Man arrested after gun brought into theater

This is a discussion on Man arrested after gun brought into theater within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man arrested after gun brought into theater They haven't said if he had a CCW permit or if he was carrying concealed. If he did ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Man arrested after gun brought into theater

They haven't said if he had a CCW permit or if he was carrying concealed. If he did and he was, this is very bad for Colorado. That would mean they are arresting law abiding citizens.

Edit: Apparently he was open carrying, legal everywhere except Denver.

2. Remove Ads

the like the people in COOKEVILLE ,TN better they just told the three poeple to go and put their guns up
    (the other theater thread running)

Seems like something is missing here. Thornton doesn't ban open carry, so unless he was asked to leave by the theater and refused, I don't see why he was arrested. Seems like an OC stunt to me. Why would someone open carry to a place that has a corporate restriction, that's just asking for trouble.

Most all movie theaters up here have posted signs saying "No Weapons" so any private property with posted signs would prohibit you from carrying even with a permit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 40calcarry View Post
    Most all movie theaters up here have posted signs saying "No Weapons" so any private property with posted signs would prohibit you from carrying even with a permit, right?
    Yes in some state. There is some state were it has no weight law behind the sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    That's not far at all from where I live. I checked their municipal code and it sounds like they have an issue with OC. Their laws regarding carrying a firearm state that a person can carry without a permit if the firearm is not concealed and one of two conditions are met: the firearm is in your vehicle or on you while hunting. Anyone else want to take a look?
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I have seen four serial killers myself turn around when they saw that sign. In 1930 bonnie and clyde would never touch a bank with that sign

In KY the 'gun buster' signs do not carry the weight of the law. Private business owners who 'make' ccw'ers can ask the person to leave. If the person leaves, that's the end of it, but if they don't it will be a criminal trespassing charge.

OC is 100% legal in KY. I don't do it unless I'm back home in the wilderness of eastern KY.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    It will be interesting to see what the charges are.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

More info on the this and the specific charges He was booked on suspicion of "possession of a dangerous weapon".

Read more: Man arrested after bringing gun into Thornton movie theater - The Denver Post Man arrested after bringing gun into Thornton movie theater - The Denver Post
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    If he had a valid concealed permit, I think going OC was just asking for trouble, and he found it.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

"We are an open carry state," Barnes said. "We look at the open carry law and how it relates to this incident. He felt he was exercising his right to bear arms in an open carry state, and we are currently reviewing that with our prosecutors."
    It is the use of this tactic that bothers me. Arresting someone then after the arrest trying to find a law that will hold up in court. This is the same tactic used against minorities, kids standing on a street corner and everyone else we wish to make up charges against.

Michael
    Hoganbeg and Secret Spuk like this.

What an asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by owgem View Post

What an asshat.
    Very true. But on the other hand just because the Government is powerful enough to arrest a person who has broken no laws does not mean they should. Matter of fact its illegal for them to do so.

Michael
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Our Government, at all levels, gets away with this stuff because we are not holding their feet to the fire. Immunity for public servants is lunacy. Laws should apply equally to all people irrespective of their "job". Police who arrest without probable cause should be prosecuted as should those above them who institute such policy and allow those violations under color of law. Given the corrupting nature of power, nothing will change until we start going after these violators with a vengeance.
    Badey likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links