Bad: 4 Deputies Ambushed In Louisiana, 2 Dead

This is a discussion on Bad: 4 Deputies Ambushed In Louisiana, 2 Dead within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sheriff: 5 in custody after deputies killed in St. John Parish | New Orleans - WDSU Home Very bad. prayers for the deputies and their ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bad: 4 Deputies Ambushed In Louisiana, 2 Dead

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar

"Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Awful. The article was oddly written... were two or three other deputies wounded?

"Two deputies, 27-year-old Jeremy Triche and 34-year-old Brandon Nielson, died in the shooting, and another deputy was injured. Triche and Nielson had been with the Sheriff's Office for four and two years, respectively.

The two other deputies injured in the incident were Michael Boyington, 33, and Jason Triche, 30.
    "

And I wonder in Jason and Jeremy Triche were brothers.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    The article IS confusing. I believe the sheriff also mentions a district attorney's investigator being shot, so I think he is the fourth victim. I feel bad for the sheriff. He was having a hard time keeping it together. Very sad.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

I grew up down there. From what I can gather after reviewing a few diffrent news sites, the first two deputies were shot and wounded while conducting traffic duty or patrol..... just plain ambushed. Responding officers investigating the shooting were questioning some POI's in a trailer when they were ambushed an killed, back-up officers shot the shooter(s ?)..... all details and information are very sketchy. St. John Parrish Sheriff is hurting for his poeple and had to watch certinly. This is just beyond BAD and it's only getting worse it seems. Prayers to deputies and officers, their families, and all involved. I hope they got all involved in custody and that this IS 'over'.
    QKShooter likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

different link

should have read 5 suspects are dead; we will never know why

"Another person exited that trailer with an assault weapon and ambushed my two officers," Tregre said. Two deputies were killed and a third was wounded. Two suspects were wounded in the shootout before officers subdued them, Tregre said.
    Read more: 2 Louisiana sheriff's deputies killed in
    Deadly cop shooting outside of New Orleans

sgb
    QKShooter likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Prayers for those involved and their families!
    QKShooter likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Administrator
    Flags were at half staff at the local Police stations here. R.I.P.

Horrible story...again.

There's the buzz words... 'Assault Rifle' "spraying bullets". Not good.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Sorry to hear. Tragedy indeed. Prayers go out to the families.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Wow America seems to being having a war on police. Texas has had 3 shootings towards police in just 3 days.

Very sad situation for sure... Prayers and condolences to the family's.

One thing I don't understand though; if the two officers were there investigating the first shooting of a fellow officer, why just two officers? I would think a huge show of force was in order IMO. It seems like a bad call on someones part may have cost the two officers their lives, very sad..:???:
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Prayers to the families. Seven people were arrested in conjunction with the murder of those deputies. At least some are said to have ties to a "sovereign citizens" movement.

Suspects in deputy killings linked to extremists - Yahoo! News

"NEW ORLEANS (AP) At least some of the seven people arrested in a fatal shootout with Louisiana deputies have been linked to violent anarchists on the FBI's domestic terrorism watch lists, a sheriff said Saturday.

Detectives had been monitoring the group before Thursday's shootout in Laplace in which two deputies were killed and two more wounded, said DeSoto Parish Sheriff Rodney Arbuckle. His detectives and other law enforcement discovered the suspects were heavily armed adherents to an ideology known as the "sovereign citizens" movement.

The FBI has classified "sovereign citizens" as people who believe they are free from all duties of a U.S. citizen, like paying taxes. The FBI considers the group's members a danger for making threats to judges and law enforcement, using fake currency and impersonating police officers.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................

Detectives in Tennessee, Nebraska and Louisiana have sketched a portrait of an outlaw gang led by a 44-year-old accused molester named Terry Smith, who has a criminal record dating to 1984 in Morehouse Parish, the Times-Picayune reported Saturday.

Morehouse Parish Sheriff Mike Stubbs said the Smith family was notorious. He said they lived for a long time in a house on the outskirts of Bastrop."

fricken animals. i hope one of the deputies at the jail go ahead and tcb before the initial appearance.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Connected to an extremist/anarcist group.......!?! This trash needs to be taken out to the land-fill.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links