ulgy-6 young teens beat man because 'they were just bored' - Page 3

ulgy-6 young teens beat man because 'they were just bored'

This is a discussion on ulgy-6 young teens beat man because 'they were just bored' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'd shoot until they either ran away or stopped the attack; kinda up to them. If one or two lose their lives just for being ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: ulgy-6 young teens beat man because 'they were just bored'

I'd shoot until they either ran away or stopped the attack; kinda up to them. If one or two lose their lives just for being bored, the other four I'm sure would never make the same mistake again.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I wish some good ol boys would find these punks and givem a lickin they'll never forget and then tellum "Don't do it again or we'll be back." Completely anonymously of course because our screwed up injustice system is on the punk's side. Might givem something to contemplate next time they're "bored." By the way, if they're bored why don't they try reading. I bet their IQ is about 20 so that would be a real challenge. They might try spelling practice starting with d-o-g & c-a-t.

I'm going to shoot as many as I possibly can. Whittle down the odds as much as possible, if I can get it back from 6-1 to just me, then I've done well.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

So, since this happened locally-ish, Ohio rules apply.

I am not a lawyer, but if you look up the basics for justifiable self defense according to the AG:

1. Can not be at fault for the situation (victim was not)
    2. Reasonable and honest fear and grave bodily harm or death (he clearly suffered grave bodily harm)
    3. Attempt to retreat if doing so does not place you in danger (kinda hard for a 45 year old man to outrun a pack of teens on average).

But, he probably never even had a chance to defend himself once they were on him, since as other pointed out, the initial hit from behind probably knocked him out.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    This happened a couple of miles from me. NCH has a lot of gang activity and this smells like a gang. The establishment at NCH has not shown much interest in curtailing the gangs so this kind of stuff happens. In this case, it appears the vic did not have a chance - poor SA or otherwise, he was out on the first punch. Had he been carrying, I believe he would have been shot with his own weapon. That is the kind of punks runnning around NCH. I could give you other demographic info, but I don't need the points.
    buckeye .45 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Ponder this. You're out and about, it is 6 on 1 and they are beating you like you owe them money. You draw your weapon and shoot one of them...the other 5 run away. When the police show up, they see a large 45 year old man with a gun and a teenager that has been shot. Now it is your word against his (IF he lives) that there were 6 of them. If the one that is shot doesn't live, then the police just find one on one. Now what? How do you prove that there were 6 of them when you shot?

I'm just curious. I've thought of this before. What if you are assaulted by 2 people, one of them armed, and you shoot the armed person and the other picks up the gun and runs off? When the cops arrive, the BG gun is gone. How do you prove he was armed when you pulled the trigger?
    Brad426 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Are you afraid for your life?
    Wrong question. The right question is, "Are you afraid for your life, or grevious physical injury?" If they are doing that to me, the answer is definitely yes. I'm 70 years old. I wouldn't recover from a severe beating with out permanent serious injury. They have no right to do that to me. If I can get my gun out and shoot them, I will, as many as I can hit till they turn and run.

This whole cultural abomination of it being "okay" for bored kids to beat up and destroy old people is just plain bizzare. Beating an old person is most likely to ruin the rest of their lives with permanent severe medical issues. That justifies deady force as a defensive tactic for a person my age, at least in the situation as described.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    You should also consider their facebook profile picture from when they were 12 before shooting also, because that is the picture the media will put next to your orange jumpsuit mug shot after it goes down.
    The alternative is what? Get beat to death or crippled and left with hanging bags fed through a tube in a wheel chair? Screw their picture. First survive. Then worry about their picture.

Beating old people is bizzare and unacceptable. Old people deciding to be injured or die because of what a lawyer might think is even dumber.

Fitch
    bamfsig45 likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

a older armed white man shoots 6 unarmed black kids. jessie jackson ans al sharpton would be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by cfd335 View Post
    a older armed white man shoots 6 unarmed black kids. jessie jackson ans al sharpton would be all over it.
    So why should I care about that more than staying alive and uncrippled?

Fitch

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    The alternative is what? Get beat to death or crippled and left with hanging bags fed through a tube in a wheel chair? Screw their picture. First survive. Then worry about their picture.

Beating old people is bizzare and unacceptable. Old people deciding to be injured or die because of what a lawyer might think is even dumber.

Fitch
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't defend yourself. The comment was supposed to be tounge in cheek, referencing the media bias in the Z-man sittuation. It was not a suggestion or course of action.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Outnumbered 6 to 1? I shoot till there is only one left (if they continue to attack), then the disparity of force is gone.
    If the last one left is larger than me and is still attacking, I will shoot him too. Makes no sense to put your gun away and then reach for your non-lethal weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't defend yourself. The comment was supposed to be tounge in cheek, referencing the media bias in the Z-man sittuation. It was not a suggestion or course of action.
    Sorry. Missed the tongue in cheek part. You are right about the media bias, but I confess I wouldn't be thinking about that faced with a crowd of juvinile terrorist-for-pleasure types who think ruining the rest of or ending my life is a good way to relieve a few minutes of boredom. I'd try my best to take them out. No idea how successful I might be, if at all, but I'd sure give it a try.

Fitch

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Ponder this. You're out and about, it is 6 on 1 and they are beating you like you owe them money. You draw your weapon and shoot one of them...the other 5 run away. When the police show up, they see a large 45 year old man with a gun and a teenager that has been shot. Now it is your word against his (IF he lives) that there were 6 of them. If the one that is shot doesn't live, then the police just find one on one. Now what? How do you prove that there were 6 of them when you shot?

I'm just curious. I've thought of this before. What if you are assaulted by 2 people, one of them armed, and you shoot the armed person and the other picks up the gun and runs off? When the cops arrive, the BG gun is gone. How do you prove he was armed when you pulled the trigger?
    If you got the beating you outline, you will have the marks to prove the need to SD. Who cares if they find the one dead punk or all 6, if you are getting beaten to within an inch of your life, defend yourself.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    If you got the beating you outline, you will have the marks to prove the need to SD. Who cares if they find the one dead punk or all 6, if you are getting beaten to within an inch of your life, defend yourself.
    I agree with defend yourself, just pondering the legal implications. As we are seeing in a current case, having a bloodied head, marks, broken nose, etc. does not insure that the police will agree with your decision. Sure, you tell them there were 6 of them, but when they got there they only found one. And there were no witnesses. Now what?
    cfd335 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links