Bad: Yahoo Article Blames Semi-Autos - Page 2

Bad: Yahoo Article Blames Semi-Autos

This is a discussion on Bad: Yahoo Article Blames Semi-Autos within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 (Side note here for Thunder71 - that new avatar is just a little disturbing.) I agree. WTH is it from?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Bad: Yahoo Article Blames Semi-Autos

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    (Side note here for Thunder71 - that new avatar is just a little disturbing.)
    I agree. WTH is it from?
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I have to agree with then on one thing

thats why I like them too... along with 500 million or so others
    Yep. Exactly. The same thing that makes them good for us good guys also make them good for the bad guys. That's why the debate shouldn't be framed around the tool, it should be framed around the act.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

A bag of marshmallows can be lethal if enough of them get shoved up someone's nose. That's not to mention gasoline, a garden rake or electric current. Yes, sadly, guns make killing easier to accomplish. The problem is, they also make protecting the weak from the strong, the public from the thug, and the citizen from tyranny...easier to accomplish. To use this tragedy as a political agenda advantage is pure cowardice. It is sensationalism at its VERY worst. Let the article's writer be seriously pursued by a bat-swinging assailant and see how fast he (she?) jumps behind a well-armed sheepdog!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    A bag of marshmallows can be lethal if enough of them get shoved up someone's nose.
    Man that just painted a hell of a picture...

noah-picking-nose.jpg
    zonker1986 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Let me embolden the wrong info for you.

You mean, they didn't tote black powder muskets that take 5 minutes to reload one shot??? Genius.

The fact of the matter is, potentially they could have used a pump shotgun and done more damage. They could have used fertilizer explosives. They could have used gasoline and a match. They could have used 10 different 10 round magazines. How many seconds does it take to slap in a new mag? This logic is completely flawed to the bone - and if the anti's get their way, it is the rest of the law abiding citizens who will suffer in the self defense department.
    If this was directed at me, I was refering to the quote that was posted by the OP. Not every quote in the article.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    ...Not all criminals are 2 bit street thugs that are poor and buy the gun they can find on the street and then hold their gat sideways cause dey be all gangsta.
    Rollo, dude, now I have to clean Gatorade off my screen that I spewed...some of it through my nose.

As a country boy that has cut more wood over the last 40+ years than I care to recall, I would like to say that one tool I have that can do some impressive damage quick is my Stihl chainsaw. Can you imagine if a crazy person weilded one of those in a crowded theater? Not much anyone could do to stop them unless they had a gun or a thick piece of locust handy. The media is so quick to shine a negative light on guns and place all of the blame on the object. Realistically, a machete, chainsaw, 5 gallon gas can and a match, etc. would have done more harm in a short period of time but the media doesn't care about those inanimate objects. They are only focused on sensationalizing firearms because it is a polarizing political subject.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

this guy didn't have a high cap Glock, but managed to kill and injure a lot of folks. Funny I don't hear of anyone in China calling for a ban on knives.

..Chinese teen kills nine in knife attack:

AFP – Thu, Aug 2, 2012....
    ....A teenager has been arrested after killing nine people and wounding four others in a knife attack in northeast China, state media reported Thursday.

The 17-year-old, who was identified only by his surname Li, barged into the home of his girlfriend armed with a knife following an argument and killed two relatives of the girl, the Legal Daily said.

As he left his girlfriend's home in Liaoning province's Xinbin county, he stabbed six more people to death and wounded five, it said.

Chinese teen kills nine in knife attack: reports - Yahoo! News
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    (Side note here for Thunder71 - that new avatar is just a little disturbing.)
    I don't see the avatar as disturbing. I guess I have ask how is it disturbing?
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Hahaha, was wondering that too.

Posted using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Yep. Exactly. The same thing that makes them good for us good guys also make them good for the bad guys. That's why the debate shouldn't be framed around the tool, it should be framed around the act.
    QFT. (Quoted for Truth)

Of course, that's the big problem with media. If they focused on the acts, instead of the type of weapon millions and millions of law abiding citizens carry and don't massacre people with, well, it'd take all the wind out of their sails.

Simple statistics prove this and everything else the anti's spew to be incorrect. I don't know why I'm still surprised by the ignorance of the masses. Perhaps I'm still holding onto hope that people will wake the hell up and quit taking everything they hear at face value and start thinking, investigating and researching on their own. I know, I'm silly.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

A yahoo article, to be sure. Yes, murderers will leverage the available tools. Gun, knife, bat, lamp, scissors, rock, stick, or bare hands. Predators will still prey upon victims, no matter the tool. That they'll pick one is about all that can be said. It's the ultimate game of rock/paper/scissors. And so long as potential victims carry nothing, they'll continue to "win" that game.

Galvanizing the unthinking mob. That's the goal of such emotional claims (articles). Screw over one's own liberty and ability to withstand predation, all for a perceived temporary reprieve.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links