National Weather Service looking to purchase mass amounts of ammo

This is a discussion on National Weather Service looking to purchase mass amounts of ammo within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Social Security Administration getting in on the action also. http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...g-now-too.html...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: National Weather Service looking to purchase mass amounts of ammo

  1. #31
    Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    515
    Social Security Administration getting in on the action also.

    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...g-now-too.html

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    VIP Member
    Array OPFOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    4,713
    If Alex whoevertheheckthatis Jones doesn't shut the heck up about "hollow point" bullets... How is it news to anyone that law enforcement agencies are buying the most common type of bullet that law enforcement agencies use? Seriously. If I see one more of these "Oh, Noz! Cops are buying cop bullets! It's the end of the world!" threads....
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

  4. #33
    VIP Member Array rammerjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,436
    I heard PBS is stocking up too! Gotta wonder what Big Bird's edc is
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

    Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

  5. #34
    Senior Member Array RemMod597's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    behind you...
    Posts
    726
    My question is: Why does every government agency need their own "police"?


    The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

  6. #35
    Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,891
    This topic keeps popping up?


    Due to a clerical error in the federal business vendor process, a solicitation for ammunition and targets for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement mistakenly identified NOAA’s National Weather Service as the requesting office. The error is being fixed and will soon appear correctly in the electronic federal bidding system. The ammunition is standard issue for many law enforcement agencies and it will be used by 63 NOAA enforcement agents in their twice annual target qualifications and training.


    National Weather Service “ammunition” solicitation triggers confusion - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post

  7. #36
    VIP Member
    Array OPFOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    My question is: Why does every government agency need their own "police"?
    Because they are all responsible for their own statutory investigations. Unlike municipal/state police, federal agencies hold STATUTORY, rather than GEOGRAPHIC, jurisdiction. Each agency investigates violations of the statutes for which they are responsible (with some overlap here and there, of course). For instance, USSS investigates threats against the President, counterfeiting, and other things. DEA investigates (duh) drug related crimes. The Diplomatic Security Service (the law enforcement arm of the State Department) investigates passport and visa fraud, as well as threats against the Secretary of State and other protected persons. The IRS investigates tax fraud. The Social Security Administration investigates SS fraud. And so on and so on. Additionally, most cabinet members warrant some sort of armed protection, and it is up to their department/agency to provide it, usually in the form of federal LEOs from their Inspector General's office.

    The alternative, of course, is for one, massive, homogeneous Federal Police Force. I, for one, am MUCH more comfortable with the authority and responsibility being spread out through so many agencies, rather than having one monolithic "state security force."

    Something to think about when we start whining "why does agency x need bullets?"
    jessielong6 likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

  8. #37
    VIP Member
    Array OPFOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    This topic keeps popping up?


    Due to a clerical error in the federal business vendor process, a solicitation for ammunition and targets for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement mistakenly identified NOAA’s National Weather Service as the requesting office. The error is being fixed and will soon appear correctly in the electronic federal bidding system. The ammunition is standard issue for many law enforcement agencies and it will be used by 63 NOAA enforcement agents in their twice annual target qualifications and training.


    National Weather Service “ammunition” solicitation triggers confusion - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post
    People love a good complete non-story, spun up into some sort of fear mongers nightmare of Big Brother jack-booted weathermen (never mind that it WASN'T the weather service) storming through the heartland, shooting everyone they see with their "special hollow point bullets designed to tear up internal organs" and ".357 rounds that can shoot through walls." I'd never heard of this Alex whatshisface before, but if HE is what "conservatives" look to these days, I am going to have to start looking elsewhere. He is an....expletive deleted.
    Sig35seven likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

  9. #38
    Senior Member Array stevem174's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    This topic keeps popping up?


    Due to a clerical error in the federal business vendor process, a solicitation for ammunition and targets for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement mistakenly identified NOAA’s National Weather Service as the requesting office. The error is being fixed and will soon appear correctly in the electronic federal bidding system. The ammunition is standard issue for many law enforcement agencies and it will be used by 63 NOAA enforcement agents in their twice annual target qualifications and training.


    National Weather Service “ammunition” solicitation triggers confusion - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Because they are all responsible for their own statutory investigations. Unlike municipal/state police, federal agencies hold STATUTORY, rather than GEOGRAPHIC, jurisdiction. Each agency investigates violations of the statutes for which they are responsible (with some overlap here and there, of course). For instance, USSS investigates threats against the President, counterfeiting, and other things. DEA investigates (duh) drug related crimes. The Diplomatic Security Service (the law enforcement arm of the State Department) investigates passport and visa fraud, as well as threats against the Secretary of State and other protected persons. The IRS investigates tax fraud. The Social Security Administration investigates SS fraud. And so on and so on. Additionally, most cabinet members warrant some sort of armed protection, and it is up to their department/agency to provide it, usually in the form of federal LEOs from their Inspector General's office.

    The alternative, of course, is for one, massive, homogeneous Federal Police Force. I, for one, am MUCH more comfortable with the authority and responsibility being spread out through so many agencies, rather than having one monolithic "state security force."

    Something to think about when we start whining "why does agency x need bullets?"
    There you guys go again!! You are shooting holes in a perfectly good conspiracy theory!
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

    Stupidity should be painful.

  10. #39
    VIP Member
    Array OPFOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by stevem174 View Post
    There you guys go again!! You are shooting holes in a perfectly good conspiracy theory!
    Am I shooting them with those "extra super deadly, why the heck would any cop need them, they are outlawed by the Geneva convention, organ shredding, wall destroying, laser guided, fin stabilized, proximity fused, discarding sabot, depleted uranium 'hollow points'?" Because Alex Whatshisface told me those are baaaaad.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

  11. #40
    Senior Member Array stevem174's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Am I shooting them with those "extra super deadly, why the heck would any cop need them, they are outlawed by the Geneva convention, organ shredding, wall destroying, laser guided, fin stabilized, proximity fused, discarding sabot, depleted uranium 'hollow points'?" Because Alex Whatshisface told me those are baaaaad.
    And you are using your dual belt feed machine gun that can shoot 10,000 rounds a min, that you bought at a local gun show for cash without a background check.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

    Stupidity should be painful.

  12. #41
    Senior Moderator
    Array pgrass101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    13,486
    Yeah but here are their new carry guns 454.jpg
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

    ― Robert A. Heinlein,

  13. #42
    VIP Member
    Array OPFOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    4,713
    Nice pea shooters, and nice HR quote. :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

  14. #43
    Senior Member Array RemMod597's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    behind you...
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Because they are all responsible for their own statutory investigations. Unlike municipal/state police, federal agencies hold STATUTORY, rather than GEOGRAPHIC, jurisdiction. Each agency investigates violations of the statutes for which they are responsible (with some overlap here and there, of course). For instance, USSS investigates threats against the President, counterfeiting, and other things. DEA investigates (duh) drug related crimes. The Diplomatic Security Service (the law enforcement arm of the State Department) investigates passport and visa fraud, as well as threats against the Secretary of State and other protected persons. The IRS investigates tax fraud. The Social Security Administration investigates SS fraud. And so on and so on. Additionally, most cabinet members warrant some sort of armed protection, and it is up to their department/agency to provide it, usually in the form of federal LEOs from their Inspector General's office.

    The alternative, of course, is for one, massive, homogeneous Federal Police Force. I, for one, am MUCH more comfortable with the authority and responsibility being spread out through so many agencies, rather than having one monolithic "state security force."

    Something to think about when we start whining "why does agency x need bullets?"
    Just too much freaking big government.
    Lose half or more of these alphabet agencies and we'd be a lot better off.


    The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

  15. #44
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,959
    How can you scoff at the man who is telling us how we are going to be subjugated by jackbooted storm troopers?
    I mean if it weren't for him how would we know that DHS has purchased enough riot gear to secure an entire basketball court?
    » DHS Puts Out Urgent Order For Riot Gear Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

    That is how they are going to do it. One playground at a time.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  16. #45
    Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    1,463
    Good fodder for, Infowars, Prison Planet, Alex Jones and the American tin-hat society. Even, Sheev, from Dukes of Hazard (the movie) laughed this one off.

    Best Regards!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

irs ammo
,

irs ammo purchase

,
irs ammunition
,

irs ammunition purchase

,
irs bullets
,

irs buying ammo

,

irs buying ammunition

,

irs buys ammo

,

irs buys ammunition

,
irs buys bullets
,
irs purchases ammunition
,
nws buys ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.