Bad: WWII Vet beaten. Good: Witnesses help catch BGs

This is a discussion on Bad: WWII Vet beaten. Good: Witnesses help catch BGs within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm glad it ended with the BGs caught. Witnesses help capture muggers who attacked World War II vet - chicagotribune.com...

Thread: Bad: WWII Vet beaten. Good: Witnesses help catch BGs

US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

I'm glad the witnesses were able to lead the cops to the BGs... I'm glad the witnesses called 911 and got an ambulance en route to help the victim...

I am absolutely disgusted with my hometown, my home state... Here is a veteran of the greatest generation who risked his life so that you and I wouldn't lose our freedoms... and yet he is not free to legally arm himself, protect himself, against thugs like this who have free reign in Chicago.

I will say this in defense of Chicagoans.. many of them will get involved... many of them will call the police... some will intervene. In that regard they are a bit more proactive (in my experience) than some other big cities...

I simply find it hard to believe they will be so proactive to help another in distress but they cannot muster the will to vote themselves the right to defend themselves... It boggles my mind.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I'm glad the witnesses were able to lead the cops to the BGs... I'm glad the witnesses called 911 and got an ambulance en route to help the victim...

I am absolutely disgusted with my hometown, my home state... Here is a veteran of the greatest generation who risked his life so that you and I wouldn't lose our freedoms... and yet he is not free to legally arm himself, protect himself, against thugs like this who have free reign in Chicago.

I will say this in defense of Chicagoans.. many of them will get involved... many of them will call the police... some will intervene. In that regard they are a bit more proactive (in my experience) than some other big cities...

I simply find it hard to believe they will be so proactive to help another in distress but they cannot muster the will to vote themselves the right to defend themselves... It boggles my mind.
    In Rahm they trust?

Happy the caught the BG's! Hope the vet recovers! BG's should be tried for attempted murder!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sponsored Links