Cop loses his rifle..

This is a discussion on Cop loses his rifle.. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It was the fault of the evil black assault case the rifle was inside. If this rifle case was hot pink with huge yellow flowers ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Cop loses his rifle..

It was the fault of the evil black assault case the rifle was inside. If this rifle case was hot pink with huge yellow flowers instead of black I would bet that the officers might never have lost track of it.

Michael
    goldshellback likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Probably not as bad as a Swat LEO that left his FA M4 laying in the grass by the road after an operation that was found the next morning by a Jogger IIRC
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Probably not as bad as a Swat LEO that left his FA M4 laying in the grass by the road after an operation that was found the next morning by a Jogger IIRC
    ... or ... the Seattle Police

Assault rifle left unattended on Seattle Police car | KING5.com Seattle

I like how its called a "patrol rifle" when an LEO has one, but it's an "assault weapon" when a law abiding citizen has one. [/QUOTE]

Because its a double standard type of thing. When the cops have there AR15 "patrol rifle - yea right'' its considered a good thing and a tool to help them do there job. But civilians with the same rifle and depending on the situation can be considered a heavily armed terrorist, thug or what ever they choose to call us.
    Sig 210 and kmf0925 like this.

VIP Member
    And still people think that LEO's and the military are the only ones responsible enough to have rifles of this sort.
    goldshellback likes this.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    LEO's aren't perfect. They are human just like all of us. They screwed up, and they did some damage control. No harm no foul. Ever seen stories of the parents driving away with the baby carrier on top of the car, with junior inside?
    I don't think anyone expects them to never make a mistake. But losing one of your weapons is a BIG mistake. They are just lucky somebody found it and turned it in.

Sounds to me kinda like when pariphinalea (no spell check on my phone) is found in a case on a junkie and they say, "I just found that its not mine." The cop follows up with, "you were carrying this around and didnt even know what was in it? Just saw it on the ground and picked it up?"

The guy turned it in so thats good. But I just dont see how he didnt bother to check it before a week passed by. Just picked up a case that obviously had something in it and tossed it in his truck.

Boy one day I hope I run over a locked metal suitcase with a busted handcuff on it. Obama should not have the football and besides my rights to bear arms shouldnt be infringed.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Careless LEO's, know now, finders keepers in my book!
    Build your own! http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Jetico.......BC Wipe

Lost weapons happen all the time in the system. FBI, ATF....etc. It's all in the numbers. More weapons, percentage acceptable for disappearing.........c'mon. You know the drill. Nobody's ultimately responsible for anything these days much less those who have more responsible positions in life than we who are irresponsible. Never question authority, and never hold another human to a higher standard even if it pays better and takes you down a notch on the list. Kingdom come.
    Sig 210 likes this.

"The Allegan County Sheriff's Office patrol rifle that went missing from a patrol car Monday night has been found.
    The fact that this rifle was able to go anywhere on its own is making me rethink my belief that firearms cannot do any damage on their own. If this firearm went anywhere then it obviously has developed the ability to travel on its own. Maybe we do need to place some kind of controls on them after all.

Michael
    Adameeski likes this.

I am just a stupid country bumpkin...but i have never lost a firearm....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links