GOOD times 3 - BG's crash into GS, all 3 shot..one dead

This is a discussion on GOOD times 3 - BG's crash into GS, all 3 shot..one dead within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Glhadiator But you know the anti-gun people will say, "If there weren't any gun stores for them to rob this never would ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: GOOD times 3 - BG's crash into GS, all 3 shot..one dead

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glhadiator View Post
    But you know the anti-gun people will say, "If there weren't any gun stores for them to rob this never would have happened in the first place. We need to get rid of gun stores." Yeah...and then it's all Kumbah yah. Too bad the store owner wasn't able to make all three robbers into fertilizer.
    I agree with the above statement.
    A dead thug is a good thug.
    I think part of the problems with some of these thugs is they get XXXXX when you fight back and kill them. More and more people are refusing to become victims and defending themselves. Now of course there are times when you can't, being ambushed, or some XXXXXX just pulls a gun on you you before you can do anything that kind of crap happens but for me if I can stop a threat with causing injury to me or those aroud me.........................I'm going to.
    And just as an LOL Sometimes I wish the site was PG 13 rated just to say postive things in a "robust" manner.
    Good job by an armed citizen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredonce View Post
    There's been a rash of similar robberies in nearby counties and there's some speculation that these three jokers might be tied to the previous incidents as well. Methinks that this will give any like-minded hoodlums reason to consider that there are pitfalls to this idea too. Then again, probably not...
    It appears that Retiredonce's intuition is correct; that this was not their first dance:

Police look into crimes like the Aiken County gun shop break-in | The Augusta Chronicle

At least it was the last dance for one of them.

And God Bless our local LEOs and SC's Castle Doctrine:

"Charges will not be filed against the store owner, the sheriff’s office said."

{edit}Soap Box: In reference to 'Police State' comments in other threads, our community is Blessed by our local law enforcement. Our LEO's are our neighbors, they sit next to us in church, they are my neighbor's kid, we bump into them in the grocery check-out line. There is no line of distinction between ordinary citizens and our law enforcement, other than that they take dirtbags off the street for a living, and genuinely try to help the ones that can be helped. I cannot fathom an "us vs. them" mentality in North Augusta/Aiken.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    And just as an LOL Sometimes I wish the site was PG 13 rated just to say postive things in a "robust" manner.
    Good job by an armed citizen
    When you assume ownership of the Forum then you may run it any way you like.

Meanwhile:

4. As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders. Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked. NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well.

Positive things may be said in a "robust" manner without resorting to bad manners and bad language if one is clever.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Okay ...you're robbing a GUN STORE?!... Good thing the owner lived right there. Glad he was ready to go, and nailed the BG's.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post

{edit}Soap Box: In reference to 'Police State' comments in other threads, our community is Blessed by our local law enforcement. Our LEO's are our neighbors, they sit next to us in church, they are my neighbor's kid, we bump into them in the grocery check-out line. There is no line of distinction between ordinary citizens and our law enforcement, other than that they take dirtbags off the street for a living, and genuinely try to help the ones that can be helped. I cannot fathom an "us vs. them" mentality in North Augusta/Aiken.
    Amen, neighbor.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Glad they didn't get away with it. I'd buy the guy a steak and a few beers.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    I agree with the above statement.
    A dead thug is a good thug.
    I think part of the problems with some of these thugs is they get XXXXX when you fight back and kill them. More and more people are refusing to become victims and defending themselves. Now of course there are times when you can't, being ambushed, or some XXXXXX just pulls a gun on you you before you can do anything that kind of crap happens but for me if I can stop a threat with causing injury to me or those around me.........................I'm going to.
    And just as an LOL Sometimes I wish the site was PG 13 rated just to say positive things in a "robust" manner.
    Good job by an armed citizen.
    You can be quite positive and quite robust without resorting to profanity or vulgarity. All it takes is a bit of imagination.

VIP Member
    Update:

Bail denied (not only do we have great LEO's, but smart Judges too). I hear that the other career-criminal not pictured in this article actually had part of his brain shot away. Unfortunately, that was an organ that he wasn't using to begin with, so he's fine.

Judge: Man accused in gun store robbery 'as dangerous as you get' | Aiken Standard
    deadguy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Judge Doyett has always been entertaining and a fair judge IMO. This was the right call if there ever was one.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Judge Doyett has always been entertaining and a fair judge IMO. This was the right call if there ever was one.
    Yes, but either the DA is hamstrung by the statutes or the DA's got his/her head stuck. Why in the world the surviving two didn't get slapped with a Felony Murder charge is beyond me.

They're toying around with only "first-degree burglary, grand larceny and weapons" charges. Doesn't seem right, not by a country mile.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; September 14th, 2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling ... again
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yes, but either the DA is hamstrung by the statutes or the DA's got his/her head stuck. Why in the world the surviving two didn't get slapped with a Felony Murder charge is beyond me.

They're toying around with only "first-degree burglary, grand larceny and weapons charges. Doesn't seem right, not by a country mile.
    You're right. I don't know enough state law to tell if felony murder could be applied?

Theyre going away for a loooong time regardless, but without the "cool, hardened, attempted murder charge". Instead they go in as thieves, hopefully to get punked while in the clink.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links