Bad: Call 911 and then get shot by police

This is a discussion on Bad: Call 911 and then get shot by police within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 That'll teach her. I am with you all the way - I pray the police officer is not traumatized...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Bad: Call 911 and then get shot by police

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    That'll teach her.
    I am with you all the way - I pray the police officer is not traumatized

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    I am with you all the way - I pray the police officer is not traumatized
    I hope he is. He screwed up big time and as a result he took an innocent persons life.

Michael

VIP Member
    Tuksonrider, I should have paid more attention. Skimming a story left me with a poor understanding of the situation. So the only stupid part was being unarmed and going to investigate noises, and sadly to most of the world that isn't considered stupid.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tuksonrider View Post
    Actually, if you re-read the story, the person shot did NOT call the police. Someone else called saying there was a suspicious man wearing a skimask in the neighborhood, and that he was heading eastbound. THe cops went 1-2 blocks AWAY and saw an open gate. They entered the gate making noises. The homeowner went outside to investigate the noises and was shot by the police AFTER she claimed she was the homeowner.
    I don't have any idea what article you read. From the OP's article:

San Diego police are under close scrutiny after accidentally shooting a homeowner who called 911 after allegedly seeing a man in a ski mask prowling the neighborhood.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I bet we will never hear the final outcome of this. Media will quietly sweep this under the rug. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I don't have any idea what article you read. From the OP's article:
    Woman Injured In Shooting Involving Sheriff's Deputy - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

That link is the in the ORIGINAL article of the OP. Two media sources. The cops were responding to a 911 call, but it wasn't Jennifer Orey (the person shot) that made the call. They said they walked into a yard that looked suspicious, but it wasn't the yard of the originator of the call, but one 2 blocks away.

Here is the victim

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Gore said the deputies thought Orey's open gate looked suspicious, so they went into her backyard. The deputies ran into Orey, and one of them had a "spontaneous reaction."
    Terminate and prosecute.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Gore said the deputies thought Orey's open gate looked suspicious, so they went into her backyard. The deputies ran into Orey, and one of them had a "spontaneous reaction."
    Could this be one of the reasons that we have another tread going about police departments demanding that their duty guns have ridiculously heavy trigger pulls?

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tuksonrider View Post
    Woman Injured In Shooting Involving Sheriff's Deputy - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

That link is the in the ORIGINAL article of the OP. Two media sources. The cops were responding to a 911 call, but it wasn't Jennifer Orey (the person shot) that made the call. They said they walked into a yard that looked suspicious, but it wasn't the yard of the originator of the call, but one 2 blocks away.
    OK, I see what you are saying, however, the article you linked is about 12 hours older than the OP's now-linked article (which was the first one I saw linked here.)

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    It appears that she was shot in the breast, arm and had damage to a finger. It looks like the cops are understating what was shot and her family may be overstating it. It appears that the bullet went through the breast and into the arm. Something damaged her finger requiring several stitches - obviiously more than a scratch. Police originally said she was shot only in the arm, that appears to be not true. Later they said she had a graze wound to the chest - well that is true only if being shot through the breast is a graze wound. Her family says she was shot in the chest, while technically true, she does not appear to have been shot in the chest cavity as the statement seems to imply. As with most he said, she said stories, the truth appears to be in the middle.

Glad she will get better. Pics of the wounded area in the video linked below.

LiveLeak.com - Officer Shoots Woman Homeowner Accidentally

If she was shot in the breast but not the chest that means the shot came from the side.

He joined the wrong police department, he needs the one on the other side of the country with the 12lb triggers
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    He needs to carry without one in the chamber and an empty mag well. Sort of a modern day Mayberry Deputy.

Totally off topic, if I worked in Hollywood, I would try my best to get a sitcom-action show remake/makeover. It would be called "Mayberry SWAT."
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Could this be one of the reasons that we have another tread going about police departments demanding that their duty guns have ridiculously heavy trigger pulls?

Michael
    Yup. It's the same old mistake of trying to compensate for inadequate training & personnel with excessive safety features. It's just a matter of time before NY is required to 'Barney Fife' it with one bullet in their shirt pocket.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links