Questionable: Suspect Says He Shot in Self-Defense

This is a discussion on Questionable: Suspect Says He Shot in Self-Defense within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by barstoolguru Being a "biker" for many years I understand the life style and most bikers carry a knife. being out late (11:30pm) ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Questionable: Suspect Says He Shot in Self-Defense

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Being a "biker" for many years I understand the life style and most bikers carry a knife. being out late (11:30pm) we can almost assume that the biker had been drinking (time in the seat tells me most do ) and the other man being "25" and full of testosterone and with a gun probably was aggressive back and heated up the situation to the point of an attack by the biker. so now did the biker pull a knife in response to the shooter being aggressive? Chances are pretty good and the shooter countermeasure by pulling a gun and shooting "in fear for his life".
    This is where I have a problem with the law, ...
    And this is what scares the heck out of me wrt the jury system. Even when given a written article, people can't get the facts (as presented) straight and make up their minds b/c of baseless assumptions. Just b/c he was riding a motorcycle doesn't mean he's a "biker" in the Hell's Angels sense. I rode a motorcycle for many years and no one I rode with was that type of biker or would touch alcohol when riding. If you bothered to look at the picture, he looks too clean cut to be that "type of biker". You're also making assumptions about people based on sex, age and whether or not they carry a gun.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    And this is what scares the heck out of me wrt the jury system. Even when given a written article, people can't get the facts (as presented) straight and make up their minds b/c of baseless assumptions. Just b/c he was riding a motorcycle doesn't mean he's a "biker" in the Hell's Angels sense. I rode a motorcycle for many years and no one I rode with was that type of biker or would touch alcohol when riding. If you bothered to look at the picture, he looks too clean cut to be that "type of biker". You're also making assumptions about people based on sex, age and whether or not they carry a gun.
    I just got off the phone with my lawyer and he said morally I might maybe wrong but legally I am fine. And there is a difference between a "biker" and a motorcycle enthusiast and trust me the guys I ride with are bikers. I have rode with the Christian M/C assoc too but they are bikers too and many have been to the bottom and gave up the hard life but still Ride

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Too little Info,such as who started the altercation and over what,If I'm carrying I'm gonna try to deescalate,but to be honest sometimes there are individuals with anger issues that seem to get more heated over nothing
    Too true.

I ride my motorcycle almost everywhere I go, as long as it's not raining or snowing. It's a choice. And I carry too. Been run off the road too many time to not think about my own protection. So, I've been in some situations where some hot head thinks he owns the road and us GD Bikers are nothing but scum. Even though I ride Dual Sport Motorcycles. Not Outlaw Choppers Wanna be bikes. And I do not have any tattoos just so you know! And I wait my turn on the road and bserve all traffic laws too!

So, this story sounds like the Driver got into it with the motorcyclist. (We don't know if the rider was a "BIKER," all we know is he and two buddies were riding motorcycles.) Reporters have as much common sense about motorcyclist as the do guns. I'm surprised they didn't say he killed him with an assault weapon. So, I don't put much precedence for actual facts by this reporter. Especially since we all had to go back and read the story at least three time to make sense of the details he presented and time line. Professional Journalism is in sad shape these days.

I read the motorcyclist were already at the station and the car driver and his girlfriend arrived later. She's too upset to talk to Police about her version. The poor dear!!!!!!! Probably had to go think about it, if you ask me because she and the boyfriend may have been arguing and his hot temper got the best of him. Maybe he was worked up and already in a shouting match or hitting his girlfriend. He could have easily gotten into a shouting match with the riders too and pulled a knife on them because he wanted to show them how tough he was and how he was willing to take on the whole gang. After all there were three of them, and he got shot for it. Maybe he was intimidate by being out numbered or maybe he wanted to intimidate the three guys riding motorcycle. Late at night when it cool is a nice time for a leisurely ride with your buddies. Done it many times. And never went looking for trouble wither.

In this case I could easily say it was self defense. Since there is no mention that the argument was between him and all three riders. Just with the one Rider. And let's not forget the motorcyclist stayed and waited for the Police to show up so they had a reason for thinking they were in a self defense shooting. And there was a knife. A deadly weapon that belonged to some one. If it belonged to one of the Riders I hardly think they would have waited around and left it there for the Cops to find! One of them would have picked it up and ridden off wit the evidence.

A lot of holes in this story! And a lot of speculation. So let's wait and see what the Cops find out and hope they aren't blind and stupid. Been up against some real winner Cops before too! So just because they wear a badge doesn't mean I trust them! Or reporter either. Especially when they can't write any better than this one did.

Just my 2 cents!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

UPDATE

The shooter was cleared of all charges. Seems as if he did shoot in self-defense. The Motorcycle guy apparently had and threatend the shooter with a knife.

Murder charge dismissed in weekend killing - The Herald Dispatch
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    I know quite a few of those "type of bikers" and some of them look like your 8th grade science teacher. As with any other organization, different people are needed for different things and appearance sure can play a large role..

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    UPDATE

The shooter was cleared of all charges.
    Yes and no.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    ... was cleared of all wrongdoing as the judge determined prosecutors lacked evidence to prove elements of first-degree murder, which include premeditation and intent.

Wednesday’s dismissal does not prevent prosecutors from presenting the case for possible indictment at a future grand jury.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links