Outstanding- chl instructor help police and catches BG/citizenís arrest

This is a discussion on Outstanding- chl instructor help police and catches BG/citizenís arrest within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Owner of online gun store helped capture carjacking suspect "As I was running after him, I was able to draw my weapon and get him ...

Thread: Outstanding- chl instructor help police and catches BG/citizenís arrest

Owner of online gun store helped capture carjacking suspect

"As I was running after him, I was able to draw my weapon and get him to the ground and hold him there until a police officer could come and grab him," said Hansen.
    you never know when or where these things happen but when they do..... be ready; he was

"Under Texas law, you have the right to use deadly force to protect someone else's property. If some one is committing an immediate breach of the peace, a felony or fleeing from theft, as in this case, you have a right to stop them and use deadly force if you have to," said Tritico.
    Read more: Owner of online gun store helped capture carjacking suspect - Houston weather, traffic, news | FOX 26 | MyFoxHouston
    Last edited by OD*; August 18th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Strong work!
    "The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994**

Nice.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

VIP Member
    Good job.

Yes!
    Skillet Hot!

VIP Member
    That's when Hansen decided to put the concealed carry lessons he teaches at the range into real-life practice.

Read more: Owner of online gun store helped capture carjacking suspect - Houston weather, traffic, news | FOX 26 | MyFoxHouston
    Really, he teaches his students to chase after the BG's? I have a feeling he doesn't. Imagine the liability he faces if one of his students does it and it goes wrong.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Really, he teaches his students to chase after the BG's? I have a feeling he doesn't. Imagine the liability he faces if one of his students does it and it goes wrong.
    NONE , you can't sue a CHL instructor in the state of Texas for gun related info passed in class

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    That was some poetic license from the author.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice work.

He was within the law in Texas. If I would have done the same thing in My state, I might have been arrested. I applaud his actions and making a difference, but this could turn out bad for others around the country were laws on defense of property are different...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Links