WSJ on Limited Legislative Backlash Expected

This is a discussion on WSJ on Limited Legislative Backlash Expected within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If there were no firearms life would be much safer for those among us who are blessed with size and physical ability. Folks who for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: WSJ on Limited Legislative Backlash Expected

If there were no firearms life would be much safer for those among us who are blessed with size and physical ability. Folks who for whatever reason who are not physically able to fight or run would be at the mercy of those who can. The way it was before Sam Colt made us equal.

Michael
    wmhawth and msgt/ret like this.

2. Remove Ads

The theatre chain has a no gun policy even though they dont follow the standard for signage. By doing so they created a gun free zone without adequately protecting the occupants who are all seated and in a darkened environment. They are a fish in a barrel to a freak like the shooter. If anyone is to blame it is the theatre for inadequate protection of their patrons. There has to be or should be regulations for the protection of a gun free zone.

My opinion of Governor Hickenlooper changed radically in his 3 national interviews.

"I’m sure that that is going to happen, but I look at this, this wasn’t a Colorado problem, this is a human problem, right?" Hickenlooper said on ABC's "This Week." "And how we can have such a warped individual, and no one around him be aware?"

"You know, I worry that if we got rid all of the guns," he continued, "and certainly we have so many guns in this country, we do have a lot more gun violence than many other countries -- but even if you didn't have access to guns, this guy was diabolical. Right? He would have found explosives, he would have found something else, some sort of poisonous gas, he would have done something to create this horror."

Aurora Mayor Steve Hogan, who appeared alongside Hickenlooper on the show, placed the blame on alleged shooter James Holmes as well, rather on the need for stricter gun laws.
    There were additional comments along the same line that my wife found on other websites, I don't have time to locate them. I hope the CO congress pays attention to this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links