Paranoid?: So you say you don't carry in the shower..?

This is a discussion on Paranoid?: So you say you don't carry in the shower..? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; you might want to rethink that.... Man kicked in side door, grabbed woman as she came out of the bathroom... knife to her back,they both ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Burns
  • 1 Post By BugDude
  • 1 Post By Spidey2011

Thread: Paranoid?: So you say you don't carry in the shower..?

Paranoid?: So you say you don't carry in the shower..?

you might want to rethink that....

Man kicked in side door, grabbed woman as she came out of the bathroom... knife to her back,they both woke the sleeping boyfriend... boyfriend got up, fought, got cut up, but the refrigerator got stabbed... Yes, the Fridge took the shiv!

Story here
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    the suspect walked up behind the woman as she was leaving the bathroom and pushed a knife into her back.
    The way it is worded means she was stabbed in the back, not put a knife UP TO her back, also does not mention her condition whether she actually was injured or not, but does mention her boyfriend had a few cuts on his hands...

Where do they find these people?
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    The way it is worded means she was stabbed in the back, not put a knife UP TO her back, also does not mention her condition whether she actually was injured or not, but does mention her boyfriend had a few cuts on his hands...

Pushed a knife into her back ... not necessarily stabbing... just the point you see...

which people do you wonder about... the (alleged)"reporters," the victims, or criminals?
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Pushed a knife into her back ... not necessarily stabbing... just the point you see...

which people do you wonder about... the (alleged)"reporters," the victims, or criminals?
    The reporters which should make the stories more clear, or at least mention she was not injured...
    vca2004 likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member
    I, myself, do have my M&P40c with me when taking a shower (on the cabinet next to the shower, not with me IN the shower). I don't want to find myself with someone between me and my pistol should they break in. And, I can respond quicker.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    GUN CONTROL! Yeah Right Here's your gun control. Where there's a will theres a way!

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I keep a stainless steel knife permanently stationed in the shower for those times I have no field of view. Other than that, I rely on the dog who does warn me about all activity around the place.

For the shower, I'm going to have to get me a BFR holster.....Between the Fat Rolls.
    l1a1 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    I, myself, do have my M&P40c with me when taking a shower (on the cabinet next to the shower, not with me IN the shower). I don't want to find myself with someone between me and my pistol should they break in. And, I can respond quicker.
    I do the exact same, its on the sink counter though.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

While in the shower my gun is on top of the toilet, inches away...
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post

Work/study program at Journalism schools, probably.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

With all whats going on in the world today. Im starting to rethink my personal defence issues. I guess I need to ramp things up a bit. Stay safe everyone.

No need for that here. My property is so secluded that I can hear ( yes, HEAR) a small car from about a 1/2 mile up the driveway. Anyone walking in would have to pass 3 other properties full of nosy neighbors, who would be out there in a heart beat to find out who was walking on their easement, or walk a minimum 2 miles through knee-high pasture grass depending on where they came up. Even if someone did make it to the house unnoticed, the 2 dogs would be going nuts.

I think my security is adequate enough that I don't need to be paranoid enough to keep a gun in the bathroom. Heck, most of the time I don't even carry at home, unless I go outside, and even then it's more for critters than people. It's a nice feeling to be able to put the gun aside and relax in my own home.
    RemMod597 likes this.

Spidey--

Sounds like a great place. But I really don't consider myself paranoid, just prepared.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    Spidey--

Sounds like a great place. But I really don't consider myself paranoid, just prepared.
    To each his own. Personally, I don't find the need to have a gun in the shower. I guess I can see someone wanting one close by if they live in the city, though I would think some good security measures would be a better idea. I guess people living in a city have a good reason for that level of "preparedness" though.

Links