Batman movie: Three men die protecting their girlfriends - Page 2

Batman movie: Three men die protecting their girlfriends

This is a discussion on Batman movie: Three men die protecting their girlfriends within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by tbo Hmmm, calling these guys heroes? Don't really know about that. I think basically they were at the wrong place at the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Batman movie: Three men die protecting their girlfriends

Quote Originally Posted by tbo View Post
    Hmmm, calling these guys heroes? Don't really know about that. I think basically they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm just hoping that these boyfriends really meant something to their girlfriends. Girls that age can put on a pretty good act. Their probably glad their still "alive". The smart thing to do would be to get out of there as fast as they could. I dought this shooter was that experienced with a gun.
    Most heroes ARE in the wrong place at the wrong time... And rise to the challenge... As these young men did. Good on 'em!
    CowboyColby and KimBobTex like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Hmmm, calling these guys heroes? Don't really know about that. I think basically they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm just hoping that these boyfriends really meant something to their girlfriends. Girls that age can put on a pretty good act. Their probably glad their still "alive". The smart thing to do would be to get out of there as fast as they could. I dought this shooter was that experienced with a gun.
    ??????????? REALLY ..... FIRST POST ???????????????? NOT IMPRESSIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW "they're" / "they're" / "doubt"
    tundra and Harryball like this.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

tbo
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    ??????????? REALLY ..... FIRST POST ???????????????? NOT IMPRESSIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW "they're" / "they're" / "doubt"
    When an incident like this happens, it gives people a reason to buy a gun. all of a sudden they think their "Dirty Harry" and their just "itchin'" to pull that trigger. So alot of these guys think that if they were there, they could have, should I say "kicked his ass". Gimme a break, this kid thought this out, and was prepared for anything. he's on the psycho level. You don't mess with those kinds at all.

Baiting. Some anti probably.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

When an incident like this happens, it gives people a reason to buy a gun. all of a sudden they think their "Dirty Harry" and their just "itchin'" to pull that trigger. So alot of these guys think that if they were there, they could have, should I say "kicked his ass". Gimme a break, this kid thought this out, and was prepared for anything. he's on the psycho level. You don't mess with those kinds at all.
    Yes, this whacko planned... was prepared for anything? not so much... he surrendered as soon as LEO showed up. In the situation that occurred there seem to be two schools of thought...

• one: that any armed (or not) resistance might have stopped him... and maybe it would have, or at least given more the opportunity to flee...
    • two: that no matter what you did, it was up to him whether you lived or died.

Both schools have their adherents... However, training suggests that if you cannot run or hide, you must fight... If he was rushed by a group, he could have been subdued even by the unarmed... at some loss of life, no doubt.

But, in the good ol' days, we won on the beaches of Normandy by being willing to "die for the cause"... And on flight 93, likewise... The best hope for the many may very well have been for the few to charge the attacker...

Frankly, I cannot say what I would have done... I might have disarmed, as it was a proprietor posted gun free zone... I may have made certain I was concealed. And, in all likelihood, I wouldn't have even been there... being past my bed time, as it were.

Somebody could have made a difference, that I believe. Some did. Three men did the best they thought to do, and lost their lives for it, perhaps saving three others... What if six had charged the gunman?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The guys were indeed hero's and exactly the kind of people who should be armed in our society, shame they weren't.
    Sometimes folks post things that should just be ignored.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

You are forgetting that some of us have trained hands and a mindset to back it up. Im sure with the bravery that these three showed, if they were givin the chance to be armed, they would have taken him out.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

tbo
    When people do things like this, it is carefully planned out and they usually succeed. The OKC Bombing, 9/11, Columbine. It's all the same. They catch everybody buy surprise attacks. The've made their point and that's all they wanted. The will be in all the history books, all over the internet etc. All that patriotism is and act. If it was husband protecting wives/kids that's one thing. But these "boyfriends" got the short end of the stick with protecting their so-called girlfriends who probably will have a "new" boyfriend next week.

VIP Member
    My, my, we have a troll. Please check the rules on language.

yeah, just what we need. someone ban this clown mmkay?
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

When people do things like this, it is carefully planned out and they usually succeed. The OKC Bombing, 9/11, Columbine. It's all the same. They catch everybody buy surprise attacks. The've made their point and that's all they wanted. The will be in all the history books, all over the internet etc. All that patriotism is and act. If it was husband protecting wives/kids that's one thing. But these "boyfriends" got the short end of the stick with protecting their so-called girlfriends who probably will have a "new" boyfriend next week.
    Ill give you the bombing, but this incident and columbine could have been different if there were armed citizens. As far as the boyfriends getting the short end of the stick, Yep they did, but not at the hands of there girls...They did what was right, no matter how you cut it.
    ctr likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Wow, whether the girls move on to a new flavor of the week or not is 100% irrelivant. If these men did it for three strangers then they are still heroes. The three they protected have no bearing on what they did. If you honestly think they will be forgotten then I really have nothing polite to say about you.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

tbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Wow, whether the girls move on to a new flavor of the week or not is 100% irrelivant. If these men did it for three strangers then they are still heroes. The three they protected have no bearing on what they did. If you honestly think they will be forgotten then I really have nothing polite to say about you.
    Doesn't really matter if you have anything to say polite about me or not, I'm right...You're wrong. The media will eat this up like they have been and get everybody pumped up with different emotions. it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure these things out. All we need is some maniacs out there with guns and itchy trigger fingers, trying to make themselves a "hero?".

You sir, and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, are an absolute idiot!

I could face the wrath of the mods or censors, but I still stand on the merits of my statement!

Nuff said! Period!

Your right because you say so? Because you think that these guys were nothing to the girls based on how girls that age act?

So what if they died protecting a handicaped freind or a random stranger?

Sure the media does create and hype up stories for reaction, look at the story of Jessica Lynch vs what really happened. But your initial point is not the same as what you changed it to in retaliation of my comment.

Doesn't really matter if you have anything to say polite about me or not, I'm right...You're wrong. The media will eat this up like they have been and get everybody pumped up with different emotions. it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure these things out. All we need is some maniacs out there with guns and itchy trigger fingers, trying to make themselves a "hero?".
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links