bad: fake police pull over car, an robbed him

This is a discussion on bad: fake police pull over car, an robbed him within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gwinnett police: Trio used blue lights to pull over, rob man *| ajc.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: bad: fake police pull over car, an robbed him

bad: fake police pull over car, an robbed him

2. Remove Ads

Seems to be a lots of this going on lately. Could it be that the bad guys are aware that more of their intended victims are arming themselves so they are looking for ways not to get shot?

Michael

Wolves in sheep's clothing attacks can be very effective. Appear to be something you're not, and your targeted victim is less wary and likely to be less prepared to resist. Caution, as wolves can appear sheep-like in any number of situations.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Blue only = MPs, who only have authority on-base. I would have kept driving while calling 911 to validate.

Has to be blue and red lights together. Has to be a marked car. Has to be a uniformed officer. If any of these things are lacking, your justified in not pulling over while you call 911 to validate. Even if it turns out to be an undercover cop who pulled you over, you are justified in having the department send out a marked vehicle and a uniformed officer before you pull over, precicely because criminals do things like this to rob you.

BTW, yellow only = utility/service, such as a tow truck, city plow or private security, so don't pull over for that either.

Red-only = fire department and EMT, so yes do pull over for that....but be aware the vehicle should pass you by, not pull up behind you and dismount....if that happens then pull away and call 911.

Different States/Counties/Cities have different requirements,there are several Civilian LEO Agencies that use only blue lights,If in doubt put your hazards on call 911 while you drive to an area like a quik shop with bodies and possibly cameras,a 911 dispatcher can tell you if it's a legitimate stop
    oneshot, ArmyMan and Spade115 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Blue only = MPs, who only have authority on-base. I would have kept driving while calling 911 to validate.

Has to be blue and red lights together. Has to be a marked car. Has to be a uniformed officer. If any of these things are lacking, your justified in not pulling over while you call 911 to validate. Even if it turns out to be an undercover cop who pulled you over, you are justified in having the department send out a marked vehicle and a uniformed officer before you pull over, precicely because criminals do things like this to rob you.

BTW, yellow only = utility/service, such as a tow truck, city plow or private security, so don't pull over for that either.

Red-only = fire department and EMT, so yes do pull over for that....but be aware the vehicle should pass you by, not pull up behind you and dismount....if that happens then pull away and call 911.
    That is not true. On Fort Bragg they use Blue only at least in the front of their light bars, and in their slick tops just blue as well. Also a lot of the southern states use just blue as well. Another example, the new Florida HWY Patrol have new light bars that change colors with the sun. I believe during the day they flash red and at night blue. The color of lighting and how much lighting is required to be considered an emergency vehicle is dictated by the state or local jurisdiction. So to say that it has to be red and blue together is a false statement.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

It's getting tougher out there to identify the BGs until it is too late.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Perhaps where you live this might be the case but there is no national requirement on lighting for police.

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    Perhaps where you live this might be the case but there is no national requirement on lighting for police.
    That's why I have the signature that I do.

Interesting info on the lights but a bit confusing too.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Solid blue seems to be more common among State Trooper vehicles, Red/Blue and Red/White/Blue seem more common with local agencies. Strictly from my own limited observations.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member
    It all depends on the jurisdiction which kind of sucks. It would make things a whole lot easier on motorists if they would standardize things some. I remember traveling from Washington State to North Carolina and got pulled over at night by a sedan with nothing more than a little blue strobe in the window and out pops a uniformed officer. My advice being a former LEO is if you are unsure to call 911 to verify if the stop is legit. Put on your flashers, pull over to the right lane and don't speed so if the LEO is legit he / she won't think you are running. I had a few instances where I was doing traffic enforcement in a slick top vehicle and the person didn't pull over. Both times they turned on their flashers and kept going. I called for a fully marked car to pull up and blue light them and everything was fine. Just be warned that if you don't pull right over, that the LEO may be a little more on edge once they come to the vehicle. Just stay calm and keep your hands where they can see them until you get a chance to explain why you didn't pull right over.
    DOHCVTEC678 likes this.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

in my county and surrounding areas, all there marked patrol cars use blue and ONLY blue, other county's about an hour or so away from my county has red white an blue.

I've lived in a number of states and the police always had red/blue together. Yes, standardization would be very helpful.

The absence of a uniform, afro and pink hair should have sent up a few red flags, though.

I've lived in a number of states and the police always had red/blue together. Yes, standardization would be very helpful.

The absence of a uniform, afro and pink hair should have sent up a few red flags, though.
    I didn't see anything about an afro, just dreads.

With these LEO impersonations stories becoming more and more common and frequent, I really no longer feel safe pulling over if lights were to come on behind me.

Question for you members that are LEO, what would be the ramifications if one were to continue driving until calling 911 to confirm before pulling over? I wouldn't go to such measures during the day on a busy highway/road. My concern would be at night while I'm on the backwood roads of South Carolina.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links