bad for CCing- mans gun goes off at a mcdonalds - Page 3

bad for CCing- mans gun goes off at a mcdonalds

This is a discussion on bad for CCing- mans gun goes off at a mcdonalds within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by barstoolguru Here we go... I am not going to get into it with you. Here you have a state that doesn't require ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: bad for CCing- mans gun goes off at a mcdonalds

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Here we go... I am not going to get into it with you. Here you have a state that doesn't require a lic and no training and we have a ND/AD so your argument is full of holes. so I am curious where does the constitution say you have the right to carry a firearm in public? What it does say you have the right to bear arms but it doesn't say where!! IF you can carry a gun for self-protection IT IS A privilege just like driving you have a responsibility to ensure the safety of others around you and he FAILED.
    Please correct me if I am wrong but in the Aurora thread you were saying folks were being denied a right to carry in the theater (para phrasing). Now it is a privelege to carry outside your home? That would invalidate any arguement you made in the other thread about the lawsuit going forward on any rights issues or 2A issues. Not trying to start anything...just want a clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Yep, negligence.

Odds are it was a Glock.
    Law enforcement had some ND issues with the Glock transitioning from their older service guns. I too would like to know the type of pistol involved.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong but in the Aurora thread you were saying folks were being denied a right to carry in the theater (para phrasing). Now it is a privelege to carry outside your home? That would invalidate any arguement you made in the other thread about the lawsuit going forward on any rights issues or 2A issues. Not trying to start anything...just want a clarification.
    What I said is that carrying a gun is a privilege and as such we need to ensure that when we do it is safe for the people around us just like driving a car.
    if I go through a safety course and prove I understand gun safety they should not be able to ban me and if so they need to provide security to compensate.

we are talking safety here, when I am on a job and operating a forklift I have to prove I can, when I drive a car: I have to prove I can so why is a gun any different and if I prove I can handle a gun safe and show the basic skills then I should not be banned from businesses that can't provide adequate security.

Don’t ask a business owner to allow gun owners in if they (the gun owners) can't provide that they are by some standard confident. We expect it from law enforcement but not from the civilians. You see no one saying LEO's can't come in with a gun... why? ... because the public has a reasonable amount of confidence in them but they don't by some yahoo that walks into a gun store and plops down a CC and buys a gun...and here we are at McDonalds with a guy that owns a gun and has no training that says a gun is not something you shove in your pants

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Actually carrying a firearm for a LEO is part of his job, not because the public has a reasonable amount of confidence in them....but I will bow out of this conversation.....for now My thoughts are pretty clear on this.

What I said is that carrying a gun is a privilege and as such we need to ensure that when we do it is safe for the people around us just like driving a car.
    if I go through a safety course and prove I understand gun safety they should not be able to ban me and if so they need to provide security to compensate.

we are talking safety here, when I am on a job and operating a forklift I have to prove I can, when I drive a car: I have to prove I can so why is a gun any different and if I prove I can handle a gun safe and show the basic skills then I should not be banned from businesses that can't provide adequate security.

Don’t ask a business owner to allow gun owners in if they (the gun owners) can't provide that they are by some standard confident. We expect it from law enforcement but not from the civilians. You see no one saying LEO's can't come in with a gun... why? ... because the public has a reasonable amount of confidence in them but they don't by some yahoo that walks into a gun store and plops down a CC and buys a gun...and here we are at McDonalds with a guy that owns a gun and has no training that says a gun is not something you shove in your pants
    Statistically speaking, LEO's have a very poor track record for ND's. All the training they receive doesn't prevent them, so why would training a normal citizen be any different? BTW, CC'ers have a MUCH better track record as far as ND's or innocent bystanders being shot than LE does. Just sayin'.

I could tell you some stories about the local LEO's and their "training". One of them even shot themselves in the leg drawing their gun awhile back. I have considerably LESS faith in these yahoos than I do the average citizen here.

Angry

This was operator error pure and simple.

It matters not what firearm was being carried.

With no holster and the firearm stuffed into a rear pocket something had to pull the trigger to make the weapon fire.

Adjusting his pants and leaning his butt againsts the stores counter with a loaded firearm unsecured in a rear pocket is a receipe for a ND.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Actually carrying a firearm for a LEO is part of his job, not because the public has a reasonable amount of confidence in them....but I will bow out of this conversation.....for now My thoughts are pretty clear on this.
    Life is a compromise, if you want food you give up money, a service or trade. You want to drive a car you provide insurance, a car that is inspected and safe, registration to pay for roads and bridges so why shouldn't a gun be any different? You want to carry in a business or establishment then you go through a course right. That is a compromise... they feel better and we get to carry without the hassle

The other poster mention a hunter safety course, guess what since they started that hunting accidents went down over like 70 % so to say it won’t work for guns is crazy but as gun owners we got to the point we are afraid of giving something up. This is a good give and a win-win for everyone

Going holster-less invites trouble, just as pointing the muzzle at others does. Holsters are a terrible thing to waste.

Gun Safety element #5. Always carry your gun in a holster that shields the trigger. (Thanks, Roon. )
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    I think you should re-read what I said again. I said NOTHING about the GOVERNMENT infringing upon my rights! If an idiot shoots me or my loved ones because he is irresponsibly exercising his second amendment "rights" by carrying a gun he is not qualified to carry, he has infringed upon my "right" to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness! Just like you can't exercise your "right" to free speech by yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, you shouldn't be able to exercise your "right" to carry a gun for "protection" if you don't know what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks you are doing with it! That idiot is a danger to himself and anyone who is around him, as clearly evidenced by the video! Not much of an argument there, is there? Seems pretty clear to me.

I think you should read carefully what other are saying before you criticize them for a poorly thought out emotionally based tirade!
    And again you post a disjointed emotionally based tirade that belies your claim of support for the 2nd amendment. The Constitution protects the individual from the Government friend, not from the dangers of living life. Nor the irrational thoughts of those who would restrict freedoms in the misdirected name of "safety". You would deny others the right to use and carry a firearm based on your personal prejudices and beliefs ............ sounds hypocritical to me.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Life is a compromise, if you want food you give up money, a service or trade. You want to drive a car you provide insurance, a car that is inspected and safe, registration to pay for roads and bridges so why shouldn't a gun be any different? You want to carry in a business or establishment then you go through a course right. That is a compromise... they feel better and we get to carry without the hassle

The other poster mention a hunter safety course, guess what since they started that hunting accidents went down over like 70 % so to say it won’t work for guns is crazy but as gun owners we got to the point we are afraid of giving something up. This is a good give and a win-win for everyone
    No inspections here.

As far as the hunter safety, I agree that it's a good thing. Do I think it should be mandatory? Not really. Of course we're afraid to give something up. Every time we gave an inch, they took a mile! I don't consider it a win-win. Hunter safety I can understand, but an entire CC class is overkill, IMO.

1. he should learn what holsters are for...... the dummy.

2. he should be restricted for life to going thru the drive-thru.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    1. he should learn what holsters are for...... the dummy.

2. he should be restricted for life to going thru the drive-thru.
    3. He should realize how lucky he is to have avoided eating through a straw for the remainder of his days, and to have avoided causing anyone else to do the same.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    3. He should realize how lucky he is to have avoided eating through a straw for the remainder of his days, and to have avoided causing anyone else to do the same.
    He's fortunate he wasn't appendix carrying.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Why would you spend 500.00 or so for a gun and not spend 20.00 or so on a holster ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Statistically speaking, LEO's have a very poor track record for ND's. All the training they receive doesn't prevent them, so why would training a normal citizen be any different? BTW, CC'ers have a MUCH better track record as far as ND's or innocent bystanders being shot than LE does. Just sayin'.

I could tell you some stories about the local LEO's and their "training". One of them even shot themselves in the leg drawing their gun awhile back. I have considerably LESS faith in these yahoos than I do the average citizen here.
    Letís stop for a minute and look at this; the average LEO handles a gun a lot more than a CCer. the average LEO is in more stressful situations that the average CCer. the average LEO had to load and unload his firearm a lot when entering secure areas (where we can't take ours at all) so when you add up the time handling a gun the odds of an office having a ND/AD are going to be higher.

Letís take the time factor or even the number of handles and per gun in both categories (LEO vs. civilian) and they will win in the safer records.

I was reading in a book about Glock and the NYC 8 lb trigger and how it came about. the NYC authorized cops to buy Glock (they guy their own guns) and they noticed that the ND/AD rate went up considerably so someone came up with the NYC trigger and made it mandatory for them to be added. the AD/ND rate dropped almost instantly.

One of the things that were mentioned is blood and how the body reacts to a stressful situation. When under stress or fear the body robs all the outer extremities of blood and pools it to the center of the body thus causing lack of feel and motor skill so sometimes it is hard to feel the trigger because of this. Hence the term "he was ghost white" because the body restrict blood flow

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links