Bad: two home invaders steal food...

This is a discussion on Bad: two home invaders steal food... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...and injure one of the family dogs. The other family dog, a rottweiler, chased the intruders out, the way they came in... Through the doggy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bad: two home invaders steal food...

Bad: two home invaders steal food...

...and injure one of the family dogs. The other family dog, a rottweiler, chased the intruders out, the way they came in... Through the doggy door.

Homeowner boarded up the doggy door, says he's afraid to go out into his back yard... The home invaders were the neighbor's pit bulls.

Shoot, or don't shoot?

Story here: http://houston.culturemap.com/newsde...ough-pet-door/
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

If I was there when it happened? I'd shoot them in a heartbeat.
    jumpwing and mano3 like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

You bet your ass I would. Why wouldn't you. I'd shoot a cat if attacked. Am I missing something. It's not abuse when they start it.

Bad: two home invaders ... Shoot, or don't shoot?
    Inside my home and not immediately going face-down on the floor in utter compliance? Very likely.

Two dogs merely going after the food, wigging out the Rott but not threatening anyone? Not likely at all.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    My neighbor would be missing two dogs.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Shoot, or don't shoot?
    Gunfire would damage my new tile floors. This is where that bayonet would come in handy.

Michael

They (any dog) get a pack mentality and go into frenzy when feeding. They did nothing wrong. the home owner need to pay for damages and reinforce the fence

The dog did do something wrong. It injuries another animal. I love animals as much as the next guy. Cross me like and it's it. If didn't shoot it I make sure it was destroyed.

It's the neighbors responsibility to feed and secure his dogs,they come on my property or even worse into my house and threaten me or my dog and I will make sure if they survive they are too traumatized to even think about defecating in my yard
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

taser. and a lawyer for the jackbag neighbor.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    They (any dog) get a pack mentality and go into frenzy when feeding. They did nothing wrong. the home owner need to pay for damages and reinforce the fence
    It's a tragedy when a dog pays for the stupidity/carelessness of its owner. But the dog still pays, and all fault belongs to the owner.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Absolutely, no questions asked. As long as it was safe to do so (being home alone, or knowing if my wife was out of the way of possible ricochets off the slab). Id sent the sorry sob a bill for cleanup and repair too.

If it was a lab, husky or even a German Shepherd, no. But....a pitbull? Without a doubt that little freak of nature would not leave my house alive. Breeding animals for aggressiveness is just plain stupid. It's posted at my driveway that all pitbulls who enter my yard will be shot without exception. Cost me a dollar to print and laminate.

I think you're looking at pitbulls a lil too negatively. They're not all bred to be aggressive, they're good, loyal, dogs, but everybody that wants to be gangsta needs dem sum pits

Meanwhile, neighbor Jason Colvin — the pit bulls' owner — insists his pets are misunderstood.

"They're not vicious at all," he said, introducing his pit bull named Tank. "They're raised around 5-year-olds and above . . . These are people dogs. They’re friendly.

"They’re going to go in your house. They’re not there to eat anybody."
    So long as the owner has this attitude the dogs will pay the price. Instead of taking responsibility he only says that its not his dogs fault. That they are misunderstood. Where does he accept his part of the responsibility?

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links