Bad: 12, 10 and 7 YO kids in home invasion... - Page 3

Bad: 12, 10 and 7 YO kids in home invasion...

This is a discussion on Bad: 12, 10 and 7 YO kids in home invasion... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'd rather not have to live with the memory of killing kids, and I'm betting they would run like hell at the sight of my ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Bad: 12, 10 and 7 YO kids in home invasion...

I'd rather not have to live with the memory of killing kids, and I'm betting they would run like hell at the sight of my 1911. But if they didn't ... I'd have a lot of re-painting to do around the house.
    Bark'n likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Update:

The 10 year old kid apologized... Big deal.

Story here
    At least they did appologize, even though that was kind of lame. How many times have we heard from our kids they are "sorry" for doing something vastly stupid and wrong like this.

Lets hope they learn from it and never do this again, only I'm betting they will think they have gotten away with this and there will be a next time. People are feeling so entitled to do whatever they want, and feel justified as well. That is a scary thing.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I notice all the manly men here saying "don't shoot, just over power them and beat the stuffing out of them".

Nice for YOU, but for many women (and I am sure a few men) would be at the mercy of young thugs who have no idea (or care) what pain and injury they do.

My choice. I would shoot the biggest one is possible....but some one is going to get shot. I would not allow my own grandsons to do this to me. My life is worth as much as anyone else...no matter what age or gender or relation to me. I refuse to be a victim for ANYONE.
    wraithls1, whoppo and JoJoGunn like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

A lot of my reaction would depend on the size of the perps and the type of weapons they had.
    Rocks, sticks and rope is not really a clear description. The reporter's idea of a rock and stick could be anything from a pebble and a switch to a cinder block and a 2X4.
    As to their young ages making them more or less harmful or innocent. I myself, at 12, was close to 6ft tall and 140 lbs at that time. I would have been a serious threat to a lot of grown men with a 2X4, never mind a 50 year old woman.
    Thankfully, I was raised better than that.
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."

- Dave Gell

Quote Originally Posted by FreeFalling View Post
    I'd rather not have to live with the memory of killing kids, and I'm betting they would run like hell at the sight of my 1911. But if they didn't ... I'd have a lot of re-painting to do around the house.
    Pretty much my sentiments exactly.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

The boy made his apology Tuesday during a Family Court hearing.
    Call me cynical but I seldom ever believe that an apology is sincere if the person giving it feels that they might receive something in return for giving it. Such as a lighter punishment.

Michael
    pittypat21 likes this.

Some parents do not raise they children to be part of society. They try to raise best gang banger. Hope they get life without parole or just wait for natural selection to do its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Call me cynical but I seldom ever believe that an apology is sincere if the person giving it feels that they might receive something in return for giving it. Such as a lighter punishment.

Michael
    Oh I don't know.... he probably practiced that apology for hours... might have even figured out out to get a little "hitch" in his voice... maybe roll a tear or two... not an Oscar Performance certainly.... but maybe a daytime Emmy...
    mlr1m likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Sic the "Hair Missile" on them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links