Bad: Woman opens fire at Gig Harbor market; two men hit

This is a discussion on Bad: Woman opens fire at Gig Harbor market; two men hit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sorry, didnt mean have the word "Good" in the Heading, But it looks like I cant change the title? Anyways I'm glad to hear both ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bad: Woman opens fire at Gig Harbor market; two men hit

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar

Sorry, didnt mean have the word "Good" in the Heading, But it looks like I cant change the title?

Anyways I'm glad to hear both men are expected to be ok, and congrats to the people that stopped her.

Woman opens fire at Gig Harbor market; two men hit | NWCN.com Washington - Oregon - Idaho

Two people were hurt in a shooting at a Gig Harbor market on Saturday.

The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department says a woman walked into the store at Lake Kathryn Village shopping center and shot two people.

Before police flooded the store parking lot, Peggy Ensor was sitting outside the local food mart selling raffle tickets.

"I asked her if she wanted to buy a ticket, she was very calm and she said no not today and she went into the store," said Ensor.

She says moments later, that woman's demeanor completely changed.

"She was in there screaming and hollering ... I couldn't hear what she was saying ... but the next thing I knew she threw her arms up, and pop, pop, pop and the next thing I know there was two men down," said Ensor.

The woman fired number of shots, two striking two people. A 76-year-old man was shot in the leg, and a man in his 30s was shot in the abdomen.

“Two of the citizens here courageously, in my opinion, stepped forward and threw this young woman to the ground and literally sat on her to control her,” said Sheriff Paul Pastor.

The two victims are expected to survive.

“We believe at this time this was a random shooting situation,” said Pastor.

A witness said the woman was targeting men because of something that had happened to her in the past.

Police say the suspect has no criminal history but they believe there is a mental health history

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Sorry, didnt mean have the word "Good" in the Heading, But it looks like I cant change the title?

Anyways I'm glad to hear both men are expected to be ok, and congrats to the people that stopped her.

Woman opens fire at Gig Harbor market; two men hit | NWCN.com Washington - Oregon - Idaho

Two people were hurt in a shooting at a Gig Harbor market on Saturday.

The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department says a woman walked into the store at Lake Kathryn Village shopping center and shot two people.

Before police flooded the store parking lot, Peggy Ensor was sitting outside the local food mart selling raffle tickets.

"I asked her if she wanted to buy a ticket, she was very calm and she said no not today and she went into the store," said Ensor.

"She was in there screaming and hollering ... I couldn't hear what she was saying ... but the next thing I knew she threw her arms up, and pop, pop, pop and the next thing I know there was two men down," said Ensor.

The woman fired number of shots, two striking two people. A 76-year-old man was shot in the leg, and a man in his 30s was shot in the abdomen.

“Two of the citizens here courageously, in my opinion, stepped forward and threw this young woman to the ground and literally sat on her to control her,” said Sheriff Paul Pastor.

The two victims are expected to survive.

“We believe at this time this was a random shooting situation,” said Pastor.

A witness said the woman was targeting men because of something that had happened to her in the past.

Police say the suspect has no criminal history but they believe there is a mental health history
    Gee, ya think?
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

A dangerous move if you are unarmed, but again "average" citizens stop further violence.

Sent via Mental Power

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Sorry, didnt mean have the word "Good" in the Heading, But it looks like I cant change the title?......
    Edit your message (bottom right corner of your post). You'll be able to change your title in the edit page.
    sid1 likes this.

Fixed it for you.
    sid1 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    crazy things happen everyday and at every location, be prepared, carry always
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    This could have been another real bad shooting that was thwarted.

so woud we say WWAG(woman with a gun) or MHWAG (man hater with a gun) ???
    sid1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    The kennel where my dog stays when we travel is right accross the street from this place. Gig Harbor would be one of those places poeple will always seem suprised that "it happened HERE!?!?". Fortunately noone was killed, and hopefully this will wake up a few of the liberals around here.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    ... hopefully this will wake up a few of the liberals around here.
    Hopefully!

VIP Member
    DUH!!! You think??!!

Or maybe it was one of those vicious assault Glocks that just went on a rampage.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    hopefully this will wake up a few of the liberals around here.
    They will probably demand the passage of laws that will prevent this sort of violence from occurring.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    So, I don't know how much this will matter, but the shooter was only 20. She shouldn't have been able to get a handgun, right? Lets hope she didn't get it at a gun show, or there will be more calls to "close the loophole". I get really sick of people talking about that.
    Walk softly ...

Peggy Ensor was sitting outside the local food mart selling raffle tickets.

Glad I'm not the only one who gets upset by having to dodge panhandlers or folks trying to take my money when I try to enter a store.
    Just kidding, sorta.

Michael

Another mental health patient goes on a rampage
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links