'My Son Trained Somebody to Murder Him'

This is a discussion on 'My Son Trained Somebody to Murder Him' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sad State of Affairs! 'My Son Trained Somebody to Murder Him' | Military.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 'My Son Trained Somebody to Murder Him'

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

As a father of 3 young men I want to know..............what do we get out of this ?
    Money, Oil, The Right to Know We Can Sleep safe At Night, Our Country's Security............I see none of this. Seems to me this entire mid-east crises was born just to either soothe our politician's egos or to keep our mortality rate in this country in check.....we are loosing and have lost our very best young people and for what.
    No I'm not an anti, far from it... but the mis-management of this entire program, IMO, has gotten thousands of our son's killed and maimed....I ask, for what ?
    How many more must we loose........to those religious finatics who have no reguard for the life of others or themselves....?
    Sickens me.........Again, what do we get for this in return ?
    Answer : Nothing but heartbreak and busted famlies........That's it.

PS.....and these same politicians are allowing these sects to build Mosques and Temples in every state and local township in this country being funded by Saudi Arabian monies.....I now have 3 within a few miles of my home with a 4th pending....what's wrong with this picture...?
    Spirit51, tcox4freedom and mano3 like this.

Time to leave this mess of a country with the understanding that if we have to come back it becomes the largest glass parking lot in the world. I would say "Bomb them back to the stone age", but that is close to where they are now. Trying to turn this backward corrupt country into any kind of civilized place is a waste of time and more important...a waste of American lives.

We should have wiped out the enemy and then left and like I said before....if we had to go back...destroy it completely.

Enough of trying to "save" a lost cause.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    The "force multiplier" concept only works when you are working with trusted and vetted allies.

What we have comes from leadership that does not possess the basic common sense to determine who our allies are.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    And now the Sikhs are looking to carry concealed weapons in this country based on their religion.......what the hell is wrong with this picture.
    I think they are looking to do so, based on their rights as american citizens, not their religion.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    And now the Sikhs are looking to carry concealed weapons in this country based on their religion.......what the hell is wrong with this picture.
    X-Boom I wouldn't worry so much with the Sikhs, it is allowing the group which their religon demands that they kill non-believers to buy guns and build their places of worship! The Sikhs have the same issue with those as every other group of non-believers do!
    tcox4freedom likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

As a father of 3 young men I want to know..............what do we get out of this ?
    My question is how do we get out of this?

I don't see nation building as the core job description of our military but this seems to be the task our elected leaders have assigned them. My protests fall on deaf ears when I contact Levin or Stabenow. Those of us who make the effort to pay attention see the shocking loss of our young volunteers but since the media no longer publicizes the daily toll in Afganistan the way they did in Iraq it is not in most peoples minds. This country needs to realize we can't fix the whole world's problems and quit trying to. I'm not an isolationist but we need leaders who have the common sense when to walk away.
    Last edited by Caertaker; August 22nd, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
    GunGeezer and Spirit51 like this.

Or not becomeing involved at all.............there is a movement now in this country being funded by the Saudi's promoting the construction of Mosques and Temples throught our states and local municipalities..........IMO.
    Last edited by xXxplosive; August 22nd, 2012 at 02:40 PM.

No Thanks...........

Money, Oil, The Right to Know We Can Sleep safe At Night, Our Country's Security............I see none of this. Seems to me this entire mid-east crises was born just to either soothe our politician's egos or to keep our mortality rate in this country in check.....we are loosing and have lost our very best young people and for what.
    No I'm not an anti, far from it... but the mis-management of this entire program, IMO, has gotten thousands of our son's killed and maimed....I ask, for what ?
    How many more must we loose........to those religious finatics who have no reguard for the life of others or themselves....?
    Sickens me.........Again, what do we get for this in return ?
    Answer : Nothing but heartbreak and busted famlies........That's it.

PS.....and these same politicians are allowing these sects to build Mosques and Temples in every state and local township in this country being funded by Saudi Arabian monies.....I now have 3 within a few miles of my home with a 4th pending....what's wrong with this picture...?
    I agree with everything you said except the last 2 points.

1. This war in Afghanistan was started on Oct 7th 2001 and had nothing to do with the current administration.
    2. The reason they are allowed to build Mosques and Temples is NOT because of the "same politicians" they are allowed because or forefathers wrote a constitution that allows them the religious freedom to do so.
    Sig 210 likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

And being financed by the saudi's they're using that against us IMO...........the two towns near me are in court already trying to stop the construction of more Muslim Mosques......I have 3 Temples within 3 mile radius already with a 4th pending......

The times, they are a changin'......

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    What is RE-MO?

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I guess it was alright to intern innocent Japanese-American citizens during WWII but today it's okay for those who are declared enemies to build strongholds of hate and terror in our midst. Never mind who was in power and when, it's just wrong!
    Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    From what I've read, Sikhs are no more dangerous than the average legally armed citizen, and probably someone you'd want to have your back in a fight.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I guess it was alright to intern innocent Japanese-American citizens during WWII but today it's okay for those who are declared enemies to build strongholds of hate and terror in our midst. Never mind who was in power and when, it's just wrong!
    "declared enemies to build strongholds of hate and terror in our midst"

What the heck are you talking about? These are religious people that have done NOTHING to us. They are NOT the Taliban. Your hate is over shadowing clear thinking just like what happened to the Japanese during WWII.
    Sig 210 and WyoShooter like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links