bad for CCing- mans gun goes off at a mcdonalds - Page 2

bad for CCing- mans gun goes off at a mcdonalds

This is a discussion on bad for CCing- mans gun goes off at a mcdonalds within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by bigdogtx May want to do a little research..... Man's gun accidentally goes off at McDonald's, police say Read the posts after the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: bad for CCing- mans gun goes off at a mcdonalds

  1. #16
    Ex Member Array bmglock23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    Read the posts after the article. Some food for thought from the anti's.


  2. #17
    VIP Member Array JDE101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,591
    While I strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment, and believe everyone who is not a felon or mentally deficient should be able to own a gun for protection IN THEIR HOME, I do believe there should be at least a minimum of firearms safety training before one is allowed to carry a firearm in public. I know this view will not be popular with many of the members here, but quite frankly, your "rights" end when they endanger or infringe on my "rights"! Idiots who have no knowledge or regard for firearms safety DO NOT have a "right" to endanger the lives and well being of others! If you don't know how to handle or carry a firearm safely, you have no business carrying one in public. If you or one of your loved ones is killed or injured by a bullet, does it really matter if it was "fired" by a BG or by a careless idiot who didn't know what he was doing with a firearm? You are just as dead or just as injured, no matter who "pulled the trigger". It is idiots like this that give all firearms owners a bad name with the anti crowd. The fact that 98 or 99% of firearms owners are responsible and safety conscious doesn't matter to the nutcase antis. Just one idiot like this harms us all. OK, off my soapbox--for now.
    boatman likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

  3. #18
    Member Array skeet732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    67
    Sorry, but I agree with OP, this guy is a moron for carrying any gun without a holster or sleeve to shield the trigger. I also agree that he was probably packing a Glock or a 1911 cocked but unlocked. Either way he didn't help the cause


    NRA Life member

    GOA member

  4. #19
    Member Array Roon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    265
    1. Every gun is always loaded.

    2. Never point your gun at something you do not intend to destroy.

    3. Always be aware of what is behind your target.

    4. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target.

    5. Always carry your gun in a holster that shields the trigger.

  5. #20
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,883
    And this is why establishments should be allowed to prohibit employees and patrons from carrying firearms. It was only a matter of place that it went off. It could easily have gone of if he was an employee.

    Look gentleman and ladies, we wish there were no accidents, but there are a lot of idiots out there. As an employer I want to control what could possibly be dangerous brought into my establishment.
    tacman605 likes this.

  6. #21
    sgb
    sgb is offline
    VIP Member Array sgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    You don't need to know
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    While I strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment, and believe everyone who is not a felon or mentally deficient should be able to own a gun for protection IN THEIR HOME, I do believe there should be at least a minimum of firearms safety training before one is allowed to carry a firearm in public. I know this view will not be popular with many of the members here, but quite frankly, your "rights" end when they endanger or infringe on my "rights"! Idiots who have no knowledge or regard for firearms safety DO NOT have a "right" to endanger the lives and well being of others! If you don't know how to handle or carry a firearm safely, you have no business carrying one in public. If you or one of your loved ones is killed or injured by a bullet, does it really matter if it was "fired" by a BG or by a careless idiot who didn't know what he was doing with a firearm? You are just as dead or just as injured, no matter who "pulled the trigger". It is idiots like this that give all firearms owners a bad name with the anti crowd. The fact that 98 or 99% of firearms owners are responsible and safety conscious doesn't matter to the nutcase antis. Just one idiot like this harms us all. OK, off my soapbox--for now.
    Which of your "Rights" is the Government infringing upon by adhering to the letter of the 2nd amendment ? Your tirade is emotionally based and poorly thought out. You claim you believe in the 2nd amendment but only as you think it should be allowed, that sounds hypocritical to me.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

  7. #22
    New Member Array ItsHotInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    3
    You're correct. No permit is required to ccw or open carry in Arizona unless the establishment serves alcohol.

    Sent using Tapatalk 2

  8. #23
    Ex Member Array barstoolguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    under a rock in area 51
    Posts
    2,548
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    And this is why establishments should be allowed to prohibit employees and patrons from carrying firearms. It was only a matter of place that it went off. It could easily have gone of if he was an employee.

    Look gentleman and ladies, we wish there were no accidents, but there are a lot of idiots out there. As an employer I want to control what could possibly be dangerous brought into my establishment.
    why did I see this coming.... and no mention of lawsuit…...lmbo....as much as some people are against it some form of testing should be required ( here it comes; I don't need no testing. it is a waste of my time). Trust me, we all understand that there some people are very efficient but how do we sort them out from the dingbats? We test for a driver’s lic and we test to obtain a job but everyone is against testing for carrying a gun!

    When this guy bought a gun he knew perfectly well that if the trigger is pulled the gun will go off but what he didn't know is that if you carry it in your pocket without a holster or other device to cover the trigger it will go off or at least we can’t prove it. testing and issuance of a license ensures that they know the consequences and can be held responsible for damages without question. IF this happens they can't say I didn't know and lessen the charge….accountability; plain and simple

  9. #24
    Member Array boatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    While I strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment, and believe everyone who is not a felon or mentally deficient should be able to own a gun for protection IN THEIR HOME, I do believe there should be at least a minimum of firearms safety training before one is allowed to carry a firearm in public. I know this view will not be popular with many of the members here, but quite frankly, your "rights" end when they endanger or infringe on my "rights"! Idiots who have no knowledge or regard for firearms safety DO NOT have a "right" to endanger the lives and well being of others! If you don't know how to handle or carry a firearm safely, you have no business carrying one in public. If you or one of your loved ones is killed or injured by a bullet, does it really matter if it was "fired" by a BG or by a careless idiot who didn't know what he was doing with a firearm? You are just as dead or just as injured, no matter who "pulled the trigger". It is idiots like this that give all firearms owners a bad name with the anti crowd. The fact that 98 or 99% of firearms owners are responsible and safety conscious doesn't matter to the nutcase antis. Just one idiot like this harms us all. OK, off my soapbox--for now.
    agree with you.

    Here in MA, that has some of the most restrictive laws, the requirements to CC are as follows:

    1. Take basic gun safety class. If you are lucky, you MIGHT get to shoot 5 rounds. But that is not a requirement.

    2. Apply and get your license. (of course, this being MA, the local town PD determines if you get a target/hunting, or unrestricted license, but that depends upon the town you live in, not your qualifications)

    At that point, you can then CC HAVING NEVER SHOT A GUN EVER IN YOUR LIFE.

    And BTW, I believe this is why these incidents hurt the responsible CCer. Most the 'antis' are not nutcase antis. They are just not super pro. They can go one way or another. They don't care about this as an issue, they want to be safe, and when they see incidents like this, then of course they lean away more. They want to be convinced that this is not unsafe practice.

    I have a friend in local politics, gun owner, who believes the NRA or someone should create a CC class and everyone who wants to CC should take this. Constitutionally this isn't right, but politically it would take all the people who don't care, or are sitting on the fence, and now they would not be against it.

  10. #25
    Member Array Bstock87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    111
    Idiot, he was probably texting and driving on the way there too.
    barstoolguru likes this.

  11. #26
    VIP Member Array JDE101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,591
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Which of your "Rights" is the Government infringing upon by adhering to the letter of the 2nd amendment ? Your tirade is emotionally based and poorly thought out. You claim you believe in the 2nd amendment but only as you think it should be allowed, that sounds hypocritical to me.
    I think you should re-read what I said again. I said NOTHING about the GOVERNMENT infringing upon my rights! If an idiot shoots me or my loved ones because he is irresponsibly exercising his second amendment "rights" by carrying a gun he is not qualified to carry, he has infringed upon my "right" to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness! Just like you can't exercise your "right" to free speech by yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, you shouldn't be able to exercise your "right" to carry a gun for "protection" if you don't know what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks you are doing with it! That idiot is a danger to himself and anyone who is around him, as clearly evidenced by the video! Not much of an argument there, is there? Seems pretty clear to me.

    I think you should read carefully what other are saying before you criticize them for a poorly thought out emotionally based tirade!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

  12. #27
    VIP Member Array JoJoGunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    2,919
    Let's face it, there are idiots out there. Many of them are in posession of and maniupulate dangerous objects. Like the guy who launched his 3,000 + SUV at me as I rounded a curve coming back to my office today.

    This guy is just one of those idiots who doesn't know how to handle something dangerous. I bet he's as bad in a motor vehicle as well. Perhaps Darwinism will catch him someday. This isn't a "sign" to ban stuff, we just need a bit more education.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

    The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

  13. #28
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    why did I see this coming.... and no mention of lawsuit…...lmbo....as much as some people are against it some form of testing should be required ( here it comes; I don't need no testing. it is a waste of my time). Trust me, we all understand that there some people are very efficient but how do we sort them out from the dingbats? We test for a driver’s lic and we test to obtain a job but everyone is against testing for carrying a gun!

    When this guy bought a gun he knew perfectly well that if the trigger is pulled the gun will go off but what he didn't know is that if you carry it in your pocket without a holster or other device to cover the trigger it will go off or at least we can’t prove it. testing and issuance of a license ensures that they know the consequences and can be held responsible for damages without question. IF this happens they can't say I didn't know and lessen the charge….accountability; plain and simple
    Mostly because driving is not a Constitutionally protected right. As far as getting a job, that's up to the individual employer, not the government. It has absolutely zero to do with anything here.

    Personally, I don't think any state should require a permit to carry a gun. Yes, there are idiots out there. The problem is that those idiots will still be there, regardless of if they have a little piece of paper or not. Making mandatory training is just ridiculous. Most decent CC classes are going to run a couple hundred dollars, on top of purchasing the gun and ammo, and the background check fee to get the permit. Not everyone can afford that. People making minimum wage have just as much right to protect themselves as someone making a whole heck of a lot more.

    This is why our rights are on the very edge of the proverbial cliff. If we as gun owners can't agree on what the 2nd Amendment means, then we are only allowing our opposition (who's views are very clear across the board) to continue to infringe on our rights. Every gun owner needs to remove their head from their posterior and stand up for the rights our founding father's protected. If we don't, it's only a matter of time before we lose them all together.

  14. #29
    Ex Member Array barstoolguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    under a rock in area 51
    Posts
    2,548
    Personally, I don't think any state should require a permit to carry a gun. Yes, there are idiots out there. The problem is that those idiots will still be there, regardless of if they have a little piece of paper or not. Making mandatory training is just ridiculous. Most decent CC classes are going to run a couple hundred dollars, on top of purchasing the gun and ammo, and the background check fee to get the permit. Not everyone can afford that. People making minimum wage have just as much right to protect themselves as someone making a whole heck of a lot more.
    Here we go... I am not going to get into it with you. Here you have a state that doesn't require a lic and no training and we have a ND/AD so your argument is full of holes. so I am curious where does the constitution say you have the right to carry a firearm in public? What it does say you have the right to bear arms but it doesn't say where!! IF you can carry a gun for self-protection IT IS A privilege just like driving you have a responsibility to ensure the safety of others around you and he FAILED.

  15. #30
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Here we go... I am not going to get into it with you. Here you have a state that doesn't require a lic and no training and we have a ND/AD so your argument is full of holes. so I am curious where does the constitution say you have the right to carry a firearm in public? What it does say you have the right to bear arms but it doesn't say where!! IF you can carry a gun for self-protection IT IS A privilege just like driving you have a responsibility to ensure the safety of others around you and he FAILED.
    ND's happen everywhere. Not just in states that don't require permits. YOUR argument is full of holes. MT has a very basic requirement for a person to get a CWP. Pass hunter's safety. You hardly ever hear about someone in MT having a ND.

    You're right. It simply says that we have the right to bear arms. Most reasonable people would infer that since they didn't put a stipulation about only being able to bear arms in your home, that the founding father's intended for it to mean that the people had a right to bear arms ANYWHERE. Compare it to several state Constitutions that have a clause after the RTKBA. That clause goes something like this, "but nothing herein shall be construed to permit the carrying of concealed weapons." If THAT were in the Constitution, then you would have a valid argument. Unfortunately for you, it isn't there. You're logic has more holes than swiss cheese.

    BTW, thanks for not getting into it with me.


    ETA: To disprove your logic further, here's a story for you. Happened in NY, where there is some pretty substantial requirements to get a permit. Guess what? This idiot didn't have one! Like I said, there will always be idiots. Whether they have a little piece of paper saying they can carry or not.
    http://reason.com/archives/2008/12/0...ms-maximum-stu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

1911 a mans gun
,

does mcdonald's support gun control

,
gun does not go off at mcdonalds
,

mcdonalds gun control

,
mmans gun goes off and shoots hand in hickory
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors