Very Bad: Work Shooting

This is a discussion on Very Bad: Work Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened 2 doors down from the company that my father and I run. Reaffirms my decision to carry every day! This is my worst ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 5 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By goldshellback

Thread: Very Bad: Work Shooting

Very Bad: Work Shooting

This happened 2 doors down from the company that my father and I run.

Reaffirms my decision to carry every day! This is my worst fear in the neighborhood our company sits in. Every company has their own batch of crazies over time that the thought always crosses your mind if you have to fire them if they would go postal.

Very sad story.

2 Dead in workplace shooting | Milwaukee County - WISN Home

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Luckily I work for a gun/carry friendly company. At any given time, there are at least 3 of us carrying, in an office of 7 people.
    mano3 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Murderers think their actions solve their problems ... whether it be money, ego, perceived grievance, or whatever. It's hard to tell what will set a person off, when that person hasn't yet reached the tipping point. Good neighborhood or bad, great or marginal business, great or awful colleagues, there's no telling what'll enrage the next murderer enough to act.

Basically, so many in our contemporary society seem to lack a moral compass and grounding, and a sense of personal responsibility and integrity. Lacking that, anything's possible.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Guy kills his boss, then himself............ Why don't these losers just kill themselves instead of trying to take others with them?!?

I agree with ccw9's assesment of of country's moral compass pointing south........ We, as 'good' people, can no longer 'do nothing'
    and let/allow 'things' to continue heading 'south'.
    bigdogtx likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Not to condone this or any murder, and not making any accusations against this man who is unknown to me, but for the life of me I do not understand why we don't all treat everyone with compassion and kindness when we KNOW that some will come back to seek their revenge with a gun.

I've had supervisors that were complete jerks. If I found out that one of them got murdered by an employee, I sure wouldn't be surprised or have to wonder "Why?"

OTOH I've IDed a few coworkers to stay far far away from. Heck we had one guy (obvious steriod use, brought a shotgun to work in a nonthreatening manner) who was having a termination meeting, got so upset and threatening that they rescinded the termination and dropped the whole thing.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Not to condone this or any murder, and not making any accusations against this man who is unknown to me, but for the life of me I do not understand why we don't all treat everyone with compassion and kindness when we KNOW that some will come back to seek their revenge with a gun.

I've had supervisors that were complete jerks. If I found out that one of them got murdered by an employee, I sure wouldn't be surprised or have to wonder "Why?"

OTOH I've IDed a few coworkers to stay far far away from. Heck we had one guy (obvious steriod use, brought a shotgun to work in a nonthreatening manner) who was having a termination meeting, got so upset and threatening that they rescinded the termination and dropped the whole thing.
    I think I know what you are trying to say (in bold) but when you have a gun stuck in your face is not the time to show, compassion and kindness, but is the time to show and act with violence armed with a gun or not. If you can not be armed at your work then have to mindset and training to be dangerous without one. The gun its self is not what gets you out of the situation YOU ARE.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I seen this on the news, and now expecting to see the Anti-gun folk start the no gun policy campaign

Sad, becoming an everyday event.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

I've wondered the same thing. If you just walk up to a person that is a little less stable than most and say, "You're fired. GTFO," it just might be that push that sends them off the deep end. Especially in this economy. Do it nicely, give them a severance package, etc. Anything to make it easier on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Sad, becoming an everyday event.
    In larger cities, it has been for a very long time.

Anarchy ... coming to a town near you.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links