Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin - Page 3

Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin

This is a discussion on Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looks like there are 10 people in the hospital along with the 7 dead. Police are at a home, possibly the shooters looking for any ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin

Looks like there are 10 people in the hospital along with the 7 dead.

Police are at a home, possibly the shooters looking for any infor which would explain why the guy snapped and did this.

Prayers for the victims and families can never hurt.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by bamfsig45 View Post
    Things seem to happen in three's, CO, WI, ???

Know your surroundings.
    Well if that theory was correct then it would have stopped at CO.

Tuscaloosa Alabama shooting, Then the Toronto shooting on the same day, then CO.... This would be 4

Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    Well if that theory was correct then it would have stopped at CO.

Tuscaloosa Alabama shooting, Then the Toronto shooting on the same day, then CO.... This would be 4
    Had to google those.....my bad

So maybe its starting over....

Sad, I hate to see this happen as this gives more fuel to ban guns from the good guys. This is really "domestic terrorist incident" as the Chief of Police stated. Me I would I would leave the word "domestic" off.
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfsig45 View Post
    Had to google those.....my bad

So maybe its starting over....
    My guess is you are starting to see things to come. What has been other countries troubles the last 3-5 years are now coming to us here in the US. These shootings are just the tip of the ice berg that is coming.

So are you ready??
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    My guess is you are starting to see things to come. What has been other countries troubles the last 3-5 years are now coming to us here in the US. These shootings are just the tip of the ice berg that is coming.

So are you ready??
    I think I am. But one never knows for certain until the solid waste strikes the bladed, oscillating air moving device for real. Keep your situational awareness high, do not think that you are in a safe place where this kind of thing wouldn't happen ever. These things can and do happen anywhere and everywhere. If it has never happened where you happen to be, that just means that it might be the first time for it when you are there.

I know several Sikhs. They are good people. Their religion truly is a religion of peace and they tend to be hard working and loyal to the country that adopts them.
    Bark'n and BlueHawk76 like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    These people are not Muslim, but they have been getting threats since 9/11. They are actually from India, a spin off of Hinduism.

The level of ignorance of some people is extreme.. as if they are still living in the dark ages (the shooter and those like him).
    spets and W9HDG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post

So are you ready??
    Im not sure anyone is actually ready for this unless they train daily, are special forces or SWAT of some sort. Do I carry every day? Yes. Do I go to the range once a month? Yes. Am I aware of my surroundings and realize this can happen anywhere? Yes. Am I prepared to protect myself and others and take the life of a bad guy....I think I am mentally but then again....how does one prepare for real world situations, it takes extensive training.

So am I ready? I cant tell you I am 100% Can You?
    spets likes this.

Leave religion out of this please, or I'll leave you out of the Forum. Deal? Good. I thought so. Carry on. PM me if you have any questions. BTW, I hate wasting time on PM's.
    spets, Mike1956, TN_Mike and 2 others like this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Another link, says mostly the same things as the other ones:

Seven killed at Sikh temple in Oak Creek; police surround Cudahy home - JSOnline

There's a lot of things I'd like to say, but to try to stay within the forums rules, I'll just leave with this statement.

We all came from the same place. That doesn't change based on what other people believe.
    spets likes this.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    PilotOnline.com: national & world News for Hampton Roads, Va., from The Virginian-Pilot

During a chaotic few hours after the first shots were fired, police in tactical gear and carrying assault rifles surrounded the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin with armored vehicles and ambulances.
    Really?

One of the first officers to respond to frantic 911 calls seeking help was shot several times as he tended to a wounded victim, and was in critical condition along with two other victims Sunday night, authorities said.
    I won't judge, but that's not in the active shooter handbook.

"We never thought this could happen to our community," said Devendar Nagra, 48, of Mount Pleasant, whose sister escaped injury by hiding as the gunman fired in the temple's kitchen. "We never did anything wrong to anyone."
    Denial.

It appeared the investigation had moved beyond the temple, as police and federal agents swarmed a neighborhood in nearby Cudahy, evacuating several homes and roping off four blocks around a house where their attention seemed to be focused. Milwaukee County sheriff's spokeswoman Fran McLaughlin said the department's bomb squad was on the scene, though she had no details about why the unit had been called.
    Member of Aurora shooter fan club or is this the new normal response?

Sixteen-year-old LeRon Bridges, of Oak Creek, works at the bowling alley said police brought people from the temple over in two armored trucks. At one point, about 50 to 60 people were at the bowling alley, including police officers questioning witnesses and paramedics treating victims' wounds, he said.
    I guess this is the police determining the safe triage area.

I've always heard that the Sikhs were of a warrior mentality. Interesting that no one defended themselves.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Also today near PetersbuRG VA, 1 dead 3 wounded, although details are sketchy:

PilotOnline.com: Virginia and Local news for Hampton Roads, Va., from The Virginian-Pilot
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Religion has nothing to do with this. Hate does.

I've met enough hate filled people that hate others for their skin color, their religion, or a combination of both.

Some people hate others because of certain hobbies. I've been called a heartless murderer for enjoying the simple joy of hunting. It's why I don't mention that I really enjoy whitetail hunting to people unless I get to know them first.

As long as their is hate, there will be violence. The cause for that violence is in the mind of the shooter, and it matters not. For it never makes sense, and trying to make sense of nonsense just wastes time.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Religion has nothing to do with this. Hate does.

I've met enough hate filled people that hate others for their skin color, their religion, or a combination of both.

Some people hate others because of certain hobbies. I've been called a heartless murderer for enjoying the simple joy of hunting. It's why I don't mention that I really enjoy whitetail hunting to people unless I get to know them first.

As long as their is hate, there will be violence. The cause for that violence is in the mind of the shooter, and it matters not. For it never makes sense, and trying to make sense of nonsense just wastes time.
    Where did you find out this information about the killers motive? I haven't been ably to find out anything about him myself.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Murderers have no compunction over committing murder. That a group of people have gathered in a building won't be an impediment to such folks.
    I wrote a novel about this same situation happening over and over. What stopped the attacks and prevented more (innocent) deaths were the law-abiding CHL holders.

Not only do murderers have no compunction about committing murder, the psychos LOOK for a mass audience.

But as usual, the media and pacifists whine about needing more gun laws, more gun control.

Gun control has yet to stop a single one of these shootings, and instead has only guaranteed the outcome.

JD
    Author of Above Reproach, the new thriller that unequivocally positions the Second Amendment and concealed carry as our nation's most effective system of homeland and personal security.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links