Ugly: Man Killed in 'Knock-out Game'

This is a discussion on Ugly: Man Killed in 'Knock-out Game' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Animals... Prosecutor: Teens killed man in...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ugly: Man Killed in 'Knock-out Game'

Ugly: Man Killed in 'Knock-out Game'

US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

Ugh what a sad story. Have to love the fathers comments

"
    But Jonesí father, Terry Jones, said Monday that his son didnít realize that the blow he was struck was fatal.

ďHe was only trying to knock him out,Ē he said, adding that his sonís troubles dated to his joining the gang and time he spent in juvenile detention in DuPage County.
    "

Sent using 2 cans and string

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I grow weary of this kind of behavior. The father-what a joke. He has no integrity, no courage to stay on the side of "RIGHT" and denounce his son's actions. He is likely the biggest part of the problem here. Sadly, it seems most people will put their progeny first when it comes to misbehavior. I've seen it on many levels. Never mind what is right or wrong their only thought is to protect their child. Unfortunately, the child learns he can escape the consequences of his actions. Then comes a day when his actions get him into a place where he is irredeemable. Then everyone wrings their hands and cries "How could this happen?"
    DefConGun and mano3 like this.

I can play a game of knock-out, too. I carry it in my waistband.
    mano3 likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

I agree with the previous post, I will play their game but by my rules only.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson. Always remember our military. Me

According to police reports, Jones and Ayala are both members of the Latin Kings street gang. All three teens have been charged as adults with first-degree murder and are being held without bail. They’ve all confessed, prosecutors say.

But Jones’ father, Terry Jones, said Monday that his son didn’t realize that the blow he was struck was fatal.

“He was only trying to knock him out,” he said, adding that his son’s troubles dated to his joining the gang and time he spent in juvenile detention in DuPage County.

Father???? A father would have taught his son right from wrong. This "man" is no father.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    But Jones’ father, Terry Jones, said Monday that his son didn’t realize that the blow he was struck was fatal.

“He was only trying to knock him out,” he said, adding that his son’s troubles dated to his joining the gang and time he spent in juvenile detention in DuPage County.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“It was a kid, you know. But he put on man shoes, now he gonna have to do man time.”
    Gerald Moss

Rotten little street urchins.
    Unfortunately someone wasn't able to rid the streets or these vermin before they commited such a heinous crime
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I just passed on an opportunity to attend a conference in Chicago. I'd rather visit Somalia.

i don't know man, pizza uno is pretty awesome. we actually make a trip once a year for that. and then high tail it the heck right back outta there.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

“He was only trying to knock him out,”
    It aggravates me something awful when I read comments like this. Like when a person is killed committing a robbery and someone says they wasn't going to hurt anyone they only wanted to have some fun or take some property or whatever it was they were there for.

The fact that the person they attacked does not want to play their game does not enter their mind. Its like they can do anything they want to another person and its okay because they are only having fun. I blame that attitude on the parents.

Michael
    atctimmy likes this.

Well, we've now had several incidents of this one punch game that has resulted in death. Therefore, if someone is approached by individuals intent on striking them, there would be a real fear of death or severe bodily injury which would justify a deadly force response. So be it.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Well, we've now had several incidents of this one punch game that has resulted in death. Therefore, if someone is approached by individuals intent on striking them, there would be a real fear of death or severe bodily injury which would justify a deadly force response. So be it.
    I have to agree. I think it would be easy to articlate that a reasonable man could fear death from such an attack.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Dang..... They could be Obummer's sons!!!!
    ep1953 likes this.

Fists are deadly. We must ban them right now. You must pass a fist safety course before you are allowed to have one. Let's all outlaw them now. Only police should have them.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Absolutely horrible. The level of depravity that we see anymore is amazing. These young men that are so desperately seeking ways to measure their manhood are going to get a crash course in reality. Instead of seeing it on YouTube, their going to be seeing it from inside of prison walls. Now they get to be the involuntary victims of someone else's whims.

This story does put things into a different perspective. I remember reading other threads on here where people have said that someone attacking you with nothing more than than their fists to punch you was not enough justification to draw. Now, a punch doesn't seem so innocent.
    mano3 and ep1953 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links