bad for CCing- mans gun goes off at a mcdonalds

This is a discussion on bad for CCing- mans gun goes off at a mcdonalds within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First off this is why we as responsible gun owners take a beating with gun buster signs; because idiots like this!!! People like this set ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: bad for CCing- mans gun goes off at a mcdonalds

First off this is why we as responsible gun owners take a beating with gun buster signs; because idiots like this!!! People like this set us back 5 years with this insolent. If there were any fence sitters about gun control in that McDonalds you can bet they aren’t fences sitting any more
    Second I like to point out that the acutance happened on the July 21 but the article is dated aug 17th so if it is a repost you can understand why

Posted: 08/17/2012
    By: Adam Slinger
    The case, which occurred on July 21, was sent to the Coconino County Attorney’s office to determine if charges should be filed against the gun owner

VIDEO: Flagstaff man accidentally fires gun inside crowded McDonald's

took the gun back to his car,,,,,,had to satisfy his "Big Mac Attack",,,,,,,Still trying to understand how leaning against a wall would cause a gun to discharge,,,,,No holster??

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Would like to know more about holster if any. How could this happen. I envision no gun signs going up all over the place.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    The 24-year-old man had the firearm in his waist band, the police report states...
    No holster = STUPID

People carrying guns in improper ways is what makes those of us who are responsible CCers look bad. You want to carry a gun to defend yourself, great. But do it in a way that KEEPS YOU OUT OF THE NEWS FOR DOING STUPID THINGS.

Sorry...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

as much as it's wrong I wish he would have shot himself in the butt for being stupid and making other look bad

Distinguished Member
    :: sigh ::
    Ron7624 and mano3 like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    as much as it's wrong I wish he would have shot himself in the butt for being stupid and making other look bad
    Well that's a pretty stupid thing to say. Like you've never made a mistake before. Heck, I wish you would have been t-boned for blowing through a red light at some point. I hope your tire would have exploded the moment you exceeded the speed limit and made your car flip. You made drivers look bad.

We don't know the weapon, we don't know if there was a holster. He technically didn't violate any of the 'golden 4 rules' about firearms as he never even went anywhere near the firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    Well that's a pretty stupid thing to say. Like you've never made a mistake before. Heck, I wish you would have been t-boned for blowing through a red light at some point. I hope your tire would have exploded the moment you exceeded the speed limit and made your car flip. You made drivers look bad.

We don't know the weapon, we don't know if there was a holster. He technically didn't violate any of the 'golden 4 rules' about firearms as he never even went anywhere near the firearm.
    He did go near the firearm.The trigger was pulled. The gun didn't just 'go off' by itself.
    Old School, oldnfat and msgt/ret like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Obviously stupid actions, or carry method. I suspect no holster.
    For the record, I’m not defending this guy or anyone else who potentially harms innocent folks due to foolish or negligent gun handling. Whatever consequences he faces, I support.

I do not think that this does much, if any damage, to the CCW cause. I think anyone that carries does so because they realize there are real dangers in the world. For the Anti’s, this is just a little more noise in their hysteria.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

IF he had the gun in a holster do you think it would have gone off? Some mistakes are just that mistakes but when you make one because of poor judgment (in this case) and it affects others then you need to be punished wither by god or by jury). Blowing through a red light,
    failure to pay attention and maybe kill someone falls into that category: law calls that loss of control.

Let’s not mistake an accident with NEGLAGENTS (and yes he was)

And just for the record: pain is the greatest teacher in the world
    Old School, msgt/ret and JDE101 like this.

I would have to agree about pain being the best teacher. He's lucky that it didn't ricochet and hit somebody. I ALWAYS use a holster and if its my pocket rocket, I've at least got it in my old converted leather cellphone sleeve so the trigger is covered. Not as unsafe as it sounds, I cut a slit in the end for the muzzle and flared the corner so the front sight doesn't snag.

I wonder if he had it in his pocket and his keys pulled the trigger? I can see that happening, that's why I made the cellphone sleeve holster....

Obviously the trigger was not protected. End of story, but what the article doesn't state is whether the guy actually had a CCW permit or if he was carrying illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInWV View Post
    Obviously the trigger was not protected. End of story, but what the article doesn't state is whether the guy actually had a CCW permit or if he was carrying illegally.
    I didn't think Arizona required a permit to carry a firearm.

Michael

How do you know barstool is a "driver",,,,,you are just making an assumption. The actor made a HUGE mistake because of his stupidity, he endangered others.

May want to do a little research.....Man's gun accidentally goes off at McDonald's, police say

sgb
    Justin Maccrae Smith, 24, had placed an unholstered firearm in the rear of his pants before entering the restaurant Saturday afternoon.............
    Yep, negligence.

Odds are it was a Glock.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links