Shooting at conservtive Family Research Council in DC, one guard wounded

This is a discussion on Shooting at conservtive Family Research Council in DC, one guard wounded within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gunman Shoots Guard at James Dobson Group’s DC Office - ABC News Guards wrestled the gunman to the ground after the shooting in the lobby ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By Badbullgator

Thread: Shooting at conservtive Family Research Council in DC, one guard wounded

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Gunman Shoots Guard at James Dobson Group’s DC Office - ABC News

Guards wrestled the gunman to the ground after the shooting in the lobby of the FRC HQ. The suspect was not shot.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    I'm no fan of the FRC, but don't go shooting up the security guard, for crying out loud...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I wonder what the shooter's motive was.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Latest I heard - he made statements against organizations views before pulling gun - guard tackled him, got shot in the arm doing so, and took his gun. BG started whining "Don't shoot" after that. Nice work by the guard.

See what happens if you are close enough to a threat and go on the offensive and attack instead of giving up or running the other way,apparently the gun man never heard of the 21 foot rule
    NH_Esau likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    BG started whining "Don't shoot" after that.
    They usually do (subject to exceptions). The BG's are usually cowards who don't want done to them what they have done, or wanted to do, to people. Their bravado is due to their holding the upper hand and once that is gone it totally flies the coop.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Hero guard shot thwarting attack at Family Research Council HQ | Fox News

Sources told Fox News that after guard took away his gun, the suspect said, "Don't shoot me, it was not about you, it was what this place stands for."
    What a sorry coward!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I have not seen a word about it and suspect I won't. It is a local story at best. The national media doesn't care because DC have tough gun laws and to report a shooting would only show gun control doesn't work.
    Pistoldoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    See what happens if you are close enough to a threat and go on the offensive and attack instead of giving up or running the other way,apparently the gun man never heard of the 21 foot rule
    The guard obviously had the right mindset - there's no such thing as a defensive scenario - just offensive scenarios with less favorable starting conditions.

Of course legally, it's defensive.

Blame it on the military - possibility the BG was an Air Force Brat: Radaris: Trying to track down intelligence on Floyd Corkins online? Use Radaris - Entire background summaries.

Edit: BTW, CNN says the coward was 6' 240. Bet he fell down hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbullgator View Post
    I have not seen a word about it and suspect I won't. It is a local story at best. The national media doesn't care because DC have tough gun laws and to report a shooting would only show gun control doesn't work.
    I mentioned this point to my Mother who is staunchly pro-harsh gun control and she fell completely silent. Not a peep out of her until I changed the subject. The anti-2 A people don't want to hear anything that doesn't support their viewpoint.
    "The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994**

Sponsored Links