Continuation of the Kroger shooting

This is a discussion on Continuation of the Kroger shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Apparently the mother of the deceased would be robber has filed a suit against Kroger for not enforcing their "no weapons" policy for employees. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Continuation of the Kroger shooting

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Continuation of the Kroger shooting

Apparently the mother of the deceased would be robber has filed a suit against Kroger for not enforcing their "no weapons" policy for employees. I will try to get my hands on the suit papers.

Mom of would-be robber who was shot sues Kroger | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Further comment by me would get me in hot water with the moderators, so...
    beararms likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

I... But... Well, if she says he was a good boy I guess we have to believe her. Pay up.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Well, IMO, this shows the reason why the son was like he was.
    beararms and vca2004 like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Was it ever proven the alleged robber actually had a weapon? The couple of initial reports following police arrival indicate the claims were he was seen forcing a female staffer into a back room and had something pressed into her back. No indication of gun, knife or other weapon. No indication of details beyond what it basically looked like (forcible control, something in the back). Links to details, anyone?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Was it ever proven the alleged robber actually had a weapon? The couple of initial reports following police arrival indicate the claims were he was seen forcing a female staffer into a back room and had something pressed into her back. No indication of gun, knife or other weapon. No indication of details beyond what it basically looked like (forcible control, something in the back). Links to details, anyone?
    "Prosecutors say 24-year-old Elijah Elliott was justified under Indiana law when he shot Atkinson on Dec. 26 during an attempted robbery." The point is moot... Justified shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by BWillis57 View Post
    Convicted felon (armed robbery), on work release with open warrant for violating those conditions, attempts another robbery, attacks another person, and dies as a result of that decision.

I'd think they'd have better odds suing the judge who approved work release or the PD that failed to serve the warrant. Both links in the chain that "caused" this death, robbing the community of an upstanding pillar of society and potential future Nobel prize winner.

And when are they going to start suing the hoodie manufacturers?

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    "Prosecutors say 24-year-old Elijah Elliott was justified under Indiana law when he shot Atkinson on Dec. 26 during an attempted robbery." The point is moot... Justified shoot.
    A half dozen news reports quote it as "an apparent robbery," yet zero news reports are indicating he was armed at all. I'm simply asking if anyone has seen documented what he was armed with, as no reports indicate anything about it.

For those who would misconstrue, this is interest in details of the situation, not backing or justifying a robber's actions.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Scum breeds scum !.

I would guess she has been living off of other people's money her entire life. Why change now?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

sgb
    Nuisance suit do to the inane company policy
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    A half dozen news reports quote it as "an apparent robbery," yet zero news reports are indicating he was armed at all. I'm simply asking if anyone has seen documented what he was armed with, as no reports indicate anything about it.

For those who would misconstrue, this is interest in details of the situation, not backing or justifying a robber's actions.
    I can't find anything. There's mention of a "hard object" being held against an unarmed security guards back but no indication of what that object was. However since his first conviction was for armed robbery, I'm not sure he would change the pattern.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

It's in my best interest to just keep biting my tongue and let my fingers keep bleeding on this key board, rather speak my mind on this subject, and get banished from D.C., the Internet, Kayak, my community and planet Earth. Don't do this fingers, don't do this...

He Momma, the seed donor that spawned the litter, and the decadent lawyer(s) that represents low life's, should be laughed out of existence by the judge and a jury of their peers.

If I understand the definition of "peers" correctly, the problem is... Where would you find enough "peers" for the jury? The criminal defense section of the Yellow Pages?
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Good maybe Kroger will have too reverse the policy and allow employees to carry Guns!
    BigStick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I can't find anything. There's mention of a "hard object" being held against an unarmed security guards back but no indication of what that object was. However since his first conviction was for armed robbery, I'm not sure he would change the pattern.
    If you threaten armed robbery wouldn't that make it armed robber in this situation? A hard object is a weapon if you use it as one.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links