Bad: MWAG call at Dark Knight Rises...

This is a discussion on Bad: MWAG call at Dark Knight Rises... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A CT permit is a "Permit To Carry Pistols or Revolvers". The means isn't specified, so open carry and concealed carry are OK. Although open ...

Thread: Bad: MWAG call at Dark Knight Rises...

A CT permit is a "Permit To Carry Pistols or Revolvers". The means isn't specified, so open carry and concealed carry are OK. Although open carrying seems to have had a few breach of peace calls in the last few years from concerned citizens. Personally, I hope he sues the city and wins.

Man With Gun In New Haven Theater...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Edit: Never mind, link was posted on one of the other stories, but there was no thread specifically about it.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

really?! a lawyer, president elect of the county board?!

bad move.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Well the tax payers in New Haven will be paying for this one for a while if he does sue. I dont see any reason he should not win. Other than him not responding to police officers, I do not see any issue here. It states in the article that he did not do anything threatening or resisted. There was no sign or anything in the theater either saying a firearm is not permitted.

sgb
    Typical (and increasingly common) LE over reaction
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Although open carrying seems to have had a few breach of peace calls in the last few years from concerned citizens. Personally, I hope he sues the city and wins.
    If carry is legal, and if he wasn't acting in an overtly threatening or menacing manner, then the "breach of peace" is a load of garbage merely because fearful people called out the hounds.

This whole hyper-aware and -fearful mode everyone is in should be warning enough to maintain a lower, discreet profile while out in public, based on what can happen in such a caustic environment. Trouble is, meekly flying under the radar and accepting the buffeting winds is mostly what got us in this damnable situation in the first place (of having such laws allowed onto the books).

We're in for a rough ride, here.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The Mayor said, "Just because something is legal don't mean you should do it." WHAT???? Good God. This man will get a big pay day I'm sure.

Like ccw9mm said, better get ready folks for more 'man with a gun' calls if your weapon is in the open...
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Sponsored Links