Jonathan Blunk, Naval vet, FF/EMT, stood up to Aurora shooter

This is a discussion on Jonathan Blunk, Naval vet, FF/EMT, stood up to Aurora shooter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dark Knight Batman massacre victim may have died trying to fight crazed shooter James Holmes | Mail Online It is thought that one of the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Geobob

Thread: Jonathan Blunk, Naval vet, FF/EMT, stood up to Aurora shooter

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Jonathan Blunk, Naval vet, FF/EMT, stood up to Aurora shooter

Dark Knight Batman massacre victim may have died trying to fight crazed shooter James Holmes | Mail Online

It is thought that one of the victims of James Holmes' Dark Knight Colorado gun massacre might have died trying to stop the shooting.
    Mourners at 26-year-old Jonathan Blunk's funeral service have said they were told by officials there are indications that he tried to stand up to 24-year-old Holmes in the Aurora, movie theater on July 20th.
    'Law enforcement is leaning toward he was trying to get the (suspect's) gun to save people's lives,' said Roland Lackey, an Air Force veteran who officiated the service. 'He was a hero, and I salute him.'
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    May he rest in peace.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Rest in peace, brother
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

A true hero - no greater love hath any man than he lay down his life for another......May light shine eternal on him in the Mansions of the Lord.
    Azchief and Chaplain Scott like this.

Story I read says he pushed his girlfriend and two other girls to the ground, staying on top of her acting as a shield as the gunman shot people. She felt him go limp and after gunman was gone tried to get him to move, but he had been fatally hit, saving the lives of three women. What's not being reported much is that even though he was in military 5yrs or so and had re-enlisted as a shot to make the Navy Seals, he was working as a Mall Security Guard in spare time-how he met his girlfriend/fiance. Gun-free zones are not good places and criminals know this...that's why I avoid them, along with crowded places and such, because they're good targets of opportunity for any bad guy that knows nobody can protect themselves there. Mr. Blunk truely was a hero that just wanted to serve and protect our country and gave his life doing it.

Godspeed, sailor.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

A man, among men. RIP.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke16 View Post
    Story I read says he pushed his girlfriend and two other girls to the ground, staying on top of her acting as a shield as the gunman shot people. She felt him go limp and after gunman was gone tried to get him to move, but he had been fatally hit, saving the lives of three women. What's not being reported much is that even though he was in military 5yrs or so and had re-enlisted as a shot to make the Navy Seals, he was working as a Mall Security Guard in spare time-how he met his girlfriend/fiance. Gun-free zones are not good places and criminals know this...that's why I avoid them, along with crowded places and such, because they're good targets of opportunity for any bad guy that knows nobody can protect themselves there. Mr. Blunk truely was a hero that just wanted to serve and protect our country and gave his life doing it.
    Too bad,there is no doubt in my mind had he been armed he would have engaged the threat,it sux when u find out you've been forced to bring fists to a gunfight.One bad thing about the theatre versus other areas is that the seating rows not only slow movement down but make it very difficult and slow to move laterally
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well done brother.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Man that's horrible. I am sure there is a special seat for him in heaven. On a off note this is one more reason I prefer a redbox DVD and a cold refreshment cuddled with my wife on the couch. Plus its hard to keep a 2 year olds attention anywhere. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Links