Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin - Page 5

Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin

This is a discussion on Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Now the media are calling the shooter a white supremacist and neo-nazi. Officials: Sikh temple shooter white supremacist OAK CREEK, Wis. (AP) — A 40-year-old ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Bad: Mass Shooting In Wisconsin

VIP Member
    Now the media are calling the shooter a white supremacist and neo-nazi.

Officials: Sikh temple shooter white supremacist

OAK CREEK, Wis. (AP) — A 40-year-old Army veteran, identified by a civil rights group as the one-time leader of a white supremacist band, was the gunman who killed six people inside a Sikh temple in Wisconsin, officials said Monday.

First Assistant U.S. Greg Haanstad in Milwaukee identified the shooter as Wade Michael Page. Page joined the Army in 1992 and was discharged in 1998, according to a defense official who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release information yet about the suspect.
    EarthLink - U.S. News
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Now the media are calling the shooter a white supremacist and neo-nazi.
    From the sound of it, it's not the media, it's the facts that are calling him a white supremacist and neo-Nazi.

We may never be sure of the shooter's motivation. As some people are fond of advising on this forum, dead man tells no tales.

Originally Posted by mlr1m
    Where did you find out this information about the killers motive? I haven't been ably to find out anything about him myself.

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Simple, happy don't go killing people off like this. This was an act of rage, not an act of war. This individual was waging battle for some sort of perceived injustices against them by one person, or persons, that wronged him.

I don't care what the specific reasons were. It's the same basic story with all the people that take these actions. They lost touch with reality at some point, and their motives will never make sense.

So many people focus on the why, they forget that the why of deluded individuals makes no difference. It has no bearing on how to handle a situation like this. None. Handling a situation like this means being prepared to respond appropriately by the people who are attacked. As the old saying goes, "When seconds count, police are minutes away."
    First I am not saying that your conclusion is incorrect. I am only trying to point out that if you offer it as a fact then you should have actual proof. Again, how do you know that it was not an act of a true psychopath? A person lacking any empathy, hate or other normal feelings?
    Passing off assumptions as facts is what gets us laws restricting semi-automatic rifles after a person kills someone with a handgun. We scream when the other side uses assumptions as facts when offering reasons to take our rights away. But, we are just as guilty when we do the same thing.

Not everyone who pulls the wings off flies hates flies.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    A CNN news reporter said in a recent article that it's not about guns, it's about the mental health of America. The sick anti's, however will have a field-day with these recent shootings to further their feel-good agenda. Sane people know that gun control isn't about guns, it's about control!

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    A CNN news reporter said in a recent article that it's not about guns, it's about the mental health of America. The sick anti's, however will have a field-day with these recent shootings to further their feel-good agenda. Sane people know that gun control isn't about guns, it's about control!
    That's fine. Keep letting them do things that make them feel good and watch them keep on scratching their heads because it doesn't work.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I was really surprised when the most liberal person (college liberal... the worst, along with college conservatives) I know brought up mental health instead of gun control after Aurora, I wanted to give him a high five.

Not surprised that this POS is a racist either... seems that random shootings in places of worship/gatherings where specific groups of people frequent would usually be done by somebody that's prejudiced

It's a crazy world we live in... always has been, always will be :/

The only good thing is the removal of hate monger Wade Michael Page from the gene pool. Unfortunately there are plenty others just like him out there spewing their hate filled message. At least this ones gone.

Sig 210 likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

GunGeezer, your post bothers me a bit. If you agree it's about the mental health of America, then why are you still focused on gun control? You're doing what most people do after such a terrible incident: focusing on guns, whether pro or anti. Shouldn't we be talking about ways of getting seriously mentally ill people the help they need so they don't end up killing/hurting people or themselves? These mass cases reach us. But think about less sensational cases where the patient kills a family member, assaults a stranger, or commits suicide. What can we do to help them?

Between the pro and the anti people, those who are truly in need are lost. One side wants a sense of security TSA-style, and the other side wants its toys. Neither cares about the real problem, which is the failing mental healthcare system in America. And guess what, we as a society will keep paying for it, because periodically one of them goes spectacularly crazy and shoots a whole bunch of people.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I agree, mental health is a serious issue. Many years ago, people deemed insane and dangerous to society and themselves were held in mental institutions. The very liberals who advocate gun control fought to release, or de-institutionalize these people because it was inhumane.

These people have been on their own without proper psychiatric and medical care ever since, and public safety has suffered. It has also been very inhumane to allow them to roam the streets, often ending up homeless or in jail, instead of providing for them. Some of the institutions were no doubt very bad, but the result of letting these people loose has been worse for them and everybody else.

Of course, I am not saying the above applies to this particular shooter, but it is a big factor in many crimes today.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

This member said there where 4 white males dressed in dark clothing. Wonder if this is true?

Sikh Temple Shooting 7 Dead 4 Gunman Eyewitness - YouTube
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Has there ever been a situation where an armed civilian took out a homicidal idiot? I can't think of even one.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    PilotOnline.com: national & world News for Hampton Roads, Va., from The Virginian-Pilot

I won't judge, but that's not in the active shooter handbook.

I've always heard that the Sikhs were of a warrior mentality. Interesting that no one defended themselves.
    Was it wrong of him to act selflessly? I would have done the same thing.

If you're unarmed and in a crowd of unarmed people, how do you defend yourself against a weapon that has already incapacitated you by the time you've heard the shot? Don't crowds tend to stampede during danger?

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    Has there ever been a situation where an armed civilian took out a homicidal idiot? I can't think of even one.
    The first one that comes to my mind is the church in Colorado Springs a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    Really?? Well you can't think of one because the only way that people hear about them is through the media. Do you really expect a nation wide story to come out of an incident where one armed citizen took out a psycho after only a shot or two. The problem is, we can never know how many people would have been taken out if the rampage was stopped way before it is worthy of world news. The only way to obtain world news worthiness, is if no one stopped them.
    tricolordad likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Because of this, I carried 2 yesterday and put another on the floor of my truck. Love my pocket pistol.

Sponsored Links