Now, here is a gun law that I will support.

This is a discussion on Now, here is a gun law that I will support. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man gets 125-year sentence for theft of gun used to kill former Navy SEAL in Washington state - The Washington Post ** Man gets 125-year ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveH

Thread: Now, here is a gun law that I will support.

VIP Member

Now, here is a gun law that I will support.

Man gets 125-year sentence for theft of gun used to kill former Navy SEAL in Washington state - The Washington Post

Man gets 125-year sentence for theft of gun used to kill former Navy SEAL in Washington state

By Associated Press, Updated: Wednesday, August 1, 12:22 PM

SPOKANE, Wash. — A man convicted of stealing a gun used in a murder was given 125 years in prison — about a century longer than the actual killers received after taking plea deals.

Christopher G. Nichols, 27, was sentenced Tuesday for gun theft, trafficking in stolen property, being a felon in possession of firearms and other crimes, The Spokesman-Review reported ( Stevens County gun thief slapped with 125-year sentence - Spokesman.com - Aug. 1, 2012 ) .

Prosecutor Tim Rasmussen said sentences for the gun crimes must be served one after another, as a result of Washington’s 1995 law known as Hard Time for Armed Crime.

SNIP

Note: am assuming that Armed Crime means "Armed" not just firearm -- as that would demonize firearms.
    Last edited by DaveH; August 1st, 2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: added note
    goldshellback likes this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

should have just given him the death penalty so we don't have to pay for his room and board.

oh, and life sentences too. life should no longer mean life as it were. kill em all i say.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Links