could be read either way, yea/nay. Does "yes" mean one's in favor of eviscerating ineffectual, ill-conceived gun control? Or, does it mean one's in favor of adding more ineffectual, ill-conceived control statutes (aka, more "soothing words")? Uncertain who'd I would be supporting, answering either way. The "anti" pollster weenies would take it and run with it, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    "... to outline a concrete national policy to combat gun violence ...

“Soothing words are nice, but maybe it’s time that the two people who want to be President of the United States stand up and tell us what they are going to do about it, because this is obviously a problem across the country,” said Bloomberg ...
    Not so obvious as he thinks. It's generally less of a problem in "carry" states, pal, where BG's risk serious refusal at the time of their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    ... said Bloomberg, who launched a coalition of mayors in 2006 to stem the flow of illegal guns nationwide. “There are so many murders with guns every day — it’s just got to stop.”
    Yeah, self-righteous "gun-free" Chicago and NYC have many, many murders, almost on a daily basis. It does have to stop.

Hmmm. I've got it! How about ceasing the criminalization of upstanding citizens, allowing them to finally lawfully obtain the means to effectively defend themselves against such heinous, murderous criminal actions? Can't be any worse than what's being attempted in NYC, Chicago and similar "gun free" experiment zones. Bloomberg... ? Bloomberg... ? Bloomberg ...?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links