details of a murdered college student tried desperately to fend off attacker

This is a discussion on details of a murdered college student tried desperately to fend off attacker within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; sometimes even mace is not enough, some people need shoot'in Details reveal murdered college student tried desperately to fend off attacker | Fox News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: details of a murdered college student tried desperately to fend off attacker

sometimes even mace is not enough, some people need shoot'in

Details reveal murdered college student tried desperately to fend off attacker | Fox News
    ccw9mm likes this.

VIP Member
    Under a plea deal to avoid the death penalty, he was required to give details about both slayings in exchange for a life sentence without parole.
    This is one of my greatest annoyances, the Green River Killer and BTK both used this tactic. Personally they and anyone else like them should immediately be put down just as any other rabid animal.
    ccw9mm, goldmaster, mano3 and 2 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

There is absolutely no cure for sex offenders, except death. Even castration cannot solve the problems of sex offenders. My wife works in law enforcement and deals almost exclusively with sex offenders, it is unbeleivable how many there are everywhere. If they are not repeat offenders yet they will be the first chance they get.
    vca2004 likes this.

Administrator
    If you know any females that travel by bicycle - tell them to watch out for this ploy.

Court documents say Lavergne, a registered sex offender, hit Shunick's bike with his truck, throwing her to the ground.
    Then, Lavergne either forced or persuaded Shunick to get into the vehicle and her damaged bike was loaded into the bed of the truck.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

One thing I can say about the old days, 24 hours later he would be enjoying a nice cool breeze as he swung on the end of a rope....

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    One thing I can say about the old days, 24 hours later he would be enjoying a nice cool breeze as he swung on the end of a rope....
    After a fair and quick trial, of course...
    baren likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    This is one of my greatest annoyances, the Green River Killer and BTK both used this tactic. Personally they and anyone else like them should immediately be put down just as any other rabid animal.
    I agree in principle but its easy for me to feel that way. I don't have a missing loved one that only an agreement with some scumbag killer will end the questions of what happened to them.

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I agree in principle but its easy for me to feel that way. I don't have a missing loved one that only an agreement with some scumbag killer will end the questions of what happened to them.

Michael
    Both Dennis Rader (BTK) and Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer) gave full accounts of their murders. Both recounted their murders just like you or I would describe going to the store to pick up groceries or supplies. Once they were done with their confessions they should have been treated the same as their victims, the complete denial of the pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Too bad she wasn't more informed on where and how to use the knife to incapacitate or kill him. Or, that she wasn't armed in the first place.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Bad ending or not her spirit is what we should be attempting to instill in our children. It is indeed sad that she didn't have enough training or tools to augment her "never give up" attitude. I plan on sending this along to a few people.
    Eagleks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Of course, so would anyone else that was suspected of a crime or looked at the wrong woman. The good ol' days weren't good for everyone.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post

Michael
    I certainly see your point and totally agree.

This is how King Dennis1209 of the sovereign nation of Dennis1209ville thinks...

A human has the capacity for empathy. An animal does not.
    A human has the ability to reason. An animal does not.
    A human has natural compassion. An animal does not.
    A human wipes their own butt. An animal does not.

Special considerations should be employed in cases like this and a new charge should be established. Heinous / vicious capitol murder would be a step above a capitol murder charge.

The current standard for conviction of all criminal court trials is "beyond a reasonable doubt". A special heinous / vicious capitol murder conviction would rise above beyond a reasonable doubt and require a 100% certainty, no doubt at all standard.

With the conviction by my standards as set above, and an assessment by the jury of twelve (no expert witness's) if he meets the criteria of an animal instead of a human, he / she be treated as such. Human rights apply to humans, not animals.

Convicted as an animal, and with no human rights, you send for King Dennis1209 as special interrogator of speaking animals to extract important information from the convicted animal, as to where the body was dumped. King Dennis1209 along with some of his "special tools" and the animal enter a 8' x 8' sound proof room. Trust me when I say this, in less than one hour I would know every crime he / she ever committed. I would know where all the corpse were.

Once the bodies were discovered and recovered, and all pertinent information was verified and all loose ends closed. King Dennis1209 would sit down with the deceased family and loved ones to discuss the appropriate means of the animals execution and the duration and length of suffering before the final breath. If requested, the family would be allowed to administer the execution personally, with state issued tools as requested.

If the family were liberal minded and not want the animal exterminated under the new law, a compassionate dispatch of 1,000 cuts would be the default punishment.

Please vote November 23, 2012 for Dennis1209, for U.S. Supreme Prosecutor. I have no law degree but, I sure can tell the difference between a human and an animal.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

VIP Member
    Hats off to a very tough, determined young lady whose refusal to quit directly resulted in the apprehension of her assailant. Hopefully, lessons to be learned here will help others.
    Eagleks likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

With sex offenders, it is not about sex, but about power & control. That is what these predators want becuse they feel powerless and controled by others and have the insatiable desire to have that for their very own. That is what motivates them to commit crimes such as this.

There is no cure for him and even though he will spend life in prison, the desire for power and control will never diminish. He should be put out of our misery and death is the only "cure" in cases such as this. He is a parasite, a blood sucking leech upon society who will still be taking from us by exsting inside prison for who knows how long.

Not to start a fight about death penalty or not, but this is certainly the poster person for having it done swiftly.
    Gforty likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

My family back home in south Louisiana (and indeed many, many others) have been following this story since she went missing. She died fighting is the best consolation any could have out of all this.

A plea deal is a punk way out to spare his life, but I can understand (barely) using that to get the details/confession outta him. He, as an animialistic murder, showed NO compassion or quarter for Ms. Mickey. He deserves none.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links