ulgy-6 young teens beat man because 'they were just bored'

This is a discussion on ulgy-6 young teens beat man because 'they were just bored' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Brad426 I think the disparity of force (6 against 1) would make shooting legally justifiable. Now having said that, it would probably ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: ulgy-6 young teens beat man because 'they were just bored'

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I think the disparity of force (6 against 1) would make shooting legally justifiable. Now having said that, it would probably depend on the size of the people involved (as we have learned from another case). If one were to shoot a couple of skinny, innocent-looking teens one might have a problem convincing a jury that is was justified.
    You should also consider their facebook profile picture from when they were 12 before shooting also, because that is the picture the media will put next to your orange jumpsuit mug shot after it goes down.
    Walk softly ...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfsig45 View Post
    6 on 1, even if they are skinny twerps could still cause a threat especially if they are organized and working as a team.
    I also imagine that it is likely that any group of teens who would do such a thing is going to contain members that have some form of record, police, school, or otherwise. This isn't the sort of thing that normal teens just do.

EdC
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Are you afraid for your life?
    I understand that by the time he had reason to be afraid for his life, he had already been knocked down and possibly unconscious. See this version of the crime:http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...0107/308150032

Most of the damage was when he was on the ground and the kids stomped him. Four days in hospital, enough internal injuries that they had to put a tube in his stomach to drain the blood.

This scenario is the one that troubles me the most. Plenty of potential and desire to do serious bodily harm or kill, but at what point is the line crossed to make deadly force justifiable.
    goldshellback likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    I can just see the headlines... "Armed Man Guns Down 6 Unarmed Children!"
    Does anyone doubt me on this?
    Once the attack was on, it seems to me that you'd have to let them kick you to near unconsciousness before pulling the trigger.
    I say if you can hit all six of them that is some darn good shooting. as long as you have some brusing, video somewhere or even a bus of nuns that seen it you should be good

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    When do you determine that you are in trouble and deadly force is necessary?
    When the odds of death due to what's about to occur seems highly likely. 6-on-1 with blood in their eyes? Right then, as soon as I'm able to resist, no matter what it costs the BG's, even if it kills them.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

EDC had it right.... this guy was 'out cold' when the first hit was delivered. Even if the victim was armed it'd done him no good. I'd like to think my SA would be a little more 'fine-tuned' to my enviroment as to not allow a pack of bored, wild animilistic teens get the jump on me..........

This 'kinda shifts' my line of 'what-if' thinking as to what would I do if a saw a situation like this unfold within my LOS?

Hope the victim recovers fully AND that real justice is served to these animial-kid-thugs.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Hope the victim recovers fully AND that real justice is served to these animial-kid-thugs.
    Pack animal anarchy.

The rats in the cage are gettin' restless. No doubt about it.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Well before I was in such a condition to need four days in the hospital.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I don't know about Pat Mahaney but when I was 45 years old 6 13-14 year old kids jumping me would have received some whuppin.
    Thank you, It would seem that some of the men in todays society arent men anymore, Just fluffy, round, girly things...Good grief....
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Who knows if it would have worked, had I even seen it coming, but I carry a couple other things (besides a handgun) for self-defense. Kimber pepper blaster and one nasty baton/blade combo on a chain. Disparity of force, IMO, was there. But as has already been stated, the media would kill you on shooting innocent teens who were just turning their lives around.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    This:
    “They are deeply sorry for what happened,” she said. “They do feel bad..."

followed by this:
    "But police were struck by how cocky the boys were for their age."

Zero Situational awareness. I'm guessing too, that he has serious depression stemming from long-term unemployment. Regardless, I hope he takes this as a wake-up call to get some hand-to-hand training. Shoot, I'd bet just the SA would have prevented this! Six bored young teens aren't looking to have the tables turned on them. I think they'd scatter like cockroaches after the first one or two hit the ground and didn't get up.

Good that the community gave up these miscreants. It may be the thing that saves them from perdition.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    But as has already been stated, the media would kill you on shooting innocent teens who were just turning their lives around.
    That presumes innocence. 6-on-1 gang beating isn't innocent, by any standard. Such actions have caused death before, to victims. Sure, media swill can destroy a person's reputation and sway any prosecution. But the fact remains that a 6-on-1 mob is fully armed to the teeth with capability to quickly incapacitate, cripple and/or kill a person.

These little roaches are about to have their lives turned around. May it do them good, and may they each recognize it for what it is. Failing that, may their next victims teach them the meaning of the pursuit of life and defense of it.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

.......The juvenile suspects face charges of felonious assault and aggravated rioting........

My opinion is that the juveniles be tried as adults for attempted murder. Again that is just my opinion. God Bless the victim and praying for a speedy and complete recovery and justice !!! Smile:
    ccw9mm likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EdC View Post
    I understand that by the time he had reason to be afraid for his life, he had already been knocked down and possibly unconscious. See this version of the crime:Police: Man attacked because teens 'were just bored' | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Most of the damage was when he was on the ground and the kids stomped him. Four days in hospital, enough internal injuries that they had to put a tube in his stomach to drain the blood.

This scenario is the one that troubles me the most. Plenty of potential and desire to do serious bodily harm or kill, but at what point is the line crossed to make deadly force justifiable.
    When the victim is down and unable to defend himself, the line has been crossed. What do we, as law-abiding CHLs do when we witness such a beating going down?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    This:
    “They are deeply sorry for what happened,” she said. “They do feel bad..."

followed by this:
    "But police were struck by how cocky the boys were for their age."

Zero Situational awareness. I'm guessing too, that he has serious depression stemming from long-term unemployment. Regardless, I hope he takes this as a wake-up call to get some hand-to-hand training. Shoot, I'd bet just the SA would have prevented this! Six bored young teens aren't looking to have the tables turned on them. I think they'd scatter like cockroaches after the first one or two hit the ground and didn't get up.Good that the community gave up these miscreants. It may be the thing that saves them from perdition.
    Of a gang of six little punks barely into their teens you can be sure that 4 or 5 of them are followers. Identify and focus on the Kahuna in the bunch, break his little nose and make him cry in front of his stooges. You won't need your gun for this one.
    Hoganbeg and goldshellback like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links