bad: fake police pull over car, an robbed him - Page 2

bad: fake police pull over car, an robbed him

This is a discussion on bad: fake police pull over car, an robbed him within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by blitzburgh I didn't see anything about an afro, just dreads. With these LEO impersonations stories becoming more and more common and frequent, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: bad: fake police pull over car, an robbed him

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I didn't see anything about an afro, just dreads.

With these LEO impersonations stories becoming more and more common and frequent, I really no longer feel safe pulling over if lights were to come on behind me.

Question for you members that are LEO, what would be the ramifications if one were to continue driving until calling 911 to confirm before pulling over? I wouldn't go to such measures during the day on a busy highway/road. My concern would be at night while I'm on the backwood roads of South Carolina.

Sent from my palm device
    It would depend a great deal on the circumstances and what the cop felt was going on. You could be charged with fleeing police if that is what the cop felt you were doing. You can always call the local PD and ask them if they have a policy on night traffic stops and stuff like that. I know when I worked down in Florida we had a rash of fake cops pulling people over. The local chiefs and Sheriffs got together put out their department policies on pulling people over and what their patrol vehicles looked like. They also said not to pull over if they felt something wasn't right and to go to a well lit area before pulling over.

This isn't the first time this has happened in the Atlanta area. All the agencies say that Unmarked Cars do not do traffic stops. Only marked cars do and if in doubt dial 911 and continue in the direction you were going until you get to a populated area. This was mid morning. Me, I'm not stopping for any unmarked car in Georgia and will call 911. If all is not well with the issue, I will be prepared to repel anyone trying to stop me.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

In Tennessee they do in fact use unmarked cars for traffic enforcement. Ask me how I know.

ive been pulled over by unmarked cars before one thing i dont like too much is ive seen police cars light up back half has red/blue front half is bright whites pulling people over. not sure id pull over until i called the cops.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    This is BS. I ordered a badge for my wallet about 3 days ago and before they even processed my order, they called me asking for not only my police id but also my state id to make sure i'm LE. Why can some joe blow go on a website and order a light bar without any other information except their payment information. If places does the same thing with light bars and other lights of that nature, this type of crap wouldn't happen. As far as I'm concerned, anybody ordering any light bar that isn't amber should provide a copy of their department id.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links