Telegraph UK:"Glock Pistol has been the weapon of choice for spree killers"

This is a discussion on Telegraph UK:"Glock Pistol has been the weapon of choice for spree killers" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "This magazine is so large, it actually sticks out the bottom of the handle of the gun, of the grip," he told an American radio ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By Cold Shot
  • 2 Post By boscobeans

Thread: Telegraph UK:"Glock Pistol has been the weapon of choice for spree killers"

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

"This magazine is so large, it actually sticks out the bottom of the handle of the gun, of the grip," he told an American radio station earlier this year.
    "And you can fire it very quickly, and you can get off that large number of rounds before you have to reload." The weapon is now used by two-thirds of US police departments and has featured in countless films.

Barrat argues that the gun undoubtedly increases the death toll in mass shootings where it is used.
    "The American gun market is now permeated by these large-capacity magazines," Barrat told the radio series. "And I think that contributes to the likelihood that when a psychopath decides to do his evil work, he's going to have a tool that's more effective."

Glock Pistol has been the weapon of choice for spree killers - Telegraph

(MODS:Sorry if this is the wrong section for this thread.)

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

It's the most popular pistol in America. To play off another analogy used regularly on the boards, that would be like saying the toyota camry is car of choice for auto crashes.

^^^^^
    Aw, man... I was gonna say that.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

What do you expect from the UK? They've been victimizing their citizens for years.

This article makes it seem like all Glocks come standard with 33 round magazines. I wish mine came with one.

In 1900 England's Prime Minister Marquis of Salisbury put into law restrictive gun control requiring British "SUBJECTS" to prove "good reason" to possess any form of firearm.

In the 1940 England had little more than some shotguns and other sporting arms, owned by the more affluent, to protect itself against a possible attack by Hitler's forces. England's "Home Guard" had a few shotguns to protect the country from a well armed German invasion.

In 1940 the "American Committee for Defense of British Homes" asked Americans to send "Your, - Pistols - Rifles - Revolvers - Shotguns - Binoculars" because "British civilians, faced with the threat of invasion, desperately need arms for the defense of their homes."

We also sent them 485,000 tons of Spam.. Guns and Butter .. LOL

Winston Churchill wrote in "Their Finest Hour": "When the ships from America approached our shores with their priceless arms, special trains were waiting in all ports to receive their cargoes. The Home Guard in every county, in every village, sat up through the night to receive them. ... By the end of July we were an armed nation ... ."

Another schmuck journalist with no idea of history or the reality around him.

bosco
    Last edited by boscobeans; July 25th, 2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: added info
    goldshellback and BigStick like this.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    It's the most popular pistol in America. To play off another analogy used regularly on the boards, that would be like saying the toyota camry is car of choice for auto crashes.
    Can't agree more.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

What do you expect from a man WILLING to be a SUBJECT and bow down to the Monarchy. I shoot IDPA matches with a guy originally from England, and I can tell you he's VERY happy to be able to shoot his G17!! And he's good too, ESP Expert.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

That's what I kept telling everyone, the Glock is the best all around gun, whether you're an LEO, CPL holder or a spree killer. Just the best reliability hands down.

Does this really surprise anyone?

Another attempt to demonize an object so that laws can be made to restrict the citizens from the right to possess one. It happens all the time. I see this journalist failed to mention all the Glocks that never were involved in a "shooting spree" I guess those don't count, do they.

Of course not, that would not fit well in the "get rid of guns" agenda.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

It's the gun that's idiot proof. Any dummy, anytime, anywhere can make it work.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

That tells ya how good and reliable Glocks are, even the bad guy want them. Not a good way to look at it, but it is true.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Remember that UK means United Kingdom. You know, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland. Their opinions have no bearing on US law the last I checked.

But the part about Glocks Rock is right on! I'll be hanging on to mine for a while.

what is it that Uncle Ted says......oh, yeah. That guy from the UK can kiss my Glock.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

In 1940 the "American Committee for Defense of British Homes" asked Americans to send "Your, - Pistols - Rifles - Revolvers - Shotguns - Binoculars" because "British civilians, faced with the threat of invasion, desperately need arms for the defense of their homes."
    Yep and after the war was over they destroyed them instead of sending them back to the USA
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Winston Churchill wrote in "Their Finest Hour": "When the ships from America approached our shores with their priceless arms, special trains were waiting in all ports to receive their cargoes. The Home Guard in every county, in every village, sat up through the night to receive them. ... By the end of July we were an armed nation ... ."
    An armed populace undermines the ability for the leaders of that nation to negotiate a surrender that would allow them to remain in power as a puppet regime.

Michael

Sponsored Links