Bad: Woman Found Dead Two Days After Calling 911

This is a discussion on Bad: Woman Found Dead Two Days After Calling 911 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Woman found murdered two days after calling 911 for help | The Lookout - Yahoo! News When seconds count the police are just days away....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rammerjammer

Thread: Bad: Woman Found Dead Two Days After Calling 911

Bad: Woman Found Dead Two Days After Calling 911

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    So much for being a good witness and calling 9-1-1.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

So much for not being armed. Officer knocked on doors and checked windows , and that's it ? FAIL ... big time. Caller calls in that someone is attacking them, then the search doesn't stop at that point and he's justified in kicking the door down and assurring the caller is OK. "What if" ..... the husband was inside at that point, keeping her from talking ? What if, he had assaulted her but she was disabled and medical care would have saved her life ? What if ? I think this is a "fail" mark on the police dept for not following thru. Once the dispatcher reported " an attack in progress" .... there is no mediocre checking the residence outside to see if things appear ok.... and not until the caller is confirmed OK or not.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I once had an incident with the police in which it took them 40-45 minutes to show up. Yet one more reason to take your safety into your own hands and not rely on someone else coming to the rescue.
    8th ID likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

When seconds count the police are just days away.
    To be fair, according to the report it took 9mins to acquire the address the caller failed to provide, at which point LEO's were dispatched to the home.

Unfortunately, despite the distress call during an imminent attack, no apparent entry was forced by LEO's, and police left after not getting corroborating info from neighbors. I'm assuming this is what the internal investigation is about.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    This should teach everyone using a cellphone when placing an emergency call, to yell out the location ASAP.

She was overheard by the operator yelling at her husband and asking him "why he's doing this", and "she didn't do anything to him".
    If she had gave her location it may have possibly made a difference
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    So much for being a good witness and calling 9-1-1.
    ????????I don't understand what you mean. She was a victim being assualted. When people say to be a good witness and call 911 they are referring to a 3rd party that is not part of the inciden and instead of getting directly involved to call 911 and be a good witness.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    This should teach everyone using a cellphone when placing an emergency call, to yell out the location ASAP.
    It's ABSOLUTELY the very first thing to speak, on any 911/emergency call. Without that, the call's pointless.

Something like ... "My address is 123 Lemon Street, Mayberry XYZ. I'm being attacked now, and need immediate help. &c" All the crying, yelling, details and other blah/blah/blah won't make any difference without that info.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links