Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin - Page 4

Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin

This is a discussion on Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by mlr1m Originally Posted by SFury Religion has nothing to do with this. Hate does. Where did you find out this information about ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Religion has nothing to do with this. Hate does.
    Where did you find out this information about the killers motive?
    I'm guessing that Sfury was simply pointing out that hatred is at the root of such attacks on others, whether it be dislike for someone else being alive, having something the attacker wants, being of a particular religious bent, or appearing to remind the killer of his abusive father from long ago. In the same way it's a bit silly to dither over wondering whether such an attack is a "hate" crime, when murder itself about as hateful as it gets.

Seems self-evident the motive was, generally speaking, basic hatred (in the mind of the murderer) for something the people there represented to him.
    Crescentstar likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Originally Posted by mlr1m
    Originally Posted by SFury
    Religion has nothing to do with this. Hate does.
    Where did you find out this information about the killers motive?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I'm guessing that Sfury was simply pointing out that hatred is at the root of such attacks on others, whether it be dislike for someone else being alive, having something the attacker wants, being of a particular religious bent, or appearing to remind the killer of his abusive father from long ago. In the same way it's a bit silly to dither over wondering whether such an attack is a "hate" crime, when murder itself about as hateful as it gets.

Seems self-evident the motive was, generally speaking, basic hatred (in the mind of the murderer) for something the people there represented to him.
    I understand where you are coming from. The point I was making though was that when we can find no other reason for crimes such as these we take the easy way out and say it was caused by hate. Then we go about trying to educate people in an attempt to rid them of that unjustified hatred of certain groups. Education does help if the hate is based simply on ignorance.

The trouble is that by jumping to the conclusion that it is hate based without real proof we could be overlooking a far more dangerous and harder to spot killer. The one that has no feelings about the people they harm. some people will kill for the joy of killing or just because they are bored. They do not hate anyone, but they have no feelings for them either.
    Education does not help with this type of person.

Michael

Geeze, what is going on? We need an armed citizen to put one of these sad excuses for a human down before they're able to get off their second shot.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Westboro Baptist "Church" bigots apparently are toeing the hateful "party" line, again:

God sent another shooter? MT @BreakingNews: Scanner reports indicate people shot at Sikh Temple,Oak Creek,Wisconsin @DanODwtmj @620wtmj

According to a tweet from Fred Phelps, the leader of the so-called church, the shooting was punishment for the bad treatment his group had gotten in Wisconsin.

Police search Wisconsin home for motive in Sikh temple shooting

Quote Originally Posted by From article
    Authorities said the gunman had used a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun, which was recovered at the scene. They were trying to track the origin of the weapon.

Jagjit Singh Kaleka, the brother of the president of the temple, who was among the six Sikhs killed, said he had no idea what the motive was for the attack.

"But we know the more assault weapons we distribute the more situations like this we will have," he said. The US had a ban on certain assault weapons but it expired in 2004.
    This murderer had a 9mm pistol, but lack of "assault" weapons bans cause such situations as this. Gads, but it's strange how the bipedal mind functions, at times.

======

The mass murders in 2005 at another WI church show how easy it is for someone who "snaps" to harm people who cannot effectively defend themselves. Gun bans haven't stopped such things ... and cannot. The only thing that'll have a prayer of stopping such things on the instant they occur is "hardened" targets, potential victims who refuse to become victims.

May everyone be as armed and as resolute as it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

7 Dead at Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wis.; Officials Believe 'White Supremacist' Behind 'Domestic Terrorism' - ABC News

Very bad: Multiple people shot at a Sikh Temple in Wisconsin. News is breaking, and details are limited.
    This is why I carry a gun to church.

I already said it....... This is getting ugly and only gonna get worse.

Cops are just minutes away..... and the responding officer took a few rounds ment for the innocents.....

All we can do is make ready to protect ourselves, our own, and each other......
    Prayers to the fallen.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Where did you find out this information about the killers motive? I haven't been ably to find out anything about him myself.

Michael
    Simple, happy don't go killing people off like this. This was an act of rage, not an act of war. This individual was waging battle for some sort of perceived injustices against them by one person, or persons, that wronged him.

I don't care what the specific reasons were. It's the same basic story with all the people that take these actions. They lost touch with reality at some point, and their motives will never make sense.

So many people focus on the why, they forget that the why of deluded individuals makes no difference. It has no bearing on how to handle a situation like this. None. Handling a situation like this means being prepared to respond appropriately by the people who are attacked. As the old saying goes, "When seconds count, police are minutes away."
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Glad the officer acted fast and ended it before it became worse. Prayers to him...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Close to home. The Sikh peolple are good people, I know several and from what I can see in them they wish the sames things I as I do. They value freedom. I guess that is why I carry every where I go. I am starting to think about a larger caliber. Very sorry to see this happen.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    The president of the temple died trying to tackle the gunman. I am sorry he died, but I am glad that he tried to do something to save lives and stop the shooter. The news narrative seems to be changing to the gunman have relationship problems with his girlfirend instead of domestic terrorism. Although in the end 14 people are dead no matter what the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Police search Wisconsin home for motive in Sikh temple shooting

This murderer had a 9mm pistol, but lack of "assault" weapons bans cause such situations as this.
    TIME magazine has an article on gun control. Guess when the MOST mass shootings took place in the U.S.? Yes, you guessed it-DURING THE ASSAULT WEAPON BAN YEARS!!!

BTW, I know this wasn't ccw9mm's words, it's the words of someone else.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

VIP Member
    "But we know the more assault weapons we distribute the more situations like this we will have," he said. The US had a ban on certain assault weapons but it expired in 2004.
    The murderer used a handgun yet these blithering idiots claim the shooting was due to the expiration of the so-called assault weapons ban. The total illogic of some people escapes me.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sad.. he was a member of the US Army apparently. Discharged for "patterns of misconduct" in 1998. He was a white supremacist allegedly. Disgusting.

Sikh temple shooting suspect identified as former U.S. Army soldier Wade Michael Page | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

VIP Member
    Condolences to the injured and families involved.

People ask why I always have a gun on me. I point out things like this and tell them it's a crazy world full of crazy people.

Looks like the press has coined a new catch phrase. This was used in the AZ shooting, then again after the CO shooting, and now after WI shooting.

Wisconsin has some of the most permissive gun laws in the country and had passed a law in 2011 allowing citizens to carry a concealed weapon.

And just what does assault weapons or an assault weapons ban have to do with it? Only thing reported was he had a pistol, and they haven't even said what kind. Just a guess, but I'd say it wasn't even a Glock, or the press would have been on it in a heart beat. Maybe it was one of those evil assault 1911's!

"But we know the more assault weapons we distribute the more situations like this we will have," he said. The U.S. had a ban on certain assault weapons but it expired in 2004.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links