Original Post Deleted

This is a discussion on Original Post Deleted within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I couldn't figure out how to delete this any other way....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Original Post Deleted

Original Post Deleted

I couldn't figure out how to delete this any other way.
    Last edited by LaDanah26; August 8th, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

2. Remove Ads

I went to see "The Dark Knight Rises" on Sunday with Mrs. Ghost Tracker. I had a concealed, loaded GLOCK 19 with an extra magazine. I had a Surefire flashlight and a Spyderco Wave Endura clipped to my pocket. Mrs. GT had a Keltec .380 & spare mag concealed in her purse. We have no prior criminal record. We were not copycats. We were simply moviegoers who chose to be prepared in the event of a copycat...showing-up. The best weapon you can have is your brain. Don't ever leave it at home!

Whoops! If "six to eight pistols, rifles and shotguns" now constitute an arsenal, I am in BIG trouble. God Bless us all.
    goldshellback and Regoria75 like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Just saw the local news report that Smith claimed he had the gun and knives for his own protection. He is being held on gun charges and police found "several handguns and rifles with hundreds of rounds of ammunition" in his home. That could describe any number of enthusiasts, but those facts were used to insinuate his guilt.
    He is a married father of one girl and personally it seems strange that he went to the 10pm show by himself on a Sat. night, armed,sitting alone in the middle of the last row.
    However, after recent events, that might be where I would choose to sit as well and would not want to be judged guilty on those facts alone.

I just found a new target to shoot at... a face like that works
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Ridiculous. So anyone these days that carries into a theater is a "copy cat". How about hes a law abiding citizen trying to protect himself from harm.

Good for them, catching this guy. I could care less about him being a daddy, a hubby, or what ever else. A BG is a BG no matter what his life looks like....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by LaDanah26 View Post
    ...had a beige satchel that raised suspicion when he entered the theater. After Smith took a seat, an off-duty Westlake police officer who was providing security to the movie theater asked to search the bag.

Arcuri added that being in the back row prevented anybody from being able to come up from behind Smith, giving him a "tactical advantage".
    I don't know enough to guess how this will all wash out, but it sounds like a good holster would have either; saved this guy a LOT of headache OR been a tragedy for a LOT of people.

Am I the only one who's having trouble with the conclusions being jumped to here? By the way, my wife & I sat in a "strategically tactical location" immediately nearest the outside exit.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

if he was carrying legally why was he arrested? and why the satchel with extra knives and multiple magazines? yeah, we all carry varying degrees of gear, but i think it adds up in this case.

do any of you walk around with a bag full of gear?
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
    Ridiculous. So anyone these days that carries into a theater is a "copy cat". How about hes a law abiding citizen trying to protect himself from harm.
    According to Handgunlaw.us if the place was posted off limits to weapons he was not a law abiding citizen. Handgunlaw.us reports gun buster signs as having the force of law in Ohio.

Michael

In a statement emailed to the Daily News, Regal spokesman Russ Nunley said the cinema chain takes "safety and security very seriously." He added that Regal prohibits all patrons from carrying firearms or concealed weapons into theaters and that the theater reserves the right to search anyone's backpack, package or bag.
    yea.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    if he was carrying legally why was he arrested? and why the satchel with extra knives and multiple magazines? yeah, we all carry varying degrees of gear, but i think it adds up in this case.

do any of you walk around with a bag full of gear?
    I'm not trying to be a contrarian about this. I certainly hope the arrest saved a LOT of lives. I'm just pointing out that if everything my wife & I legally carried concealed in the theatre last Sunday were to be discovered by an LEO's search, all together, in a bag, almost the same article (except the mystery medication) might have been written about...us.

I was thinking some of the same things you all are saying... Unfortunately for this guy, even if he WAS trying to protect himself, he still disobeyed the gun buster sign. Here in Ohio, that sign carries the weight of law (although my husband will argue that point with me til he's blue in the face and tell me it's a civil matter only). With all the gear the guy was carrying with him, I have my doubts about it all being for self defense. It will be VERY interesting to see how this all pans out...

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I'm not trying to be a contrarian about this. I certainly hope the arrest saved a LOT of lives. I'm just pointing out that if everything my wife & I legally carried concealed in the theatre last Sunday were to be discovered by an LEO's search, all together, in a bag, almost the same article (except the mystery medication) might have been written about...us.
    And except for the part about him being in violation of the law. He was not carrying legally is handgunlaw.us is correct while you were legally carrying in your case. Though you are probably correct that the media would have left that part out.

Michael

One more reason to always be diligent wherever you are.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

It is my understanding that he does not possess a concealed license.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links