BAD: Texas A&M says: Active shooter on campus apprehended

This is a discussion on BAD: Texas A&M says: Active shooter on campus apprehended within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by foamx This rash of shootings does no good for our cause. And yet, the violent murderer was fairly quickly stopped via GG's ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: BAD: Texas A&M says: Active shooter on campus apprehended

Quote Originally Posted by foamx View Post
    This rash of shootings does no good for our cause.
    And yet, the violent murderer was fairly quickly stopped via GG's wielding firearms. It's also another clear example of how in many (most?) cases it's about the only thing that can effectively and quickly stop such people. Which is the whole point about being armed, in the event such people crawl out of whatever hole they're in.

Of course, anti-gunners will only "hear" the howling headlines and see that guns were involved.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Hmmmmmm was the shooting closer to Harvard or Yale??? just asking............
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I live in College Station and am an Aggie.

The shooting occurred in a neighborhood about a block off campus grounds, but about a mile away from any main campus buildings.

I drove by the scene around 2:00. It was still very tightly locked down. The police had closed off all streets within 3 blocks of Fidelity. It appeared that the majority of CSPD was at the scene.

My heart goes out the the families of the constable, the civilian, and the shooter. The loss of life is always tragic, even when it is the BG's.

While I do not remember for sure, there is a good chance that I had personally met the Constable who lost his life today. I try and make a point to introduce myself to every LEO I encounter and personally thank them for their service. The police in College Station are some of the finest there are and I am grateful to have them helping to protect the city I live in.

Prayers for the victims and their families!

I stopped reading the newspapers when our local rag crucified one of my co-workers by putting the Trooper's name and address on the front page for shooting and killing a juvinile, of course the juvinile (17 years, 11 months and 22 days) was trying to run the Trooper over in a stolen vehicle at the time he was shot. The Trooper involved couldn't have known how old he was, what sex he was, what color he was, all he saw was a stolen vehicle trying to run him down. The paper paid to move the Trooper and his family to a new residence at their own expense due to the backlash caused by their reporting of the original incident, once the facts of the incident were made known, and they were advised of the pending lawsuit.

I feel that most newspapers are only in the business for the money, and they generate income by blowing most stories completely out of proportion, at least with the headlines.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Just my opinion, but here's the problem...

Thomas Caffall, Texas A&M Shooting Suspect, Had Mental 'Difficulties,' Mom Says

Once again, you have an individual with known mental issues (at least known by some people) who has bought guns. I don't have a ready answer for that problem, but it's a problem.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

And the inevitable politically-motivated dig: "It appears that the shooter [was] shooting from a house with semi-automatic weapons," KBTX-TV said.

Well, he'd have to be crazy to attempt such stunts with single-shot rifles, or throwing knives.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

My first reaction is that it's another example of of a 'resistance free' zone created by laws that restrict law abiding citizens from defending themselves. Clearly the BGs don't pay attention to campus gun restrictions. When are people going to figure this out?
    Oh, they will figure it out about the same time gun folks figure out that many mass shootings occur in places where people have problems (most commonly) or places where people find the people with whom they have problems. We have plenty of shootings in places that are not gun-free.

Bet it was gun free zone.
    People's homes usually aren't gun free zones except by their choice.

And the inevitable politically-motivated dig: "It appears that the shooter [was] shooting from a house with semi-automatic weapons," KBTX-TV said.

Well, he'd have to be crazy to attempt such stunts with single-shot rifles, or throwing knives.
    Why is this a politically motivated dig for reporting accurately? We have folks here and in the thread who want to know what guns were used, so what is wrong with reporting accurately? It is a lot more accurate than the thread's title, but nobody is considering that a politically motivated dig.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post

Well, he'd have to be STUPID to attempt such stunts with single-shot rifles, or throwing knives.
    Here, I fixed it for you.
    He apparently was crazy!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Just my opinion, but here's the problem...

Thomas Caffall, Texas A&M Shooting Suspect, Had Mental 'Difficulties,' Mom Says

Once again, you have an individual with known mental issues (at least known by some people) who has bought guns. I don't have a ready answer for that problem, but it's a problem.
    Texas A&M shooting suspect? Was there a shooting at Texas A&M? The media has made it so. I have seen numerous headlines about the " Texas A&M" shooting today. From this day forward it will forever be know as the Texas A&M shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbullgator View Post
    Texas A&M shooting suspect? Was there a shooting at Texas A&M? The media has made it so. From this day forward it will forever be know as the Texas A&M shooting.
    Yup. Just a run-of-the-mill psycho deciding to refuse his eviction, in a town that happened to have a college in it.

Hell, any major metro has a half dozen such lunacies happen every other week. Can't say as I recall the last dozen such examples in Chicago being known as the Northwestern murders, simply due to the college being over yonder.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yup. Just a run-of-the-mill psycho deciding to refuse his eviction, in a town that happened to have a college in it.

Hell, any major metro has a half dozen such lunacies happen every other week. Can't say as I recall the last dozen such examples in Chicago being known as the Northwestern murders, simply due to the college being over yonder.
    Chicago had six shootings on Saturday, but because they have harsh gun control laws the national media does not make anything of it. To do so would promote the fact that gun control doesn't work. It is hard to call for more gun control in a place that already has about as tought gun control as you can find. Now Texas on he other hand is the wild west and very gun friendly so national stories about a shooting on a college campus that didn't really happen show how horrible guns are and that there is a need for more gun control.
    john.shewchuk likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links