BAD: Texas A&M says: Active shooter on campus apprehended

This is a discussion on BAD: Texas A&M says: Active shooter on campus apprehended within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; HLN is reporting 3 dead including the police officer, and that the shooter was using automatic weapons.... Prayers go out to all victims involved. I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: BAD: Texas A&M says: Active shooter on campus apprehended

HLN is reporting 3 dead including the police officer, and that the shooter was using automatic weapons....

Prayers go out to all victims involved.

I fear that if the current administration is voted back into office, we are going to see some heavy gun control come our way.....

2. Remove Ads

Leaving out the term "semi" will make their story more attractive and will help to advance their agenda. It could have been a 10/22 but OMG it has a detachable high capacity clip so it must be a military style assault machine ak glock rifle.
    Poseidon, tricolordad and 64zebra like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Not a school shooting, not a mass shooting, and not an active shooter; really nothing to see.
    Last edited by nedrgr21; August 13th, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Is their point to say that it wasn't actually at, but near a place where people can't be armed? Hmm Or can they be? I'm not sure.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

It was NOT on campus. The shooter was killed along with a constable and a civilian. He was being served an eviction notice.

Constable, civilian, suspect killed in shooting near A&M campus | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Quote Originally Posted by foamx View Post
    When it rains it pours. :-(

This rash of shootings does no good for our cause.
    It apparently occurred inside an off-campus home, having nothing to do with the university at all, really. The home was nearby, not on-campus. Kudos to nearby organizations (T A&M, for example) notifying its people about the potential risk of spillover.

Thinking of this as an "campus/school" killing is like saying a stabbing down the road from a nunnery is a "church killing."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It apparently occurred inside an off-campus home, having nothing to do with the university at all, really. The home was nearby, not on-campus. Kudos to nearby organizations (T A&M, for example) notifying its people about the potential risk of spillover.

Thinking of this as an "campus/school" killing is like saying a stabbing down the road from a nunnery is a "church killing."
    Of course if they don't make it sound like a school shooting it is a local story only.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbullgator View Post
    Of course if they don't make it sound like a school shooting it is a local story only.
    Yup. I'm sure that house was near the McDonald's and corner gas station, too. Yet it's more poignant as a tool for agendas if characterized as a high-risk situation, instead of just another criminal lashing out. I wonder if the local gas station and eateries "locked down" for the duration as well ...
    64zebra likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I will bet money if Papers could be sued for shoddy deceitful journalism all this sensationalistic BS reporting would stop,but that is what sales papers and gets people to turn to their news station.
    In Tx Campus carry is illegal,but since it wasn't on campus then it wasn't a gun free zone.
    As far as the "Active Shooter" tag,it seems anymore that thing gets thrown around like bras at a rock concert.Unless this guy was out randomly targeting and shooting people it sounds more like disgruntled tenant being forced from home shoots LEO serving eviction notice,the "Civilian" may have been the landlord
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by W9HDG View Post
    My thoughts and prayers are with everyone at Texas A&M today.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    In Tx Campus carry is illegal,but since it wasn't on campus then it wasn't a gun free zone.
    That statement is not completely true. In Texas is illegal to carry on the campus PREMISES only. "Premises” means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area. So you are OK to carry on campus with a CHL as long as you don't go inside a building.
    64zebra and baren like this.

This happens in Minneapolis pretty much every week...not seeing the grand scale tragedy here. Pretty shifty on the part of the journalist.

Prayers to the families of everyone involved. Don't forget that the shooter's family will suffer as well.

VIP Member
    Prayers for the Constable and his family. RIP brother
    Prayers for the man and his family killed with the Constable.
    Prayers for speedy recovery for the officers that responded to assist, were shot, and are still in the hospital.
    I'll be looking for further details on how this all happened.

and I'm glad the dirtbag is taking a dirtnap

I agree about the media sensationalism crap. Its not out of compassion or just reporting the news, its about putting sensational stories out to assist in influencing people's opinions on guns. I believe the overboard amount of reporting on the recent shootings is not coincidental to certain elections in the near future.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Can the OP or a mod please change the misleading (i.e. false) thread title? It seems to work to promote the antis' misleading narrative.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

This event could also be labeled UT shooting or Notre Dame shooting possibly Dartmouth shooting. It was near those as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links