Good: Houston releases video on how to react to active shooter.

This is a discussion on Good: Houston releases video on how to react to active shooter. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I thought this was very well done. Houston releases The subject video is below the article on the web page. Edited to add: Found it ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TxCommish

Thread: Good: Houston releases video on how to react to active shooter.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar

Good: Houston releases video on how to react to active shooter.

I thought this was very well done.

Houston releases

The subject video is below the article on the web page.

Edited to add: Found it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcSwejU2D0

Fitch
    Last edited by Fitch; August 4th, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

2. Remove Ads

Didn't the gunman notice the Gun Buster sign on the door? He was breaking the law by ignoring that.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Stupid video, IMO, geared for people who's main concern in life is what time American Idol comes on.

How about

RUN
    HIDE
    AMBUSH
    SHOOT HIM TO THE GROUND

What? There was a 'No Weapons' sign on the door?

What? There was a 'No Weapons' sign on the door?
    Yep and that is a legal sign in Tx and violating it isn't a slap on the wrist,I'm glad there aren't many places I have to go that are posted.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yep. Just another reason not to go back to Tx.

Shame people have to be told this stuff, and too bad they left out the best defense.

Didn't Monty Python have a vid.....ah yes the infamous run away video. Hey let's be like the Brits....hide, hide more and hope not to be seen......oooops I see your foot under that desk.....bang bang, you're dead. Sickening.

Please don't lump all of TX sir, that is from a libtard city, not the suburbia where we will pop a cap in your azz and ask questions later if threatened.

Well, didn't they sort of make it obvious by showing the 30.06 sign that the shooter selected a "free fire zone?" I don't think they did it on purpose, (or maybe they did,) but, they kinda make the case for allowing concealed carry. Otherwise you have to fight the guy with a chair and a fire extinguisher.
    Gforty likes this.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

This just hit the WSJ's radar. They don't actually show the shooter part. I'm assuming that would be too traumatic.

http://live.wsj.com/video/houston-sh...6-55CDCF099FDC

Personally I think it's good the sheep are at least begining to entertain the possibility of such events and how to react.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    This just hit the WSJ's radar. They don't actually show the shooter part. I'm assuming that would be too traumatic.

http://live.wsj.com/video/houston-sh...6-55CDCF099FDC

Personally I think it's good the sheep are at least begining to entertain the possibility of such events and how to react.
    I thought so too. I also thought the shooter part was outstanding. Guy turns and blasts two people point blank with a shotgun. Shooters do that. It isn't any worse than what happenes on prime time TV.

I was glad there was at least one municipality that figured out people didn't know what to do. The internet cafe video where the 71 year old guy with the Taurus .380 chases the two perps out is a case in point. There is a woman wandering around with her hands on her head and no clue what to do. The rest of the people pretty much just sit there except for the guy that parallels the shooter (what did he think he was going to do?) and the guy that's reaching for his wallet while the bad guys are rushing out the door.

I think the video is a good thing. There are a lot of people who don't carry, and places that people aren't allowed to carry, which is exactly when and where this video might be useful.

But be careful where you walk around here, you could slip on all the spilled testosterone.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

this is a good thing. most people aren't like us. anything to prepare them to respond better than they would in a bad situation is a step in the right direction.

oh, and aurora hospitals where my wife works has active shooter training. that made me happy.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Links